Reveal deck buff Idea.

+
Reveal deck buff Idea.

Hey, I've been thinking about what changes could be made to Reveal in general to make it a little more stable, the first and easiest idea I had was making Spotter/Van get a base strength increase rather than a buff so they're strenth can't be reset or would that make them too strong?

One of the major flaws with reveal deck is it is a snowball strategy. We dont get to see the major benefit till round two and three. Even then its so predictable and majority of the time get d bombd.

I am definitely on board of making a unit it raise its base strength rather give a buff. Could probably only do it with one unit (vanhemer). Or if they decided to do it with bronze units, they would probably have to really lower their base str so it wouldn't be super OP.

Add more abilities! At the moment reveal only does three things. Buffs our units, deals damage (mangols only) and reduce str of one unit (waste of a silver IMO). They could have a unit grant resillience when a card is revealed. They could have a unit grant a unit or form a quen shield when a card is revealed. While they dont have to be those specific ideas just give us more options.

I know part of the perk with reveal is to see your opponent's hand...but as time goes on and players become more experienced it doesn't have that big of an impact anymore.

Its a fine suggestion , but truthfully i think the reveal archetype needs a bit more than just strength buffs.

Base strength wouldn't make them too strong IMO, although they would need to reset back to their original base strength when they go to the graveyard.
However It wouldn't make the archetype more 'stable' as you put it.

Something like this.
Whilst in you deck hand, or on your side of the battlefield, gain 1 base strength whenever a card in either players hand is revealed. When moved to the graveyard set base strength to 'N' (Even when locked)

There has been discussion on some changes you can find here and here
Although many people probably wont like the idea, I think one possible buff to the archetype is to allow certain cards to interact with your opponent revealed cards whilst in their hand.
It fits NG's faction style of resource control and not just simply revealing cards = buffing units, or triggering removal cards.

So what of these suggestions?

Silver
Discard a random revealed non-gold card from your opponent hand to their graveyard. then your opponent draws the top non-gold card from their deck and reveals it.

Gold Special
(Whenever this card is in your hand reveal it.) Move a chosen revealed card from your opponents hand to the bottom of their deck, then your opponent draws the top bronze card in their deck and reveals it.
This is powerful effect so I chose to make it always visible to your opponent, so they know you have it.

Silver
Whilst this card remains on the battlefield, reveal the top cards for both you and your opponent's decks
So just like when the card turns over in your hand when it is revealed, this will cause the top cards on both decks to flip over and be revealed, as long as the card is on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Jhinjie96;n8329290 said:
Hey, I've been thinking about what changes could be made to Reveal in general to make it a little more stable, the first and easiest idea I had was making Spotter/Van get a base strength increase rather than a buff so they're strenth can't be reset or would that make them too strong?

if I be you, I will not using spotter. that adding STR is too low.
I will suggesting you to use Siege unit that remove 2 STR every card on both hand revealed, using van is fine. combine it with resilient and don't too greedy revealing your opponent card hand, knowing what cards on your opponent hand mean win the game. but you need to reveal you hand a bit and medic because every army need medic :D

Lim3zer0 both your discard effects lead to card disadvantage as you spend 1 card and they replace the 1 card you nuke. In a game like gwent where card advantage is king this would make them too weak, I don't feel that forcing discard on a revealed non-gold card or bronze card would be too strong for a silver/gold card but it might lead to unfun gameplay (nobody likes discard effects in MTG lol)

Another idea would be that cards in your hand gain effects if revealed, so if revealed this card gains resilience or a boost in power or something.
I like things adding strength rather than base strength at bronze because it increases interaction though it'd be a cool way to buff the silver version of spotter as currently he's not worth the slot.

Swifty4;n8412800 said:
Lim3zer0 both your discard effects lead to card disadvantage as you spend 1 card and they replace the 1 card you nuke.

They are not card disadvantage cards. They don't have any form of card advantage be it plus or minus.

Explain:
Start off with 10 cards
  • I discard a card from their hand with my card, so i am at 9 cards.
  • They drop to 9 cards, but immediately go back up to 10.
  • Their turn happens and they go down to 9 cards.
We have an even number cards after both our turns. No card disadvantage.

Its the same result CA wise as playing a regular, no effect unit.

In fact what this effect is, is basically a imposed randomised Svanrige.

Lim3zer0;n8413090 said:
In fact what this effect is, is basically a imposed randomised Svanrige.

Which makes it absolutely terrible against Skellige decks.

Reveal decks 100% need something interesting though. Its a cool mechanic, seeing what's in the opponents hand. What did CDPR do with it? What they do with absolutely every archetype in the game - deal 1/2 damage for every (X). Gain 1/2 strength every time you (X). Reveal could have so much more to it - as has been suggested, you could move revealed cards somewhere else. You could have a card that becomes a copy of a revealed non-gold card. You could deal damage to revealed units (the card would still be played - it's effect would activate, and then it would take the damage). Cards like Auckes could target revealed units (imagine locking a Cleaver so you can't get locked). So many possibilities beyond "do damage", "gain strength". You just aren't scared when the core card to your deck gets revealed. You could do cards that work with self reveal too - when this card is revealed, summon a copy from the deck. When this card is revealed, draw a card. When this card is revealed, deal 6 damage to a random enemy. This, in my opinion is why Nilfgaard is considered a bit weak - there are cool mechanics, but the cards that work with them just don't really do anything different from any other class.

Top Bottom