Check my deck!

+
Check my deck!

Hello fellow Imperials!

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/17039-spy-triggers My deck is in the link. Only golds owned but not in the deck are Stefan, Aard, Yennefer, and Ciri. Ciri's the only one I've thought about subbing in, but Tibor is the only one I'd consider, and I like him against certain decks either in round one or two, to either pass on round one forcing my opponent into card debt, or to play early in round two after winning round one to then pass on.

Looking for suggestions/future additions. My plans are to build into Cantarella, Assassination, Menno, and Auckes. After that I'm kinda open. I've thought about Calveit and Letho, and other neutral cards on my radar are Aeromancy and Operator. I've also considered KoB just as a way to fish out a medic. I'll probably incorporate decoy as well soon, as I'm about to get it as a reward.

After that I might start building some Mangonels and getting into the reveal deck a bit. Again welcome all tweaks, suggestions, etc. Happy spying!

I am using a variation of that deck. It's a fun deck that can reliable pull out all cards during the game (important for Ciri: Dash) and keep some strong units on the board. However, the deck remains a one trick pony and it isn't suited for high(er) ranked play. Still, it's nice for a few casual games.

Hello

I can share my Calveit with you, but you have to figure him out by yourself (Way too much writing, this Deck is nearly 100% Combos ^^)

Last edited:
a_page06;n8431920 said:
Hello fellow Imperials!

Looking for suggestions/future additions. My plans are to build into Cantarella, Assassination, Menno, and Auckes. After that I'm kinda open. I've thought about Calveit and Letho, and other neutral cards on my radar are Aeromancy and Operator. I've also considered KoB just as a way to fish out a medic. I'll probably incorporate decoy as well soon, as I'm about to get it as a reward!

I would definitely put assassination on the near bottom of priority when it comes to gold cards.
Letho is a complete beast but be warned, its a known issue you cant play him on opponents seige and ranged rows sometimes.
Cantarella is very high on the priority list and auckes is pretty solid.
Menno is a lot of fun. Most people dont expect him.

Yeah I've seen some of the reports of Letho bugs. I mean it is what it is, its a beta, right? Honestly Auckes is actually kinda low-pri for me too, as effectively he brings nothing more than a 2 power boost over cleaver. But seeing as I do use cleaver a lot, when I'm looking to tweak it would be a good solution. Yeah I was kinda hoping to working Cantarella and Menno around the time I drop Fake Ciri because she stops fooling people. I still win a round or two a day for free with her, gain a bunch of power out of a few rounds with her, and get outright countered on her fairly infrequently.

So for 4RM3D and Faustus, why no rot tossers? I know it is sort of situational based on faction, but it is a good way to disrupt a decent amount of things, for me at least. 4RM3D just out of curiosity how many decks do you consider suitable for highly ranked play? And what kind of MMR are we talking about these days?

Another question is what do you guys feel like you gain out of three copies versus two? I went from running like one Engineer, then one Nauzica, and so on because it seemed like when I have two of each (especially with Nilf) its fairly easy to get the cards I want based on the situation. Beyond the basics of creating card advantage, knowing how to counter the enemy based on faction and strategy, and other card game basics, what do yall think is really the trick to playing this deck? For me I find that the deck has a variety of ways that can be played to either create strong units and retaining them from round to round, or creating a variety of strength throughout the rows that becomes hard to counter. Either way I definitely find that the key to this deck that others lack is that its sort of the opposite of the reveal deck-I have more information about the state, and more ability to manipulate, the status of my deck.

Your build looks good to start with, but I would recommend a few adjustments:

1.) The bronze package you play consists of 7 card pairs which might increase flexibility, but brings 2 major problems. First, you make your mulligans worse and decrease your chances on golds and silvers in your starting hand. The way mulliganing currently works, replaced cards are blanked so you can't redraw them. That means that by playing triplets the replacement of your bronze singletons from hand exclude more unwanted cards from your redraw which increases your probabilities on key cards. Second, you weaken your deck thinning by diluting the Emissary --> Nauzicaa Brigade --> Vicovaro Medic --> Emissary -->etc. loop that grants you immense power swings and deck control. I would strongly recommend to play the full 3 Emissary, Brigade, Medic (could be trimmed to 2) package. For that reason, I can also recommend Ciri: Dash even though she's not mandatory.

2.) Auckes is just a straight upgrade to Cleaver

3.) Fake Ciri is not that good of a card (unfortunately) as the most dominant meta decks all have perfect answers to it. Monsters will eat her, Elves will scorch/Milva her and others might decoy her. I would play Sweers instead which might look like an odd advice, but he is your perfect companion in ripping appart key cards from the opponents deck (Medics against NR, Priests against SK, Necker against MS, Merchants/Dragoons against ST) whilst also increasing the chances of milling away all bronze cards from your opponents deck (use Decoy to double his effect) which removes the drawbacks of Tibor, Cahir, Vilgefortz.

4.) Try to add 1 Manticor Venom, if you face alot of Henselt

5.) Never mind Assassination. Morkvarg is dead already (poor puppy) and it's inferior to GIgni

Here's a list to my current version of Morvran Nilfgaard that I successfully test at 4400+ (it's not my main though):
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/17061-millgaard

Cheers
:doubt2:

Last edited:
Ninschi;n8434420 said:
Your build looks good to start with, but I would recommend a few adjustments:

1.) The bronze package you play consists of 7 card pairs which might increase flexibility, but brings 2 major problems. First, you make your mulligans worse and decrease your chances on golds and silvers in your starting hand. The way mulliganing currently works, replaced cards are blanked so you can't redraw them. That means that by playing triplets the replacement of your bronze singletons from hand exclude more unwanted cards from your redraw which increases your probabilities on key cards. Second, you weaken your deck thinning by diluting the Emissary --> Nauzicaa Brigade --> Vicovaro Medic --> Emissary -->etc. loop that grants you immense power swings and deck control. I would strongly recommend to play the full 3 Emissary, Brigade, Medic (could be trimmed to 2) package. For that reason, I can also recommend Ciri: Dash even though she's not mandatory.

2.) Auckes is just a straight upgrade to Cleaver

3.) Fake Ciri is not that good of a card (unfortunately) as the most dominant meta decks all have perfect answers to it. Monsters will eat her, Elves will scorch/Milva her and others might decoy her. I would play Sweers instead which might look like an odd advice, but he is your perfect companion in ripping appart key cards from the opponents deck (Medics against NR, Priests against SK, Necker against MS, Merchants/Dragoons against ST) whilst also increasing the chances of milling away all bronze cards from your opponents deck (use Decoy to double his effect) which removes the drawbacks of Tibor, Cahir, Vilgefortz.

4.) Try to add 1 Manticor Venom, if you face alot of Henselt

5.) Never mind Assassination. Morkvarg is dead already (poor puppy) and it's inferior to GIgni

Here's a list to my current version of Morvran Nilfgaard that I successfully test at 4400+ (it's not my main though):
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/17061-millgaard

Cheers
:doubt2:

So go three on with those three cards and drop what, the ambassadors and one imperia brigade?

Yeah the Auckes upgrade is on the list. He's obviously a straight 2 power upgrade, but considering other cards have more utility and power he's not at the top, but definitely is on the list as a finishing touch. I've definitely had my eye on Sweers, and I'll probably have him before too long. I should be hitting level 20 son too to get my own decoy card, so that'll be added in as well.

She's not bad at the lower end of the ladder! :p Seriously, that's the only reason I've been keeping her around. I can win a round simply because the enemy doesn't calculate for her and passes or doesn't have any answer for her. I just got Cantarella last night, and I think I subbed her in for FC.

I'll do that when I start seeing them, but at this point its maybe 1/6 matches or less, and its usually not run well enough/doesn't have all the key cards to really make it effective.

Got it. Kinda thought the card would be more useful... Maybe its another one of those cards you just kind of outrank eventually.

a_page06;n8431920 said:
Hello fellow Imperials!

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/17039-spy-triggers My deck is in the link. Only golds owned but not in the deck are Stefan, Aard, Yennefer, and Ciri. Ciri's the only one I've thought about subbing in, but Tibor is the only one I'd consider, and I like him against certain decks either in round one or two, to either pass on round one forcing my opponent into card debt, or to play early in round two after winning round one to then pass on.

Looking for suggestions/future additions. My plans are to build into Cantarella, Assassination, Menno, and Auckes. After that I'm kinda open. I've thought about Calveit and Letho, and other neutral cards on my radar are Aeromancy and Operator. I've also considered KoB just as a way to fish out a medic. I'll probably incorporate decoy as well soon, as I'm about to get it as a reward.

After that I might start building some Mangonels and getting into the reveal deck a bit. Again welcome all tweaks, suggestions, etc. Happy spying!

everything is fine but im suggesting change your cleaver to auckes and treason into sweer or albric.
Sweer is very good against Monster. move all their necker to grave.
RIP nekker

a_page06;n8437690 said:
So go three on with those three cards and drop what, the ambassadors and one imperia brigade?

Yeah the Auckes upgrade is on the list. He's obviously a straight 2 power upgrade, but considering other cards have more utility and power he's not at the top, but definitely is on the list as a finishing touch. I've definitely had my eye on Sweers, and I'll probably have him before too long. I should be hitting level 20 son too to get my own decoy card, so that'll be added in as well.

She's not bad at the lower end of the ladder! :p Seriously, that's the only reason I've been keeping her around. I can win a round simply because the enemy doesn't calculate for her and passes or doesn't have any answer for her. I just got Cantarella last night, and I think I subbed her in for FC.

I'll do that when I start seeing them, but at this point its maybe 1/6 matches or less, and its usually not run well enough/doesn't have all the key cards to really make it effective.

Got it. Kinda thought the card would be more useful... Maybe its another one of those cards you just kind of outrank eventually.

I would rather keep the Imperia Brigades as they most of the time guarantee a power-takeover of 14+ when combined with Combat Engineer. That said, 1 Combat Engineer should be enough (you can even reuse him with Decoy, if added). I totally forgot about Cantarella Oo - shes a must!

Ninschi;n8438780 said:
I would rather keep the Imperia Brigades as they most of the time guarantee a power-takeover of 14+ when combined with Combat Engineer. That said, 1 Combat Engineer should be enough (you can even reuse him with Decoy, if added). I totally forgot about Cantarella Oo - shes a must!

Yeah that doesn't sound too bad. I've definitely noticed with roach and keeping the 3 emissaries my deck thinning is much better. I just got Cantarella, can't wait to take her out for a spin! ;)

Sweer is definitely someone I've thought about. Might still keep the dbomb around, but it wouldn't be automatically necessary. I like dbomb against SK and NR, but yeah Sweer would be great against consumes.

Abro44;n8439830 said:
Since i am new to this game, 2 weeks playing now (not counting what i played in Witcher II :p) i came up with this deck.
Used the cards i got from kegs or i crafted.
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/17123-nilfgaard-rodeo
I am open to any suggestions and i got 1100 scraps so i can buy some cards to tweak it a bit. Any help is welcome ;)

I'd get igni first and roach second. The medics are a nice target for Vilg, but Roach guarantees you have a target. Igni first though, it just wrecks people at the lower levels and definitely has utility for a while. Gives you the same thing as scorch with more power, and it won't target your side!

Its such a strong card, and many don't have it because they focus on factional cards first. With Cahir, Menno, and Vilgefortz you're in a great spot for the faction stuff. Hell, I'd prefer Menno to Tibor in my deck.

Alright so I have Cantarella and Auckes, thoughts on what next? I'm kind of torn between Sweers, Peter Saar, Calveit, and just saving another ~500 scraps for Menno. Sweers seems good against nekkers and perhaps poor infantry, while Peter Saar seems like a good way to counter single cards (large vraans, huge elvaan combos, axemen) without having to burn my dbomb or igni right away...plus he has decent power like Sweers. King of Beggars is also on a lot of lists for good legendary cards, but honestly for 800 scraps I can think of better ways to pull a medic (which I usually don't have trouble finding one in my deck anyways...)

Edit: About to hit level 20, so I'll get decoy then.

Last edited:
a_page06 Sweers and Peter are tec choices, if you do run into nekkers often then Sweers is defiantly worth a go, and he also works for other cards, namely Priestesses, Elven Mercs, Feild Medics.
Peter has application against consume and henselt, but d-bomb is better, unless you want to run both.

I don't see a use of KoB in NG.
NG have far better ways to look through their deck.

Calviet is good, now you have Cantarella.
However if you do run Caveit you need to be careful when running him with Vico Meidcs, and Nauzicaa, can sometimes screw you over.

Some more considerations are:
Cynthia
Cyprian
Skellen (if you can fit him in)

Do you have Menno now? I'd put him in in place of Tibor, if you run Cantarella, and keep to Morvran

Cynthia doesn't seem too bad, but I'd probably consider Sweers first. I have Skellen but don't run him. It kinda came down to him and Tibor and honestly when I win the first round or just need a bunch of power, Tibor's still proving to be quite useful.

I think the problem with the Sweers vs Peter is that I run into a lot of everything, but I do see your point as to how Sweers could stop chains of resurrections or nekker respawning. I think this is probably what will give my deck the most power at the moment, as I definitely didn't think about it vs anything but nekkers. I can see your point about Peter being the same as Dbomb; I wouldn't be completely against running both, but I do agree that you have two silver cards doing the same thing, and Dbomb does seem to do it better. The times that my dbomb would be more useful as a single target with 7 strength are pretty limited...

I guess its time to drop Sweers for Treason. I still find uses for treason, but I'm nearly sure that this will eliminate the need in the long run. I'd like to also have Menno to replace Tibor, as it would make Cantarella that much better, but I'm sure I can work around it.

Lim3zer0;n8452210 said:
a_page06 How is fake Ciri working out for you?
Just looking at that deck, I'd swap her out for Sweers.

I swapped her when I got Cantarella. She was good rank 1-5, but at this point I see enough Cleaver I don't feel like wasting Cleaver (or now Auckes, as I've recently upgraded) just to get her out of a jam. I'd also use Treason if I foresaw needing a lock elsewhere, but I've dropped it for Sweers as of today (haven't tried it though, so we'll see) so the likelihood I'll use her is pretty low. She's a good gimmick, but I'd like to continue my positive win rate and ladder climbing, so just had to outgrow her. I think with Joachim and Cantarella in my inventory though Menno is the next option. Joachim is good with a Nauzica of course, but if I don't happen to have one and I do have Menno, I can see him being extremely useful. Hopefully more useful than big ole beefy Tibor!

I think Menno for Tibor is the only option. Igni is 110% useful for me, Cahir is obvious, Vilge same thing, so that just leaves Tibor...

Top Bottom