Nilfgaard and Open Beta.

+
Nilfgaard and Open Beta.

With a major overhaul and changes to our beloved Nilfgaard , it looks like its going to be a lot fun. What are your opinions, excitement, worries and strategies with Nilfgaard and open beta now?

. I am really looking forward to rebuilding an awesome reveal deck. From the videos ive seen and cards it looks like it may be a force to reckon with.

. Premiums are absolutely amazing. Top on my list is Cahir, auckes, Tibor and Geralt Igni.

. New abilities. Auckes is going to be a beast with locking down two targets and dealing damage. Cynthia getting a boost to revealed unit. So much needed of a boost for Nilfgaard. I am really excited to see what combos i can put together.

I personally love all the changes. While its definitely not the same Gwent as from the Witcher 3, i believe for any type of game such as this, it needs to evolve to continue.

For Nilfgaard!!!

Nilfgaard is my main deck for now. Morning matches were glorious, lots of ways to keep the tempo with all the various decks... But by evening I encountered some similar decks that were pretty challenging to play against, especially ST dwarves.

Tad bit too strong. Decreasing revealed unit strength to 1? Or adding 2 crap golems on top of enemy deck? That's just mean.

Im focussing on Nilfgaard for now. Im not doin really that well after i started experimenting with the reveal mechanics. It seems too random and hard to pull off usually. Need to unlock more cards.. Goin back to try more with spy cards.

Hopefully tonight ill get some matches in. Had to spend the little free time i had last night opening kegs.

What other cards/mechanics do you feel are to strong kasumi and kaalev? Beside the two you mentioned?

I just got a premium vilgerfortz yesterday. I am building my deck but i try another factions too. Yes nilfgaard seems pretty op

Reveal is so nasty, i had madroeme in hand to execute a fat spoter in round3 but he mulliganed the card and got tibor. :(

reveal is my go to deck now, only weather monster makes my life miserable, if i don't get my clear skies, Scoia'tell is free win, Peter + Gigni hardcounter dwarfs and mulligan/special buffing decks

Honestly I am angry on people who are abusing this OP Nilfgard on rankeds...
This is clearly OVER POWER and I would recommend to REDS to block this faction till some nerfs, coz this is riddiculus. 90% of players are NILFGARD. They are doing whatever they want. Invulnerable, uncountrable scorpions? Check. Rotating own cards like crazy? Check. Removing power from card in hand? Check. Buffing own team like crazy? Check. Cow carcsass from hell milions of time? Check. Just WTF is this faction? What have you Done CDPred? Why? Who is responsible for this piece of steamy brownie.

Been finding some awful powerful NG out there, and im having problems with the carcasses to be honest. This faction now has gone OP, i do hope it gets nerfed. But make no mistake i do find ways to counter no problem, but the endless recicling always gets to me, sure hope for a future nerf.

Nilfgaard is too strong. How do you justify them playing 3x 20+ str agile bronze cards out of their hand on last round, whereas you're forced to play with open cards. That's f*cked up.

Then there's Tibor with his 25 str for a revealed bronze card, Guardian that screws with your deck, Auckles with double lock, Sweers that kills your bronze units before you even draw them, Serrit that sets a revealed unit to 1 str and Peter that resets and weakens a unit. That's just crazy.

Last edited:
kaalev;n8696750 said:
Nilfgaard is too strong. How do you justify them playing 3x 20+ str agile bronze cards out of their hand on last round, whereas you're forced to play with open cards. That's f*cked up.

Then there's Tibor with his 25 str for a revealed bronze card, Guardian that screws with your deck, Auckles with double lock, Sweers that kills your bronze units before you even draw them, Serrit that sets a revealed unit to 1 str and Peter that resets and weakens a unit. That's just crazy.

Complete nonsense! Even Tibor is not that strong to win a game on his own.
I don't even run Auckes at the moment since his locks are often useless, especially against weather players. Sweers is sometimes useful, sometimes not. He is just 7 strength then.
What is great about Serrit??

The Guardian is nice since he has 10 strength in any case.

Its interesting to see the feedback about Nilfgaard being really strong now. Im curious for those that feel that way are you playing rank, casual and have a good size collection of cards? Did you participate in closed beta?

I played Nilfgaard exclusively in the closed beta. I managed to get about rank 8 and in mid 20s for my level.

Top Bottom