Deck Showing Off for Ideas

+
Deck Showing Off for Ideas

Here's my deck and the purpose is to refine it, if it needs, or give ideas to others. In general it performs rather well while i am only at Rank 11 though atm.

LEADER:
- Calveit

SILVER:
- King of Beggars
- Cantarella
- Joachim de Wett
- Peter Saar Gwynleve
- Vanhemar
- Auckes

BRONZE:
- Ambassador x1
- Emissary x3
- Rot Tosser x2
- Vicovaro Medic x2
- Impera Brigade x3
- Combat Engineer x1
- Imperial Golem x3

GOLD:
- Cahir
- Vilgefortz
- Tibor Eggebracht
- Ragh Nar Roog

The deck has some restrictions while at the same is quite flexible to counter most things as i explain in the guide. 99,9% of the time i Leader on turn 1 to draw Golems but before you need a careful mulligan so you almost know what you'll get. I explain my thought process in the guide nevertheless.

GwentDB Link : Deck

Last edited:
PinkFloyd76;n8749400 said:
Here's my deck and the purpose is to refine it, if it needs, or give ideas to others. In general it performs rather well while i am only at Rank 11 though atm.
Pretty solid deck. I am not sure about king of beggards though... NF has sooo many awesome silver cards that I doubt he is the best choice.

Also, your grouping is strange. You mix all types of cards together. I'd suggest to single out types in a traditional way: gold/silver/bronze.
One more thing: do you run only 3 gold cards there? You have only 3 right now.

Alts-Gamer;n8749700 said:
Pretty solid deck. I am not sure about king of beggards though... NF has sooo many awesome silver cards that I doubt he is the best choice.

Also, your grouping is strange. You mix all types of cards together. I'd suggest to single out types in a traditional way: gold/silver/bronze.
One more thing: do you run only 3 gold cards there? You have only 3 right now.

KoB is something i will change actually. I just want to playtest a lot to have a clear conclusion on him and you are right. atm. after many games he hasn't prove to be a solid card on this archetype at least.

The GwentDB link i gave is complete with 4 Golds. I forgot Cahir, edited.

PinkFloyd76;n8750040 said:
KoB is something i will change actually.
Thanks! Looks better now. I'd advise you to try Peter Saar Whatever instead. He makes my day soo often that I just love him. Vanhemar is also very good choice.

Alts-Gamer;n8750260 said:
Thanks! Looks better now. I'd advise you to try Peter Saar Whatever instead. He makes my day soo often that I just love him. Vanhemar is also very good choice.

Ok, i had some cards missing, fixed it. atm. i am thinking about Fringila and Ocvist and i will prolly try them both. Ocvist seems a better adition because in many occasions i have even won game with 1-3 card disadvantage. Considering Tibor and Vilgefortz (if used offensively) can bring ou back in cards.

Thanks for the advise!

[Now that i think of it, even Decoy fits pretty well here, hmm..]

Last edited:
PinkFloyd76;n8754130 said:
i am thinking about Fringila and Ocvist and i will prolly try them both.
I tried using ocvist but it triggers only 1 out of 10 games. always blocked/destroyed. I gave up it because it never played in my hand. Fringilia is not bad if played correctly. There is also a strange combo of Fringilia and Ceallah when you place your spy next to the strongest enemy unit, then boost this unit with Fringilia and then return it with Ceallah. However, I have not checked this myself yet. Though sounds fun.

Id dump the king of beggers and cantarella unless you have several different ways to destory after so not worth the clean up most of the time.

Also golems are a cool effect but its more junk in deck you have to work around i prefer my decks thin as possible.

Id personally like having at least 1 weather effect in a deck. Frost is a good choice cause then you can use revived wild hunt hounds against monster decks.

Top Bottom