Letho appretiation thread

+
Letho appretiation thread

Started running this guy yesterday and kept getting my butt kicked. Took a while for me to figure out how the deck works and getting used to it. Man, it's a ragequit card. Autopilot Skellige decks and even braindead ST spell decks that run nothing but weather, ragequit so fast, it's not even funny. Either get teir bears/axemen or protect your own units, it's a good card.

It can get a bit hit or miss, depending if you draw it or not. Lost a game against a rank 17 player (still at rank 9), by 1 point because I couldn't draw into him to get his 2 bears and morkvarg in round 2, but it was close. Still got a good use out of that d-bomb.

But seriously, try running him and see how he works in your deck. I also forgot how a dimeritium bomb can be useful. Used to be my go-to card in CB.

Letho's very situational. I've been losing a lot after I added him to my NG deck together with Renew and Eggebracht. Once he saved me from weather, but does not help from monster consume decks who put breeding cards in different rows.

EDIT: Thought I was replying to another thread but most of the post still fits here. :)

I felt quite the opposite. Started doing better with Letho, as most people don't expect him. You can use him defensively too. Made a ST spelldecker ragequit when I stacked a row and Letho'd it to save the strength from weather spam.

But he is very situational. You either draw him or the bomb. So it can be a hit or miss but I like how I can use him defensively too. Keep in ind that I'm rank 9. I don't wanna mill a faction each time something OP comes along. I'll keep playing it and see how it goes

I think Letho *used to* be too situational to really be effective. Since the patch though, I think he's become pretty good. Now, even in the absolute worst case scenario, he's still a simple 7 strength gold. That's obviously extremely low for a gold but it means at least you can always count on getting *some* value for him and never worry about him turning into a dead draw. And of course, that also means when you do use him to protect other units he actually generates tempo at the same time. He might actually be best anti-weather play in the game right now because of this. That makes him great against a ton of Monsters decks at least as long as the run weather, as well as the extremely present Axemen decks which also abuse weather. Plus, he's also quite nice against spell ST and other spell heavy decks, and anything playing Villentretenmerth for round 3 control, and the remnants of Calveit tempo that likes to spam Rot Tosser.

Granted, his other ability is more hit and miss. There are some cards that seem like obvious targets (Savage Bears, Siege Support, etc.) that I'm not convinced you aren't better off just running simple bronze or silver control/removal against. I mean sure, banishing is great, but it's not worth a gold to deny them one bear or Siege Support. But that said, man, there are some cards that he is just an amazing play against. Dropping him on QG is an auto-win. It's basically an auto win against Morkvarg/Olgierd strengthening. It guts any NR deck that counts on using Nenneke to recycle their big Witcher/Reaver Hunters play for round 3. Anything that can permanently take away a certain deck's win condition is amazingly powerful. All things considered, that's a pretty wide range of decks he can be effective against. Honestly, I'm not sure if I can think of much that I haven't mentioned that's viable. Mulligan ST or reveal NG I guess?

So yeah, I'm gonna definitely keep running him.

Last edited:
I switch my Big, Bad, Beautiful Tiborg for him in my deck few days ago.

Big, Bad, Beautiful Tiborg is retired since. :(

The D-Bomb combo is tremendous and if you have Impera Brigades, sometimes these 2 (or more) points boost are winning the game too (I often forget that he boosts them, so, another nice bonus there too).

Last edited:
What I found is that most people don't expect him, yet. So they have this "what now" pause after you play it. You just have to draw people into playing a few cards to drop the Letho bomb.

Is letho broken or is there some magical rules i dont know about?

Cause sometimes he will go spy in all section other times hes locked for melee slot only and it drives me crazy i dont see this rule. I know he cant asborb golds but they were silvers i couldnt reach for unknown reason??? This is making me rage quit when the same card acts different for no reason.

Love the card too. Crafted it and its my new favorite card. Its not the easiest card to use, but I like the versatility of it. Great card, please don't change it!

Top Bottom