Adrenaline rush + promote at the end of the round?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrenaline rush + promote at the end of the round?

Question for you guys: I was using adrenaline rush + promote but at the end of the round, my promoted cards lost their promotion and became back bronze units, do you think it's normal?

Ulk007;n8069690 said:
Thank you for your reply. Do we know why? Or is it maybe because it would be too easy to have buffed golden cards kept for next round...

Made own thread for this, since this isn't a valid and actual strategy at the moment :)

Cards have been changed so many times during beta, that I can't remember specific reasons. Promote and self promoting cards have also changed. But having buffed gold card "adrenalized" sounds a bit too strong to my ear.

Ulk007;n8069690 said:
Thank you for your reply. Do we know why? Or is it maybe because it would be too easy to have buffed golden cards kept for next round...

Promote:

Convert all instances of a non-Gold unit on your side of the battlefield to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends.

and yes.. basically the reason you gave. It was a fairly common tactic early on in the beta to buff, buff, buff a unit, then AR it, and then promote. So you could not only win round 1, but make it a very difficult job (if not impossible) for your opponent to win round 2.
That was when promote set the current strength of the card to base, and promotion was permanent.

Sunsibar;n8070100 said:
Made own thread for this, since this isn't a valid and actual strategy at the moment :)

Cards have been changed so many times during beta, that I can't remember specific reasons. Promote and self promoting cards have also changed. But having buffed gold card "adrenalized" sounds a bit too strong to my ear.

Lim3zer0;n8070210 said:
and yes.. basically the reason you gave. It was a fairly common tactic early on in the beta to buff, buff, buff a unit, then AR it, and then promote. So you could not only win round 1, but make it a very difficult job (if not impossible) for your opponent to win round 2.
That was when promote set the current strength of the card to base, and promotion was permanent.

Thank you both guys for your input.

I'm still trying to tweak my golden NR deck (as a F2P player) but I find it very weak against most other factions. I'm starting to loose hope in that deck but I'm too lazy to try playing another faction konwing that the beta is gonna close soon (from what I've understood) ^^

Aaah, Reaver Hunters + buffs + AR + Foltest + Promote. You could have 100+ strength at the start of the second round. Good old days.

Thanks God those days are ended. I am very sad for the poor miserable men that abused that technique. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Wait what??!! Why did they quit that??!! oh right, but Nilfgard faction now is quiet balanced with the spy cards, the medics, the cows, etc...... e.e, now play with Northem Realms against Nilfgard Faction in Ranked Match is really unfair the most of times, and a achievent if you win, most of the times by luck......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom