Machine Deck tips?

+
Machine Deck tips?

Hi all,

I played the alpha a while back but much has changed since then, I think for the better. Well done CDPR. I'm enjoying playing a Northern Realm machine deck but find it lacks strength in later rounds and would benefit from being able to draw more cards (obviously). Does anyone have any tips or special cards that they use, and might suggest?

Thanks,
SkilsToPayBils

Here's a tip: Don't bother.

Here's the thing with both Machines and Armor decks, all the bronze units in these archetypes give you less than bronze value, and you need at least one, sometimes two other cards to bring it up to normal bronze value. You don't have the luxury of being a Dwarf deck where literally every unit in your deck is a dwarf, so long as you have at least one dwarf on the deck all your other dwarf cards are going to get extra value. Both Machines and Armor just have a twisted web they have to weave where card A has to come out first, then card B, then you can play card C, but if A gets killed B and C lose too much value, or B is killed and C loses value.

I don't think any NR siege deck is viable at the moment.

In fact, the only two NR decks that are playable atm are Henselt + Reaver Hunters and Foltest + Kaedweni Sergeant + Blue Stripes Commandos. I got the latter one to ~1900 MMR (with around 65% winrate) and encountered other NR decks 4-5 times in 70+ games!

However, I feel like ~2000 MMR is the limit for these decks.

Blue stripes and Sergeants are easily countered by igni/scorch, and Henselt loses round 3 if he is forced to play Hunters in round 2 (which players at that MMR can for sure do).

Looks like Machines are getting a buff soon so they're might be a viable machine deck soon, notable changes include but not limited to, John Natalis is now 8 Str but doesnt weaken himself anymore, Keadweni Seagernt and Blue stripes scout both have crewman +1 now I think, Reinforced Balista is now a 6 str up from 4, Reinforced Treb is now 6 up from 5... Not sure if I got the names correct for the machines but those changes have been put forward, So Natalis is now a solid drop, more crewman refresh means you can trigger machines more effectively, Bloody Baron is also now 6str so he might be viable, who knows.. only time will tell, still.. some decent changes for NR.

Kaedweni Sergeants being crewmen make no sense because they don't have a place in Machine decks. Likewise putting it on the Scouts is stupid because Scouts are something you play reactively, not proactively.

None of these changes are particularly significant. Most other factions got base strength buffs on a lot of their units meaning they'll be harder to kill and Baron won't benefit as much.

Yea, Henselt Siege Decks RIP... They completely killed them, and NR in general... but supposedly it was a 'buff''... this just in from the ministry of truth. :\

I keep seeing Siege Decks popping up online and on YouTube and decided to try it out.

How the HELL do I keep my damned Siege Supports alive to even make use of them??? They either get locked or shocked out...everyone seems to be ready for them now....

Even without siege support you still have crewman ability to keep shooting twice, plus Witcher combo that you can use with dandelion and roach and reuse with shani. I lost to machine decks many times.

Top Bottom