Scoia'tael Deck Strategies

+
No Title

Rawls;n7985140 said:
Been experimenting more with my neophyte control based on the prior discussions here. Here is what I'm rotating through

I always have these:

Eithne
Schirru; Iorveth; Isengrim; Saskia
Aeromancy; Cirian; Toruivel; Yaevinn
Eleven Merc x 3; First Light x 3; Azur's Thunder x 3; BMC x 2; V Dragoon x 2; V Vanguard x 2

With the last two silver slots I've been rotating between:

Ele'yas; The Last Wish; Iris; Nature's Gift

It's a fun deck (discussed more thoroughly a page or two back). I think my favorite way currently is Ele'yas & Nature's Gift. When it works, Iris is the best of the bunch, but to maximize her ability requires having her, Isengrim and Saskia all in one round ... which is uncommon.

even our moderator persuading that Scoia'tael is not underated fraction lets play that fraction.
but they are really are underated. sorry to say >.<
even their blue commando ability get bug.
its ability say like in picture.
Blue Commando ability must not reset STR but it reset card STR, how sad. and noone even care with them. who will be next Iorveth? >_<

please give them place to live. they were burned alive in novigard and they dont have place to live here.
Truely they have sadlife but Iorveth way is a bit to extrem to follow @@

Attachments

• photo121470.jpg
    photo121470.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 40
Anen;n8159400 said:
even our moderator persuading that Scoia'tael is not underated fraction lets play that fraction.
but they are really are underated. sorry to say >.<
even their blue commando ability get bug.
its ability say like in picture.
Blue Commando ability must not reset STR but it reset card STR, how sad. and noone even care with them. who will be next Iorveth? >_<

please give them place to live. they were burned alive in novigard and they dont have place to live here.
Truely they have sadlife but Iorveth way is a bit to extrem to follow @@

It's not a bug, any card which gets returned to the hand (by Milva), or replayed (by Blue Mountain Commando, Eithne, Decoy) gets its' strength reset.

KasumiGoto;n8160140 said:
It's not a bug, any card which gets returned to the hand (by Milva), or replayed (by Blue Mountain Commando, Eithne, Decoy) gets its' strength reset.

Why they got their STR reset?
There must be a description on it

Anen;n8160600 said:
Why they got their STR reset?
There must be a description on it

Because they have left the field. Just the same as any card going to the graveyard has it's strength reduced to base, any card returned to the hand is returned to base. Obviously if the card was buffed, this is a negative play, but if the card was weakened, it is a positive play. As far as I know, it is the same across all card games

Anen;n8159400 said:
even our moderator persuading that Scoia'tael is not underated fraction lets play that fraction. but they are really are underated. sorry to say >.< even their blue commando ability get bug. its ability say like in picture. Blue Commando ability must not reset STR but it reset card STR, how sad. and noone even care with them. who will be next Iorveth? >_< please give them place to live. they were burned alive in novigard and they dont have place to live here. Truely they have sadlife but Iorveth way is a bit to extrem to follow @@
My build does not rely on buffing units at all. There is no downside to using BMCs as far as the replayed cards' point value is concerned 99% of the time.

Hedlesss;n8160810 said:
Because they have left the field. Just the same as any card going to the graveyard has it's strength reduced to base, any card returned to the hand is returned to base. Obviously if the card was buffed, this is a negative play, but if the card was weakened, it is a positive play. As far as I know, it is the same across all card games

on yugi-oh there is a card that have same ability doesn't reset cards attack and defend. if you remember or if you was born at that time XD

Anen;n8168580 said:
on yugi-oh there is a card that have same ability doesn't reset cards attack and defend. if you remember or if you was born at that time XD

I admit to growing up with Yugioh, in fact it was my major card game until the it's latest update which really pushed me away. I'm not 100% which card you're referencing. I know Mist Valley for example which were focused early on returning cards to the hand reset the value or attack and defense

Dwarves is the best Scoia deck at the moment. Kicking Henselt in the belly, destroying Nilfgaard and Scoia Ambush, going equal with Consume.
Have been playing this for a few weeks. Just trust me on this one.

HenryGrosmont;n8376470 said:
Dwarves is the best Scoia deck at the moment.
Destroying Scoia Ambush

What are you doing against Hoog into DBomb into Aglais into Natures Gift? Your carryover is 5 str

How it is going?
I left the game for a while, and came back with the open beta...
No neos anymore, my heart is broken.
What are you playing nowadays, guys?

Late reply but: I play all sort of ST decks.

Special card based archtype (its pretty fun)
Mulligan archtype (wish it had silvers synergizing with it better)
Movement archtype
And a few decks of mix and mash,

I haven't tried dwarfs yet though. They don't seem that fun. But i'll probably get to it eventually :)

Noela;n8599610 said:
How it is going? I left the game for a while, and came back with the open beta... No neos anymore, my heart is broken. What are you playing nowadays, guys?

This is my current one:

Eithne
Yen: The Conjurer; Geralt: Igni; Villentretenmerth; Aglais
Cleaver; Scorch; Ida Emean; The Last Wish; Toruviel; Yaevinn
First Light x 3; DB Archer x 3; Hawker Smuggler x 2; Hawker Support x 2; Azur's Thunder x 2; D Shackles x 1; DB Protector x 1; DB Trapper x 1

It's still kind of mess just based on the cards I have thus far. Hawker Support + Toruviel works like Dragoons and Toruviel did in last metta. Ida Emean is very versatile. The Last Wish is a much better card now because you get to pick 1 of 2 cards and play it at no cost. Aglais and Gigni will be the two golds I most likely replace at some point. I'm not a huge fan of most of the ST golds. Having locking options is very good in the current game. I'm 11-2 with this deck in casual currently (granted I'm still low level). There have been a few changes along the way has I've gotten more cards but it's basically stayed the same thus far.

EDIT: I've focused my scrap for golds on neutrals so far for crafting just to give me versatility. That + my earlier stated issues with ST golds is why I have so many neutrals there currently.

Last edited:
I'm playing this

Leader: Francesca
Golds: Saesenthessis, Saskia, Triss Merigold, Zoltan: animal tamer
Silver: Dudu, 3 witchers, Cleaver, Decoy
Bronze: Vri vanguard x3, Elven Wardance x3, Vri officer x3, DB Trapper x1, Stammelford Tremors x2, Bloodcurdling roar x2

Still lacking some gold cards, but I agrre with Rawls and zhiphius , silver/gold ST are very lacking. Not enough sinergies with some of the archetypes and not very interesting.
Having some success (at level 6 and casual), and it is very fun to use animal tamer, decoy the parrot, and then eat it with a bloodcurdling roar. I'm a terrible, terrible person.

Scoia'tael Control seems very strong once you get the right cards for it. I've adapted my deck to this:
Eithne.png.jpg
Eithne
Yen: The Conjurer; Ragh Nar Roog; Villentretenmerth; Schirru
Ocvist; Scorch; Ida Emean; The Last Wish; Toruviel; Yaevinn
First Light x 3; Azur's Thunder x 3; DB Protector x 3; DB Archer x 2; Hawker Support x 2; D Shackles x 1; DB Trapper x 1

Considering crafting Nature's Gift or the White Frost next. Probably to replace Ocvist which only works out 50% of the time anyways and then maybe Ida Emean. Results have been pretty solid thus far.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here. Can't post a new topic since I have less than 10 posts, so I'll post my queries here and hope someone answers.

1. So I have Yaevinn, what sort of synergy does he have with other cards? Does he work well with a special Scoiatael deck?
2. I have 200 scrap so I can create a new epic card, what suggestions do you have? I already have nature's gift, I was thinking of Braenn or Ida Emean.

Last edited:
Valkyrax;n8713680 said:
1. So I have Yaevinn, what sort of synergy does he have with other cards? Does he work well with a special Scoiatael deck? 2. I have 200 scrap so I can create a new epic card, what suggestions do you have? I already have nature's gift, I was thinking of Braenn or Ida Emean.
Yaevinn is a card advantage card. I normally play him in a round I plan to lose (if my strategy is going to plan it's round 2). I would recommend Toruviel, Ida Emean or white frost. I would not go with Braenn. She's sometimes good in compilation with hawker support or dragoons, but most of the time when I played here she was a flat 10 value play ... which I find to be somewhat underwhelming.

Valkyrax

Basically, what Rawls have said.
For a special deck, I would go for Ida, as she is a very versatile card. Definitely NOT Braenn. She and Aelirenn are probably the worst ST silver cards and believe, I soooo tried to play with those two cards...

Rawls Brokilon "Defenders", seriously..."defenders"... they are more like the seven plagues :)

Hello everyone. I've been playing Gwent sinc Open Beta.

I've been running a ST exclusively and did pretty good in the beginning. Probably won half my matches. Then I started getting cards where the point is to move them after deployment so kinda took and ran with that strategy and crafted cards to make an agile elf boosting/damage deck. My current deck is this one http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/19740-eihtnes-deck-4 (Don't mind where the cards are put in that deck)

Problem is, I lose a lot more now than I did before. At first I was 8-11 in the rankings, then 31-36 one or two days ago and now 37-51. So I'm getting a bit fed up with the game. I don't mind losing, but I want to win at least half the time!

I assume it's a very fragile and predictable deck. If possible my opening strategy is to start with Malena, then Blue Mountain Commander on a different row, than Dol Blathana Marksman which will bring in Aelirenn. Then I try to pile up as many as I can on the same row depending on what cards I have and how the round progresses and end with Sheldon Skaggs. In a perfect scenerio of course.

Any ideas how to improve is? Alternatively change into a different kind? I haven't recieved many other good cards for this faction or others I think. I made a ST mulligan and NR boosting deck but they are nowehere near their potential.

Of other ST cards I have, x3 Elven wardancer, x3 Hawker Healer, one Hawker smuggler, x2 DB Protector, x2 Vrihedd officer, x3 D Skirmisher, x3 Defender, x2 guard, one Sapper, one neophyte, dudu, and elss, and Moreen and Cleaver. That's pretty much it.

I also have 770 gems to craft. Spent 600 to make 3 cards earlier, Ciaran, Aelirenn and Sheldon Skagges, maybe one more.

Last edited:
Tales;n8718510 said:
I also have 770 gems to craft. Spent 600 to make 3 cards earlier, Ciaran, Aelirenn and Sheldon Skagges, maybe one more.
I would wait till you get to 800 scraps and craft a legendary gold like Yen the Conjurer or Ragh Nar Roog. How frequently do you redraw Ciri: Dash? If you can't consistently, definitely replace her. If you are pulling her twice consistently, then replace Geralt instead.

I would drop your trapper and one DB archer to get you down to 25. What other silvers do you have? I would drop Braenn and Aelirenn when you get some more (Toruviel, Yaevinn, white frost).

Last edited:
Top Bottom