Francesca vs Brouver Hoog + The Last Wish

+
Francesca vs Brouver Hoog + The Last Wish

Yes, it's time for another versus thread. Throughout the beta I have rarely seen anyone using The Last Wish. Some SK decks (including mine) were using it with Ciri: Dash. But other than that, almost no one used it. This makes me wonder why? Let's check out a possible scenario for The Last Wish.

Francesca (Fran): Redraw up to 3 cards.
Brouver Hoog: Play a Silver card from your deck.
The Last Wish (TLW): Draw 2 cards. Discard 2 cards.

Using Brouver with TLW is like a hybrid Fran, but with the upside that TLW discards the cards rather than putting them back into the deck. This has the advantage of deck thinning (including TLW itself) and not having the risk of pulling out the same cards again with Fran when she is not using in the final round. Incidentally, it also works for discarding Roach after using Milva on the first turn. Another advantage of using Brouver is having access to all silver cards when you do have TLW in hand. All this creates less RNG.

The downside of Brouver + TLW is when you are using Mercs, there is a risk of pulling TLW when you don't want to. And another small downside is that TLW can only pull 2 cards instead of the 3 cards Fran does.

In conclusion: Brouver Hoog + The Last Wish could make a very interesting alternative for Francesca.

Feel free to tell me im wrong but do people really use Fran much anyway?

To me, when i look at which leader i'm gonna use i always feel like im going to get more value from Brouver or Eithine, i just feel like redrawing doesn't synergize with ST too much. I'm drawing cards from first light, king of beggars, brouver, mercs anyway, and even for people not running KoB i wonder if 3 redraws is really worth not being able to replay Aglais or gurantee the silver card you couldn't mulligan for

Brouver and TLW could be interesting but mostly i use Brouver for a last turn eleyas or if i don't draw toruviel.

Last edited:
Mehariel;n8229610 said:
Feel free to tell me im wrong but do people really use Fran much anyway?

Fran is used to remove "useless" cards, like Ciaran and Ciri when they've served their purpose. Also, with ambush decks, getting unwanted cards in certain situations, you can use Fran to get something better. For example, you might be holding a D-shackles without a viable target.

4RM3D;n8229730 said:
Fran is used to remove "useless" cards, like Ciaran and Ciri when they've served their purpose. Also, with ambush decks, getting unwanted cards in certain situations, you can use Fran to get something better. For example, you might be holding a D-shackles without a viable target.

That's a really good point

I'm actually running an ambush deck post patch now too, i mistakenly milled fran a while ago but she's now the last ST premium card i need so i will save up some scrap and try her. Or get TLW and use it with Brouver. I'm using Brouver atm and i never even thought of Fran honestly

I spend a lot of time wishing i'd drawn toruviel or schirru round 1 so.

If youre running an ambush deck yourself and have some more tips i'd love to hear them. ^_^

Last edited:
Mehariel;n8229860 said:
If youre running an ambush deck yourself and have some more tips i'd love to hear them. ^_^

I am still experimenting with an ambush deck myself. Not sure which cards I'm going to pick. At least Ciaran, Ciri and Yaevinn for max CA. Also Schirru, Aglais, Toruviel, Roach and Scorch. The Last Wish for deck thinning and removing useless card. Still thinking about whether or not to keep Milva. She has been pretty useful most of the cases.

Overall, I win most of the matches. But sometimes, it does requires a bit too much luck.

Interesting combo, might give it a try with Fran, since she used to be the leader card i used the most.

Right now i'm using brouver because neophyte's sinergy with Ele'yas isis and Yaevin its like a must have, at each point of any game you need to have one of these cards in hand to make it work greatly with neophyte's spawns.

If you have isis, you will need Saskia or yaevin, in hand, and if you have saskia already, you can brouver ele'yas later on instead of yaevin to kill isis.

might give it a try the fran tlw combo, but will need to figure it out a good deck sinergy, maybe an ambush one to piss ppl off.

eddywang;n8275090 said:
Interesting combo, might give it a try with Fran, since she used to be the leader card i used the most.

Right now i'm using brouver because neophyte's sinergy with Ele'yas isis and Yaevin its like a must have, at each point of any game you need to have one of these cards in hand to make it work greatly with neophyte's spawns.

If you have isis, you will need Saskia or yaevin, in hand, and if you have saskia already, you can brouver ele'yas later on instead of yaevin to kill isis.

might give it a try the fran tlw combo, but will need to figure it out a good deck sinergy, maybe an ambush one to piss ppl off.

Isis :wisegirl:

Top Bottom