Replacing Garbage Emean for a good card (plz advise)

+

I'm currently running this deck:

http://gwentify.com/decks/open-beta-dwarf-resilience/

I have to say, Ida Emean's Quen seems REALLY useless. Does anyone else think it should target the same card in hand+deck? Having it only buff copies of the card in hand makes it nearly useless; and the card is already weak for a silver.

I stopped using her a long time ago. A 4 power CS is meh... Quen usually is too. Fog is alright but I don't think it's great in Dwarves. Rather have another silver.

Ahh, you're right, it does strengthen copies in the deck. Still a crappy card though, especially with all the 1-pingers in NR/SK meta right now.

The quen on ida should be replaced for an offensive spell. Probably for arachas venom or immune boost. I dont know why they didnt changed it yet, its already pointed out by players since day one of OB. The +1 on the base power dont compensate for, basically, having one less spell than all the other faction specific mages.

Laveley;n8987850 said:
The quen on ida should be replaced for an offensive spell. Probably for arachas venom or immune boost. I dont know why they didnt changed it yet, its already pointed out by players since day one of OB. The +1 on the base power dont compensate for, basically, having one less spell than all the other faction specific mages.

+1 -- hope dev's see this

Why so ST get the worst mage out of all the factions?

Now that weather is not so prevalent, she basically serves little-to-no purpose. Shame she doesn't get a refund.

I am currently running this deck:

http://gwentify.com/decks/open-beta-dwarf-resilience/

Any advice on what to trade the absolute garbage trash Ida Emean out for?

any advice appreciated, thanks all!

Fog is not trash at all. It's a good effect to line up strengths for igni. Quen is no trash either, especially if you are boosting Protectors or Vanguards.

Why not putting a locker silver? Either the neutral dwarf since you can boot him orthe elf if you want to be able to move a unit, which can often be useful?
I disagree with the fact she's crap. She's good with BMC for instance, as Quen on them is nice. Also, you shouldn't underestimate weather. Although in your deck, the dwarven mercs can take care of most of it by moving units to the same (spam) or another (single weather) row as needed.

Nyanko73;n9099660 said:
Fog is not trash at all. It's a good effect to line up strengths for igni. Quen is no trash either, especially if you are boosting Protectors or Vanguards.

Ida Eman is ST only, not neutral.

Mystikast;n9102180 said:
Ida Eman is ST only, not neutral.

Dol Blathana Protectors and Vrihedd Vanguards are ST only, so Nyanko73's comment was valid. There are other cards than dwarves in ST, and some of them fit well with Quen.

I too think that Ida Emean actually got better through the weather changes, but to answer the original question: I'd recommend either Sheldon Skaggs, or Olgierd (not exactly sold on that, but the Deck Author also suggests Olgierd as a possible Silver Replacement, so I had to mention it).

It's a weak faction, unit-wise. No 10 power cards or resurrect cards like the others, which is....because....erm? Over to you CDPR who clearly don't like this faction, right?

I'd say either Olgierd, Cleaver, Ciaran or Marching Orders. Just be mindful ADC will pull Ciaran and Olgierd over Yarpen. Marching Orders would pretty much always pull Barclay in that deck. Skeldon could be viable too. The concern with him is he adds even more RNG to ADC and can make buffing your resilient units cumbersome.

Personally, I don't feel that build is anywhere near current enough.

Play more games, keep track of the decks you see at your MMR, adjust your deck to deal with them and, if possible, try to find a concept that breaks the game/current meta and build toward it. That last bit is a shout out to OB. Ignore it :).

Top Bottom