Skellige Deck Strategies

+
TH3WITCH3R;n7787250 said:
Yehh cdpr gives graveyard steal / banish to other factions & then they nerf skellige resurrection too :/

And you move to NG and NR, then abandon SK... :rolleyes:

DEERCG;n7787430 said:
And you move to NG and NR, then abandon SK... :rolleyes:

hahaha nahh man I am still not sure.. I think I will finalized after open beta starts :)

Yehh but if sk goes like this then I think not only me but many others going to abandon it soon or later :/

TH3WITCH3R;n7787240 said:
Sorry but I only saw NR Radovid control & monster breed/consume/weather on high ranks.

Then we have a different experience. And that really isn't the point I was making ;)

HenryGrosmont;n7801840 said:
Then we have a different experience. And that really isn't the point I was making ;)

I'm in the same boat than TH3WITCH3R , Axemen is a solid deck but it get destroyed by Radovid Control and struggle with Dagon Consume Monster. Those decks are currently the top of the meta, with Brouver Dwarf and NG Cahir Dream's Team.

Skellige is the weakest faction currently.

nestalim;n7801980 said:
I'm in the same boat than TH3WITCH3R , Axemen is a solid deck but it get destroyed by Radovid Control and struggle with Dagon Consume Monster. Those decks are currently the top of the meta, with Brouver Dwarf and NG Cahir Dream's Team.

Skellige is the weakest faction currently.
Oh, I completely agree that Radovid destroys it. And that him and Monster consume (to a lesser extend) are prevalent in high rank playing. But Axeman is the most popular overall.

HenryGrosmont;n7802080 said:
Oh, I completely agree that Radovid destroys it. And that him and Monster consume (to a lesser extend) are prevalent in high rank playing. But Axeman is the most popular overall.

I didn't have this feeling, I didn't face the deck that much, Punisher Radovid is the deck I'm encountering the most.

It is sad we does't have any data to rely on :/.

nestalim;n7802670 said:
I didn't have this feeling, I didn't face the deck that much, Punisher Radovid is the deck I'm encountering the most.

It is sad we does't have any data to rely on :/.
I think it's my fault, I didn't express myself correctly: I meant that the Axeman is an overall favorite and it's even played enough above ranked 10 to make this assumption. That includes Casual as well. My bad...

Cheers

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R;n7787250 said:
Yehh cdpr gives graveyard steal / banish to other factions & then they nerf skellige resurrection too :/

ya then they have the balls to have monsters spawn units that spawn auto weather and have solo weather and breed a million monster absorbing bastards, I'm starting to think the top boss in the company told them they better make monsters the strongest threat or they lose their job, and to think I hear people saying they needed monsters already lol.

roundert;n7848610 said:
ya then they have the balls to have monsters spawn units that spawn auto weather and have solo weather and breed a million monster absorbing bastards, I'm starting to think the top boss in the company told them they better make monsters the strongest threat or they lose their job, and to think I hear people saying they needed monsters already lol.

yehh that monster passive is so strong if use properly & with buffed nekkers :/ easy card advantage

Can someone confirm if Sigrdrifa can no longer resurrect the Priestesses of Freya anymore?

Did this change sneak into the patch? I used her just recently in a match with 3 Priestesses in the graveyard and they weren't visible in the selection screen for revival.

Sailears;n7853450 said:
Can someone confirm if Sigrdrifa can no longer resurrect the Priestesses of Freya anymore?

Did this change sneak into the patch? I used her just recently in a match with 3 Priestesses in the graveyard and they weren't visible in the selection screen for revival.

Yes.. she is not resurrecting parmadeath units anymore.

so I just went through all the pages and didn't see anyone considering what I just started running. instead of using cerys and queensguard or axemen or those terrible longships, use the discard tactic with the discard leader. put in one of the silver trolls and have three pirates in there with two shieldsmiths and a weaponsmith for weather. put the pirate out first to thin the deck after you thinned with the leader. if you didn't draw the troll use the leader on him so you can res him if needed. also put two of the guys that gain three str when resurrected. this way instead of depending on buffing cerys, you buff the guys that gain three str, discard two of them and a troll or the guy that comes back every round. drop the pirate in the first and continue discarding to get them to use up their strong cards or hopefully bait a removal card. you should be using the axe guys not the axemen the other ones play when discarded. this way you thin the deck and res or buff the three str per res guys and you have a troll to drop on round two. if they don't have removal for him, hopefully you baited some in round one, then you have no more units to go on the second row so play the troll, put out a shield smith to buff him a little, then res your plus three per res guys. don't buff only one too high in case they get stolen. always try to res one of them on the first turn so they cant steal them, even if they do they should only get one of them. by the time youre done you have possibly a ridiculously high level troll, or you have two of the other guys at above twelve easy, add to that youre madman lugos or other high str gold card for round three and its doing pretty well for me, especially after adding coral who I just finally crafted. the troll and three str after res guys far outscore queensguard, sometimes the troll gets mid twenties in round three. so that's at least around fifteen from the troll and that's low, plus one or two of the other guys at twelve easy, plus the madman or just plain Gerald. the score is good and if you discard the right way you pressure them on score the whole time and they use up their cards in the first and second rounds. give it a try you might like it. if they hit the troll and take him out early either res him or just move buff efforts to the other two and hit with golds at the end.

So, can anyone tell me why they rebalanced King Bran? as far as my experience with the game has gone, I've gotten almost to level 30 maining Skelige, and it seems, to me at least, like it's the underdog deck, which I like, winning against the more powerful decks takes skill and strategy and feels like beating a Dark Souls boss, but King Bran's leader ability was a mainstay of my playstyle and to my mind nerfing what I see as an underpowered deck is kinda unfair, because, as far as I can tell, the monster deck still has cards immune to weather effects and a whole host of abilities that give them a major advantage, and the Northern Realms still has that annoying little strategy of using Foltest to duplicate a powerful card with adrenaline rush attached, then use promote to ensure an almost guaranteed win if you don't have either a Scorch card or the strategy I use, of playing Coral to blanket weather then playing Geralt: Aard to insta kill either of the front 2 rows.

Donovaneagle;n7885040 said:
So, can anyone tell me why they rebalanced King Bran? as far as my experience with the game has gone, I've gotten almost to level 30 maining Skelige, and it seems, to me at least, like it's the underdog deck, which I like, winning against the more powerful decks takes skill and strategy and feels like beating a Dark Souls boss, but King Bran's leader ability was a mainstay of my playstyle and to my mind nerfing what I see as an underpowered deck is kinda unfair, because, as far as I can tell, the monster deck still has cards immune to weather effects and a whole host of abilities that give them a major advantage, and the Northern Realms still has that annoying little strategy of using Foltest to duplicate a powerful card with adrenaline rush attached, then use promote to ensure an almost guaranteed win if you don't have either a Scorch card or the strategy I use, of playing Coral to blanket weather then playing Geralt: Aard to insta kill either of the front 2 rows.

Skellige has one of the strongest archetypes now.. http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11969-4...ridash-discard

Guest 4041400

KasumiGoto;n7887220 said:
Skellige has one of the strongest archetypes now.. http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11969-4...ridash-discard

SKELIGE is overpowered... I tried different combinations with scoiatel, and to one 20th level it was TWO WINS vs ONE LOST in my statistics. But then I run to like 10 PURPLES with this package and its the same awkward strategy always... Even if I am ready for it and first round I will pass early enough and still win, the third round comes CIRI with 18 points and because of the cards opponent has more cards than me.

There should be limit for ressurecting cards with ressurecting power. For example Scoiatel cant use Resilient elfs4 again with special cards and it is a big disadvantage. + Morkwarg is stronger as a silver card than gold vampire (its 6 and 10 points), but Morkwarg is immortal and can generate about 20..

Hey,
I have a question concerning the clan drummond shieldmaiden(s). The cards are referred as bronze cards. Having that in mind i though u can have up to 3 copies of each version (so max 9) in your set. Therefore i now got me 2 copies of each version, but im unable to equip them in my card deck. I this a bug or did i just waste 240 scraps for nothing ? :(

Has anyone tried that before? So i dont feel to dumb ;)

i thing you r referring to artworks.. but you can t have more than 3 copies of a single card in your deck, this means that you can have 1 card per artwork or 3 cards of the same artwork, but not 9 cards, because are the same

Yes the shieldmaidens all share the same name but with different artworks. The same goes for Cerys Queensguard tho, they all share the same name (therefore should be the identical case). So the conclusion is all of these cards are limited to 3 in one deck alsong as they share a name, what a shame. Had a sweet deckplan in my mind but well, u cant have it all.
Thanks for the elucidation

Top Bottom