Skellige Deck Strategies

+
I need help against Scoiatel Hawker Healer decks which are walling me. I use this deck here and I have the whole thing except Mrytbrake. Every time the loop starts where they bring the hawker healer back I get destroyed. This deck seems to have no counter to to that loop. I'm considering modifying it since it is a glaring weakness to not have a d-bomb in there. Every single time I play lugos they pick it up and play the spirit whale against me. I'm currently rank 17 and getting my ass kicked. Is there any way to salvage this deck or do I have to start from scratch? http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11901-r...x-men-skellige

Edit
Trying an Olgierd/Morkvarg deck. Working well so far.

Last edited:
joextr;n7915150 said:
SKELIGE is overpowered... I tried different combinations with scoiatel, and to one 20th level it was TWO WINS vs ONE LOST in my statistics. But then I run to like 10 PURPLES with this package and its the same awkward strategy always... Even if I am ready for it and first round I will pass early enough and still win, the third round comes CIRI with 18 points and because of the cards opponent has more cards than me.

There should be limit for ressurecting cards with ressurecting power. For example Scoiatel cant use Resilient elfs4 again with special cards and it is a big disadvantage. + Morkwarg is stronger as a silver card than gold vampire (its 6 and 10 points), but Morkwarg is immortal and can generate about 20..

uhhh, the st units that are resilient retain resilience through every round and you can have multiples, clearly more powerful than morgvard, soooo, youre wrong. don't get me started on how crazy they are when you can buff the crap outta them.

roundert;n8062450 said:
uhhh, the st units that are resilient retain resilience through every round and you can have multiples, clearly more powerful than morgvard, soooo, youre wrong. Don't get me started on how crazy they are when you can buff the crap outta them.

this!!!!!!

KasumiGoto;n7887220 said:
Skellige has one of the strongest archetypes now.. http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11969-4...ridash-discard

the problem with the warships is they get taken off board fast when they see them, many times you will have maybe one out unless the enemy had no removal. you can destroy the first round easy if they let two come out, but that's very rare and you always run into trouble getting two out and getting bran off. That's the deck on the link you provided, and ciri dash really ony gets maybe two uses not reliable enough to base gameplay on, at least that's why I got rid of her.

roundert;n8081760 said:
the problem with the warships is they get taken off board fast when they see them, many times you will have maybe one out unless the enemy had no removal. you can destroy the first round easy if they let two come out, but that's very rare and you always run into trouble getting two out and getting bran off. That's the deck on the link you provided, and ciri dash really ony gets maybe two uses not reliable enough to base gameplay on, at least that's why I got rid of her.

I'm running just one ship and I'm doing fine though.

http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/5...3:1;50143:3:1;

(thinking of replacing Svanrige or Sigrdrifa with Dbomb to counter Scoia)

Last edited:
Hello, could someone give me some advice on a self-wounding deck. Im trying to build it from scratch so not entirely sure what to go with. I know for silvers I want Sigfrida, Blueboy Lugos, Cleaver (for the lock) and Restore but not sure on the other two (Maybe Octvist).

For golds Im not entirely sure but thinking of Birna Bran (she is getting nerved though isn't she), Decoy (for the double blueboy or another use of a resurrect for example) and Ciri (good with Octvist for CA)

In terms of Bronzes Im aware the Axemen are pretty important although Im aware that I shouldn't solely rely on them as they're vulnerable to weather and Dbombs. Im not entirely sure on the savage bears tbh, I know they work well with the axemen but I quite prefer the archers that do 1 damage to 3 units (don't know what they're called).

Is there anyone with a perhaps similar deck to what Ive tried to vaguely explain here (apologies for the blabber).

Edit: Another silver will be DBOMB totally forgot about that

Last edited:
Tetriarch3;n8112450 said:
Hello, could someone give me some advice on a self-wounding deck. Im trying to build it from scratch so not entirely sure what to go with. I know for silvers I want Sigfrida, Blueboy Lugos, Cleaver (for the lock) and Restore but not sure on the other two (Maybe Octvist).

For golds Im not entirely sure but thinking of Birna Bran (she is getting nerved though isn't she), Decoy (for the double blueboy or another use of a resurrect for example) and Ciri (good with Octvist for CA)

In terms of Bronzes Im aware the Axemen are pretty important although Im aware that I shouldn't solely rely on them as they're vulnerable to weather and Dbombs. Im not entirely sure on the savage bears tbh, I know they work well with the axemen but I quite prefer the archers that do 1 damage to 3 units (don't know what they're called).

Is there anyone with a perhaps similar deck to what Ive tried to vaguely explain here (apologies for the blabber).

ive been adding johnny in with ciri, this way when she returns you can make a different gold card of her and you have achieved free card advantage and got an extra gold. included octivist as well for more CA, just don't use lugos against st lol.

Tetriarch3;n8112450 said:

The most important cards to put on an Axeman deck are Axeman/Blueboy Lugos/Yennefer/Birna (even after nerf she is the best for card draw in SK)/Sigrdrifa+Priestesses/Clan Brokvar Archers.
Unlike most decks that run Yennefer this is the one that actually has a sinergy with her (although after the nerf she will probably be too slow to use).

This is the list I run http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/12017-axeman

Cards you can consider replacing could be Coral for Geralt Igni, Savage Bear or Armorsmith for a 3rd First Light if you feel you need more thining tho I prefer to always run 1 Armorsmith because he is better than First Light in a lot of situations.

I wouldn't recomend replacing Hjalmar because not only does he sinergyse greatly with Myrgtabrakke (2 cards for 29 str) but because he also helps with the Axeman since it gives the opponent a target unit to hit with Archers/Whale/Harald so even if you don't get to kill the Lord of Undvik it should still give you some extra strength.

Dbomb I would say it's a must because of all the ST Dorfs and Monster Consume (you can still win without it tho).

Stamelfords Tremors is there just for some Harald The Cripple boosting since after the last patch it became worst since Axeman can't absorb all the damage that you deal to your units anymore.

There are some version that run the Clan Drummond Shieldmaiden package for deck thinning in wich case you probably want 2 bears to make sure you get all maidens out at once.

I hope this helps and just be prepared to think carefully with this deck because it's one of the hardest decks out there to play correctly in each respective match-up. :yes:

Hey Shuls02...I run a similar deck without the archers ....My question is not on that but on Donar and Hindar....What is your thought process with choosing him? is it just Card Advantage? thanks!

XylanderV;n8181930 said:
Hey Shuls02...I run a similar deck without the archers ....My question is not on that but on Donar and Hindar....What is your thought process with choosing him? is it just Card Advantage? thanks!

I usually only play him if my hand is bad or I won round 1 to get some card advantage, just be carefull because he can discard Silvers so I wouldn't recomend playing him round 1.
And if you draw him in round 3 at least he is an extra target to hit with Harald or other such cards.

I haven't tried Ocvist personally but from what I've seen he doesn't always work since your opponent can just thunder him or pass but his ability to deal 1 damage seems nice for this type of deck but on the other hand he does not help thin your deck like Donar does so I don't know, I might try him if I get him in a keg :cheers:

Last edited:
Been in the beta 2 days now - at first tried out ST 'cause I tend to go to dwarves first in most games but I just couldn't get it working for me. Dabbled in monsters and NR with similar poor results. Switched to just the basic Skellige starter deck and won my first 3 games with it. I'm now a Skellige fan.

Its still early days - haven't picked up any new silver or gold cards in the few kegs I've had so far but have picked up a few coppers including the 3rd priestess and my first bear. it's still very mucha deck in progresss but it has seen me to a 10:4 ratio and a couple of those losses were literally last card played losses.

I'm still getting a feel for how it plays but I have become a fairly aggressive passer if they have dropped a couple of big units and I still have some in my hand, especially given they just grow stronger.

Oddly, it seems like 75% of my opponents so far have been monsters. Maybe I've just been lucky because I think I've only lost once to a monster deck.

Bear, bear, bear, self-wounding, warcry ! it's ok :)
Raging berserker is strongest bronze unit of skellige.
come get some weather monsters !

There is no counterplay to the NG Vicovaro Medic as skellige if you even attempt to play weather or some form of even partly ressurect deck. there is just none. I only have queensguard for discard and nothing else. if I play weather he just resurrects my bears and I have no melee strenght. my loserate against NG is 100% only because of this one card. I don't like skellige with tuirsach skirmishers or buffing with cards like warcry since it is inconsistent at best. combinations like cantarella and operator are also broken as fuck. he gets 28 - 36 points with two cards and nothing you can do unless you happen to have scorch in your deck, in your hand and no unit over cantarella value. There is just no counterplay imo or I don't see how at least. If I try weather well fuck me as well most spycards have immunity.

TyrDaishi;n8523100 said:
There is no counterplay to the NG Vicovaro Medic as skellige if you even attempt to play weather or some form of even partly ressurect deck. there is just none. I only have queensguard for discard and nothing else. if I play weather he just resurrects my bears and I have no melee strenght. my loserate against NG is 100% only because of this one card. I don't like skellige with tuirsach skirmishers or buffing with cards like warcry since it is inconsistent at best. combinations like cantarella and operator are also broken as fuck. he gets 28 - 36 points with two cards and nothing you can do unless you happen to have scorch in your deck, in your hand and no unit over cantarella value. There is just no counterplay imo or I don't see how at least. If I try weather well fuck me as well most spycards have immunity.

lolwat only Cantarella's weather immune, all of the other NG spies aren't immune. Folks complaining about Vicovaro but axemen plus spectral whale's fine? Coral weathering just opponent's row? Sure, sure.

spectral whale is in most cases worse and it's a silver card. you add 3 value to your side and there are at least 10 cards in every deck that shut down the whale. that the whale switches lane randomly makes it an mediocre choice at best anyway.

Top Bottom