How can i improve this Skellige's deck?

+
How can i improve this Skellige's deck?

Hi guys, i'm starting again play gwent after 2 months more or less, so i miss some newest updates. I used to play a skellige's deck based on discards and resurrections, but now i think that i must change something.

Here's my deck: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/16026-skellige-discard-resurrect

My strategy is to take time in the first round, discarding all the cards i can discard and preparing the graveyard for the last 2 rounds, so also thanks to skellige's passive ability i can play a lot of stronger cards, using special cards in order to support this strategy.

Any idea about how i can improve this deck after the newest updates? I think that i must change birna bran or ermion, because it's very based on difficult situations using them efficiently.

i'm not an expert on discard but i would replace:
decoy for restore. basically, now that restore is just a 2 str increase, decoying sig is basically just a better restore (3 base instead of 2, and much more flexdible)
i would also replace horn with bon-dur, using him on round 2
i would remove the 2 captains, not too impressed with them, and i would put in ciri and roach
i would replace one of the raiders with a skirmisher just so that you don't end with a dead hand in case you happen to get stuck with freyas in the 1st round

A nice addition to your deck could be Hjalmar an craite (golden card) + Myrgtabrakke (silver card). You can gain 29 points from these 2 cards.
As for Birna, i don't like this card, because it gives many points to the opponent. I have the same opinion for all spying cards, which give many points to the opponent.
As for Ermion, i think he's not the best option for a golden card (you could try yennefer-conjurer), but if you want shuffle your deck, you could have this card.
You could also have blueboy lugos instead of sigrdrifa, unless if you can have them both, because sigrdrifa can resurrect blueboy lugos.​

Hi Mao95!

The first thing you need to do is adding a 4th gold card and a 6th silver card ^^

If you don't have any other gold cards just slap in Geralt and for the silver slot use Champion of Champions if you have it

Now to the actual Deck

You can Discard a total of:

Ermion (2)
Svanrige (1)
Birna (2)
Clan Dimmun Pirate (2)
"First Light (2)
Bran (3)

A total of 12 cards, since you are drawing 13 cards you deck at the end of every discard mechanic will have 0 cards left
Now if your opponent plays ANY single "Both player card-draw effects" you will not be drawing a card (Albrich/Cahir/Avallach etc.)

And you want to discard 6 cards (Raider and Queensgard) while you need to have only ONE Clan Dimmun Pirate in your hand (And preferably only ONE Queensguard)

Also when any of these discard mechanics are at the bottom of your deck (except for First Light) you will not be able to draw every card, wich exponentially decreases the chance of drawing the other discard cards.

Your may realize where im going here, the deck idea is good but there are SO many things that can go wrong and mess up your gameplan that you need a plan B. I also did a similar deck to yours but then had to make the deck a discard / revival / Kambi-Hjalmar hybrid.

Since you did not even include a 4th gold card im assuming that you propably don't have a lot of cards, so the deck im using is too expensive for you.

I would make your deck a Hybrid with Berserkers and Discard (Berserker synergies are cheap)

If you are interested, I can build a cheap Hybrid for you that would be semi-viable.

I'd ditch Scorch and Commanders horn for Madman Lugos and Geralt: igni

the problem with scorch is it becomes a dead card if you have a unit more powerful than theirs, Igni can't backfire and can really have some value.

Madman Lugos will give your discard deck a much harder to remove finish than rely on Warhorn that can be Dbombed or Igni'ed.

Top Bottom