Wound Skellige vs Controll Scoia'tael, Tips ?

+
Wound Skellige vs Controll Scoia'tael, Tips ?

Hey,
I have lately hit rank 15 around 4k elo with my wound skellige deck

Gwent Deckbuilder - Crach an Craite
http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/...:1:1;50143:3:3;50144:2:3;50150:4:1;50206:3:1;

My winrate is more than decent vs literally anything besides Scoia`tael, or more specifically vs their control style. I always end up with no more healers to get my bears/other strong cards back up after they scorched them 3 times. Most of the time they earn a card advantage on me while buffing 1-2 cards. Sometimes they are even able to copy these cards with operator and then destroy my copy of the ambush card. I have tried to find a solution to those decks with weather cards, but since I am almost always 1-2 cards behind in the last round to even get there, i end up not being able to choose the right row, since they can choose on which row they want their ambush. Other special cards also run into the option of being negated by their ambush cards. Am i missing something, or is there really not that much counterplay?
I am planning on implementing king of beggars/ocvist/geralts igni in this deck. But i dont see them helping me vs scoia`tael all that much. Any tips for addition? (ignoring Scrapcosts)

- Crach an Craite's Warcry is even more tricky than Harald's Axemen.
- Having more than one Raging Berserker is Igni bait. But I guess you can still archer snipe one or more of them.
- Djenge is wasting a silver slot.
- Consider Birna Bran instead of Ermion for some card advantage.
- Restore is maybe one resurrect too many, especially for a silver slot. Sigrdrifa with King of Beggers is a nice combo.

I am running an Axemen deck and I have about a 50% win-rate against ST when I at least have half a decent opening's hand. Pushing for a first round win is usually the only way to victory, unless I have a good CA.

Henselt's Gold is like hitting your head against a brick wall though. Seeing Villenmethingy in the 3rd round is rage-inducing. But seeing Shani -> KoB -> Priscilla -> Nenneke -> Siege Tower gives me the urge to:

In response to 4RM3D
1)- I`m not that sure about Warcry, u can use it to 100% with your Leader and if it happen you draw 2/1 after the first round you are able to discard it with ermion in the most cases. The problem against Igni can be reduced by damaging them a bit more, but yeah you are right about the trickiness. Going to consider that. Also Ermion allows u to revive units u discarded with it i case u draw more healers. So i prefer Ermion to be honest.
2)- Djenge is a way for me to get a bear/card that i want in combination with a healer to 100% and also slimming my deck by 1 card. Together with the clan Drummond Shieldmaiden i appreciated it alot. But u might be right here. There is some testing necessary for me.
3)- Restore allows me to give the bears different base strength, which most of the time gives me a value of +4 (2 rounds higher value) and a better igni defence
4)- Against Henselt the weather cards help me ALOT. If he spawns more than 1 unit in the siege row i am always using them to make him use gold/anitweather cards immediately. If he does not react the archers work wonders. Leaving him in a situation he has to use healers in first round or surrender, allowing me to achieve a card advantage. Work very often. Maybe u can use a similar style. But the Shani combi is still very threatening.

huettiro;n8396710 said:
In response to 4RM3D

You can mention users using the @, e.g. 4RM3D.

huettiro;n8396710 said:
3)- Restore allows me to give the bears different base strength, which most of the time gives me a value of +4 (2 rounds higher value) and a better igni defence

A point I didn't consider. Still wonder if that makes it worth it, though. But okay.

huettiro;n8396710 said:
4)- Against Henselt the weather cards help me ALOT.

Yeah, I have been aggressively using Coral. However, the opponent usually has a promote in hand and, in the end, it usually doesn't make too big of a difference. Sure, I do win round one. But in the 3rd round I mostly still get beaten by Villenmethingy or an unlucky Shani combo.

Relying solely on Ciri for CA seems bad to me. At least try to add 1 additional spy unit and/or Ocvist. Weather is typically the key to counter their buffing. Wait until they have used up all 3 First Light cards and hope for the best :D

Djenge and Gremist are replaceable. Restore is also not needed most of the time and could be exchanged for KoB that provides Res as well + deck thinning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom