Suggestions on What Cards to Craft First?

+
Suggestions on What Cards to Craft First?

Hi, I started playing the open beta yesterday and so far I am thrilled with the game and I am loving every minute of it. I am currently using a starter deck with some cards obtained from kegs (nothing special) and I am also doing the challenges. However, I am close to finishing them and I want to do them before jumping into public matches, so my question is, what cards should I aim to craft first for my deck. The deck I am using currently is Skellige.

It would be useful to know if you got any SK or neutral epic/legendaries already, since there's several archetypes for SK you can aim for.

I wouldn't worry about crafting right now to be honest, you're starting out. I'd say get a feel for the games, the leaders and how they play, stuff like that. Pull rounds and wins and get kegs to see if anything starts fleshing out. Unless you have a lot of dust for example to craft an awesome Legendary Gold there really isn't anything unless you want to fill out some bronze cards and get the three copies.

Bear in mind that tons of things have changed in the open beta, so only time will tell what is really the best choice to go. And only you can tell if that type of decks is really what you want to play, too. If you're unsure, you may want to craft NEUTRAL silver/gold cards to help yo urather than SK cards, as you ucan use those in any factions so no loss of scraps.

Hmm, olgierd can be used as a replacement for Morkvarg for a deck centred around buffing him. Making sure he's the strongest card round 1 in your deck and using Crach as a leader to get him 100% of your games is a good and cheap way to ensure consistency. Due to the possibility of lock+destroy you'll want a unit that can unlock, you have cleaver that's a fine beginning, and a silver rezer. There's two in SK, one of the two is restauration and you've got it.
However, restauration was changed since the open beta and is now a huge loss of tempo when used without any discard synergies; and you need a card you're okay to discard ready in your hand.
I got restauration too, just like you I don't have sigrdrifa yet so I tested it (with Morkvarg, since morkvarg apparently likes me, I got him early again just like in closed beta lol), and I'm not really satisfied, to be honest . The fact that it discards means that in a deck with war longship and pirate captain it can recover that loss of tempo at least partially, but in a deck centred around buffing morkvarg or olgierd, that may be difficult to have them (and rendering them useful by having enough discard as well ).
That card really became harder to use and feels quite often not rewarding to have it in your deck. Kind of expect it to be buffed ina following patch, but I may be overlooking something.
Sigrdrifa would be the perfect choice. If you're sure that you're going to play SK (if you're not then like Moridin said above, play without crafting the various factions/archetypes) then know that in closed beta Sigrdrifa was a staple silver card in most archetype from the beginning to the end of the beta, and that she's probably going to remain as such.
So as a first silver crafted, she's damn good, but since you have restauration, you may want to test with that first, your choice.

One thing to check is if you have 3 priestesses of Freiya available. That's a rare card, you get 2 in the initial deck, so you only need to get one in a keg. But I wouldn't play SK before having 3 in my deck, because that's still THE SK staple bronze card ImO. The future may prove me wrong, especially if stuff like savage bear become too frequently encoutnered, but that's just a rare card so the investment isn't big.

If you have 3 queensguards you may be interested in using them in your deck as a power swing together with Olgierd's staying power. Even if you don't have Draig bon du and Cerys yet, Since you'll be running shieldsmiths, it's a nice secondary target for them. and then getting azur's double cross as a silver to replace Crach and take King bran as a leader instead, to get the queensguard every game.
If you go that way, then draig bon dhu and Cerys are a huge gain in that deck. And so is the operator too. Decoy works well and you should already have it, so that's cool.

Well there's a lot of possibilities. Queensguard seems quite strong right now, and it's fairly reliable even with a fairly early deck. + It's relatively easy to get queensguards from kegs too.

Also as an early little combo that didn't exist in the closed beta, if you decide to go queensguards+king bran, before killing a target with Holger Blackhand -if you don't have anything in your graveyard yet- make sure to discard queensguards with Bran so that Holger buffs one of them when he'll kill the target.

Last edited:
I love Hjalmar, and if you play Harald the Cripple as the leader, then as long as you haven't played him yet, you have a guarantee (well, unless enemy buffs Lord von Undvik right away) to get rid of the Lord for a 25 strength gold card on your side. Alternatively, keep Triss Merigold or any other card that can damage for 5 or more strength and hope you draw them together.

Savage Bears, because they are bronzes worth to be silvers and You can have 8 of them. 3 from freias, 1 from sigfrida and 1 from decoy. Absolutelly worth it. Best card in the game atm, rest is few tiers behind it.

yo guys, since i cant start a new topic i just ask around here:

i want to do bear/weather + axemen deck and i have around 4200 scraps so which gold cards i should craft?
as for now i only got geels, xarthisius and villentretenmerth besides the starter golds.

i guess i need to craft hjalmar anyways since hes the strongest skellige card as far as i know but im not sure about the other cards i should craft.
which golds would fit best for that deck?

and how would lugos do? description says discard a card and do dmg with the discarded cards str. so if i would discard morkvarg it means
7 str from lugos + 8 dmg to enemy + 5 str from returning morkvarg = 20 points in total. that doesnt seem bad

anyways thx in advance for opinions

Last edited:
Standard golds seems to be hjalmar, lugos, renew and maybe kambi. Coral is good, Regis is good. Just use any leader for morg. Lugo is mainly to kill things fast. Kambi with hjalmar win round 3 if they have no schakles.

PackingMoney;n8620920 said:
Hi, I started playing the open beta yesterday and so far I am thrilled with the game and I am loving every minute of it. I am currently using a starter deck with some cards obtained from kegs (nothing special) and I am also doing the challenges. However, I am close to finishing them and I want to do them before jumping into public matches, so my question is, what cards should I aim to craft first for my deck. The deck I am using currently is Skellige.

Craft 20 savage bears

No Title

Well new deck kinda works but i think i still have to many cards, 30 atm.
i choosed hjalmar, coral, yen and geralt igni as golds for now

Attachments

• photo154050.jpg
    photo154050.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom