Extreme vulnerable against weather monster

+
Extreme vulnerable against weather monster

This faction currently demands massive stacking of units on the row. Its usually on the first row. Every time when weather monster put a weather on that row, it is painful for me. They have more weather effects than my clear sky+ silver weather counter card. Even if i used clear sky, the damage dealt is there, opponent's units are there and i got nothing.

Well, two things I can tell you about this:

1) Weather or not, Skellige is not going to be very good in the next patch, so most people won't have this problem because they will be using other factions.

2) At some point in the future, SK will likely get a bronze unit that clears weather from a row, since every other faction already has one.

Last edited:
You need to add units to your deck, that clear weather! Every faction has one of this sort. Also First Light can be useful and a lot of factions allow you to put cards on different rows or there are cards that get stronger when other cards are weakened and so on. There are many ways to deal with weather.

You need to be able to deal with weather otherwise your deck won't be viable. Monsters are not the only one who spam the opponents with weather - special card ST is often a lot worse.

Brokvar Hunters love weather, especially frost. Just make sure to sandwich one between two units on round 1, make round 1 a long one so the hunter gets buffed to 20+ and then profit.

devivre;n8875790 said:
You need to add units to your deck, that clear weather! Every faction has one of this sort. Also First Light can be useful and a lot of factions allow you to put cards on different rows or there are cards that get stronger when other cards are weakened and so on. There are many ways to deal with weather.

You need to be able to deal with weather otherwise your deck won't be viable. Monsters are not the only one who spam the opponents with weather - special card ST is often a lot worse.

Skellige only has Gremist as a Clear Sky minion, which is hardly optimal.

However, other options to work with weather would be stuff like Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith to restore the lost power, Clan Heymaey Skald to just boost beyond it or Clan An Craite Warcrier to again boost the damage minions. It wont remove the weather, but stuff like Armorsmith can reverse the loss and Warcrier can turn the damage into a boost.

Last edited:
TriforceDragon;n8875950 said:

However, other options to work with weather would be stuff like Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith to restore the lost power, Clan Heymaey Skald to just boost beyond it or Clan An Craite Warcrier to again boost the damage minions. It wont remove the weather, but stuff like Armorsmith can reverse the loss and Warcrier can turn the damage into a boost.

Yup, Skellige has the Armorsmith and yes, this unit is Skelliges version of protection against weather (and a very strong one). Besides you overlooked the potential of Clan Brokvar Hunter when it comes to weather (this unit actually gets stronger while others are weakened). Raging Berserkers are also very useful when dealing with weather. There's enough protection against weather.

It's because there are units on skellige that actually gets boosted in weather. I have played multiple games VS skellige where the opponent actually got benefit from my frost.

Jotun35;n8875910 said:
Brokvar Hunters love weather, especially frost. Just make sure to sandwich one between two units on round 1, make round 1 a long one so the hunter gets buffed to 20+ and then profit.

You can't do that with next patch anymore. CBH has regressive tag and on top of that lost veteran I think. So basically quite a useless card.
To the OP, SK was butchered with this patch, the fotm players will jump on the monster train after it, either go other faction or be prepared to endure while they buff SK some way.

Oh yeah! CBH will be useless next patch. But it's a pretty cool card at the moment. I will definitely stop playing my Morkvarg/CBH/LLS deck after the patch hit. And after that, I bet Morkvarg won't be played that much any more. Honestly, SK is one of the faction with the worst silvers and the patch won't really change that.

Or just learn to use raging berserkers and armorsmiths to maintain a high point value. through the weather. Post patch, SK is getting nerfed, but other factions will lose a bunch of points as well, so bears being only 11 points compared to the old 15+ point hunters will not be as much of a gap really.

However, other options to work with weather would be stuff like Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith to restore the lost power, ....... Warcrier to again boost the damage minions. It wont remove the weather, but stuff like Armorsmith can reverse the loss and Warcrier can turn the damage into a boost.

This is pretty much the thing that I have been using to my An Craite Warriors. Also dropping Commander's horn to the row can help. I just let the weather do it's tricks for a while, since it doesn't kill instantly. Then drop the Armorsmith and next turn Warcrier.

I also like to buff my Skirmisher with Decoy and Shieldsmith during early game. So in the end I'll have one powerful card which I can draw from the grave as a last minute solution. Although this tactics is NOT good against Vicovaro Medic decks, but works nicely against weather.

It can be a bit tricky to play against the deck that uses a lot of weather, but it's not impossible. Just needs a bit of thinking in which order and when to play these cards.

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n8885970 said:
This is pretty much the thing that I have been using to my An Craite Warriors. Also dropping Commander's horn to the row can help. I just let the weather do it's tricks for a while, since it doesn't kill instantly. Then drop the Armorsmith and next turn Warcrier.

I also like to buff my Skirmisher with Decoy and Shieldsmith during early game. So in the end I'll have one powerful card which I can draw from the grave as a last minute solution. Although this tactics is NOT good against Vicovaro Medic decks, but works nicely against weather.

It can be a bit tricky to play against the deck that uses a lot of weather, but it's not impossible. Just needs a bit of thinking in which order and when to play these cards.

Everything that gets pumped in gy looks useless now, as SK lost it's only gy defense. So I will experiment with decks gravitating towards generating immediate power and not relying on transferring anything significant through the gy/turns. Might even free a slot from a priestess to something else as strength gy play looks ruined.
Mork will still be a play I think, he's a good backup and carry-over, but the winning condition should be something else now. No CBH, no QG, the last thing you wanna see as well is your pumped skirmisher getting gy-stolen.
Probably the self-wounding - wacrier might be a thing, but looks lacking for higher play.
Axe is probably some option too.
Overall SK now looks grim and kind of void of any really powerful play especially around its main theme - the resurrection.

Last edited:
Avetohol;n8886340 said:
Everything that gets pumped in gy looks useless now, as SK lost it's only gy defense. So I will experiment with decks gravitating towards generating immediate power and not relying on transferring anything significant through the gy/turns. Might even free a slot from a priestess to something else as strength gy play looks ruined.
Mork will still be a play I think, he's a good backup and carry-over, but the winning condition should be something else now. No CBH, no QG, the last thing you wanna see as well is your pumped skirmisher getting gy-stolen.
Probably the self-wounding - wacrier might be a thing, but looks lacking for higher play.
Axe is probably some option too.
Overall SK now looks grim and kind of void of any really powerful play especially around its main theme - the resurrection.

I have some success with QG due to NG not being all over ladder.

the weather situation is indeed bad, and we lack both the agile units other factions have and antiweather bronzes other factions also have.

at least bears hitting the swarms of monsters helps a little, but overall it's a tough match up.

a thing to note is that I'm not running draig, and I don't tunnel vision to QG due to caretaker/ katakan also being prevalent in the meta. QG are usually there to easily proc Cerys. Plus, if they eat a QG they don't eat my skirmisher, and vice versa

Im happy, my QG Deck works better than before, but have not seen any NG Deck yesterday. Monster is atm a 50/50 matchup for me, depends if they play Caretaker, Katakan or Griffin and maybe ghoul, all of those cards can heavily favor the matchup for Monster. But the new Bear shines in this Matchup.

I play 3x First Light but that is not enough even if i bait out weather on multi Rows. So summon QG to early = death by weather, summon them to late = stolen by Caretaker/Katakan/Griffin.

My strategy is to delay the first turn, annoy my enemy with Bears. If they steal QG or Olgierd (my NG counter) it doesnt hurt that much and after that its safe for me to start buff up my Unit (fortunately they have most of the time only 1 stealing unit on hand) . So its still a winable matchup, as long as QG isnt Meta and people start to counter Deck them.

edit: Yesterday i saw 2x Succubus player, but both times i was able to hurt my own QG/Olgierd in order to rescue them, but always have to offer a Savage Bear for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom