The "non-Bug" FAQ

+
Klorix;n7213680 said:
Thanks a bunch for explaining the max.-1-of-any-silver/gold-card rule. I almost selected doubles from my kegs, but this makes the choice much easier.

It's definitely a feel bad moment when you find out the hard way. For me it was Scorch - one came in one of my first kegs in the final three, so I took it. Ended up milling for 10 Scrap when I realized, but what was worse was the rares I didn't choose and could have chosen.

This isn't exactly a bug, I don't think, and it doesn't have to do with in-game mechanics, but it is a minor inconvenience for deck-building. Ideally, only cards that have been newly added to my collection should be highlighted with the little blue diamond thingy that I have, in my mind, denoted as the icon for 'new.' But that icon covers every card I own every time I log in until I run my mouse over it. If that could be fixed so that only new cards are marked as new, that would be wonderful. Or, if that is currently working as intended, then I apologize for my ignorance and will try to work around it.

Thank you for your time.

BattleFries;n7324940 said:
This isn't exactly a bug, I don't think

It is a known bug.

Sometimes the following helps:
go to collection
open filters > Set filters to show "new"
Mouse over the cards until the filter shows "no cards to display" under all factions
Rest filters and turn them off
Leave Collection, then immediately go back in.
If any cards are showing as new, repeat the above.

Doing that once or twice can sometimes force the client to update most or all of the current collection. Generally, the "new" tag for me will carry over about 2 kegs worth of cards. I do this once each time I open a keg (clear the new tags before opening Keg(s), then clear them again after opening the Keg(s)).

Last edited:
I have two order of resolution things that seem off.

1. Monsters faction ability often ends up being ineffective with foglets and fog played on board. Since foglet is randomly selected before weather effects clear.

2. Fog and Geralt:AARD = death to all non-gold melee. Game pushes units to fog, fog sets strength to 1, Geralt: AARD damages moved units for 1.

Knightlon;n7439130 said:
This could use an update, if you want, OP. (I could help)

Yes, it does need an update. I'm working on one now, but it went without for a month because most of my coworkers were on Holiday and this is my first day off since mid-December. If you would like to help, you can PM some questions (with or without answers) to me for inclusion. Once I have everything together, I'll see if a nice Mod will update the first post. Thank you very much.

OP update in progress. if you think a Tech Support thread qualifies for inclusion in the list and I don;t get it updated, please let me know here or in PM.

Hi, I'm new to this game, I cleared the monsters stater deck by a mis-click and now find that can not get it back, so any ideals about how to restore a default deck? thanks

Linnena;n8045760 said:
Hi, I'm new to this game, I cleared the monsters stater deck by a mis-click and now find that can not get it back, so any ideals about how to restore a default deck? thanks
If you did not mill the cards themselves, then you can use the deck-list located in the New Player Tips thread (link in my sig, also pinned in the tactician forum) to simply recreate the deck. Add deck, select Eredin as leader and use the guide to add the cards (making changes as desired). And be careful with those right-clicks in the deck editor...

Hope that helps.

Linnena;n8045760 said:

got it, thank you so much

Cards played on weather effects remains with their set strength, same thing applies to everything played after the weather was played. Bug or feature?

Zerhu;n8169360 said:
Cards played on weather effects remains with their set strength, same thing applies to everything played after the weather was played. Bug or feature?

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here; but you should see that a non-gold, non-immune unit has Red, White or Green Strength before weather (WX) is played. Once weather is played, it will have Red ST of 1. If it is buffed after this point it will have ST>1 and that STR will show color as usual (below, at or above base for Red, White and Green respectively). If WX is played again, it will go back to 1 STR. When round ends or WX is cleared, the ST will revert to the value it should have with all buffs and debuffs except WX.

Example: Fiend is played (8 STR), hit by Alzur's Thunder (1), receives Swallow Potion (9), Biting Frost is played (1), then Thunderbolt Potion (5), another Biting Frost (1) and Finally Clear Skies (13 STR final).

Example 2: Impenetrable Fog is played, then Clan Drummond Shield Maiden who summons the other two (1 ST ea), followed by Thunderbolt Potion (5 STR ea), another Impenetrable Fog (1 ea) and finally a Clear Skies (9 ST Ea)

If you are not seeing the STR go down to 1 (either when the weather is played, or the unit is played into WX) then something may be a bug. If the STR is buffed after the WX effect has decreased STR to 1 (for non-gold, non-immune of course); then it will remain buffed unless another weather effect reduces it again or WX is cleared.

Hope that helps, and if not could you please restate your question or shoot a private message my way.

I've barely been able to play since 0.8.72 released. When I do, I get to complete maybe one game out of 10+ (game loss with no reason, or the "lost connection" error nearly every game). If anybody with consistent access has time, can you proof the questions and answers in the OP to see that they all still apply, please.

Spyware69;n8361660 said:
HELP!
The iris card has no effect when I use mardroeme (spores) to remove it
Using spores to remove Iris reduces her base strength to 0, which banishes the card. When a card is banished, its abilities do not trigger.

Spyware69;n8361660 said:
HELP!
The iris card has no effect when I use mardroeme (spores) to remove it

Riven-Twain;n8363790 said:
Using spores to remove Iris reduces her base strength to 0, which banishes the card. When a card is banished, its abilities do not trigger.

Exactly. This was in the FAQ, but I have clarified the wording a bit:

My <cardname> didn't trigger when it was killed

It was likely killed using the Spores side of Mardroeme, which removes Base Strength. A card with 0 or less Base Strength *and* 0 Total STR is removed from the game (similar to a fleeting card - the "black wisp" animation) and will not trigger effects based on removing them from the battlefield. A buffed card reduced to 0 Base STR will remain in play with only it's buffed STR. Further damage should remove it, without trigger, as well.

vorant94;n8384620 said:
Is it normal that "at the end of the turn" abilities are not triggered by passing?

Do you mean Vran Warrior? He should happily munch more units on his right after you have passed. If not, which unit are you asking about?

Treamayne;n8395200 said:
Do you mean Vran Warrior? He should happily munch more units on his right after you have passed. If not, which unit are you asking about?

Yes, I mean Vran Warrior. He doesn't eat the minion if i push pass after my opponent has passed. The game immediately сompares mine and his power instead of it

vorant94;n8401460 said:
Yes, I mean Vran Warrior. He doesn't eat the minion if i push pass after my opponent has passed. The game immediately сompares mine and his power instead of it

I would report it to CDPR (link in my sig), but that is probably the desired outcome. If your opponent has already passed, then when you pass the game has ended. Vran Warrior absorbing a unit won't add any more STR (unless the unit itself has some ability, such as Golem). If you pass first, then you should see Vran continue to absorb units when the timer counts down on subsequent turns until the opponent passes. A report doesn't hurt, though, since they can review the interaction to determine if that is indeed how they want that to resolve.

Top Bottom