Ranked Games points distribution - Update

+
Ranked Games points distribution - Update

Recently we have introduced some changes to the way points are being awarded/deducted in Ranked Games. Amounts of points gained/lost while battling others should now better reflect players' performance and allow them to progress through ranks more easily.

As a rank 11 player I got matched with a rank 2 player today, the match connected within 15 seconds.

>>When I won the game it didn't even know how to calculate my rank point value change and just sat there with this spinning circle. This must be a bug / oversight in your current implementation.

20170125_111951.jpg

There needs to be a limitation so that we aren't matched with players so many ranks above and below us.

No Title

Why i don't get points for win?

Attachments

• photo103670.jpg
    photo103670.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Chaob_N7;n7579060 said:
When I won the game it didn't even know how to calculate my rank point value change and just sat there with this spinning circle. This must be a bug / oversight in your current implementation.
It happens sometimes when there are no players currently playing around your rank range.
In such cases, I've noticed we get anything between 2-8 points if you win.
The higher you go in ranks, the harder it usually gets to match players within your rank range (also depends on timezone you're in and when you're playing I guess).
I've watched several streamers in the last few days in the top 20-25 positions who keep queuing up and never find a match to play for several attempts.
Sometimes, they get an opponent way below their MMR and gain almost no points for winning.

InvisibleArrow;n7630810 said:
It happens sometimes...

Yes, I know. It's a bug. I'm not in the top several hundred players so I reliably get matched with rank 10-13 players on the leaderboard since that is a pool of over a thousand. This time however I got matched with a rank 2 player which is legitimately 40,000 leaderboard positions lower than me within 15 seconds. I've had the timer count up to a minute before in rare circumstances but this match was terrible and it didn't even try to wait for a real match hence it is a bug.

My opponent get connecting error at the very beginning, so I had fast victory and:
- no daily progress,
- no experience,
- reduce Ranking Points by 30.
I understand that there should not be any reward for such game and I support you with that;
but maybe ranking could remain at its level as well?

Sixter;n7727980 said:
My opponent get connecting error at the very beginning, so I had fast victory and:
- no daily progress,
- no experience,
- reduce Ranking Points by 30.
I understand that there should not be any reward for such game and I support you with that;
but maybe ranking could remain at its level as well?

I was about to post about this.

Connection fails so no daily progress or experience won, that is all good and fair.
But the why on Earth would we lose/gain ranking points? Thats not fair at all!

Chaob_N7;n7579060 said:
As a rank 11 player I got matched with a rank 2 player today, the match connected within 15 seconds.

>>When I won the game it didn't even know how to calculate my rank point value change and just sat there with this spinning circle. This must be a bug / oversight in your current implementation.

There needs to be a limitation so that we aren't matched with players so many ranks above and below us.

Dark_Spect3r;n7803980 said:
I was about to post about this.

Connection fails so no daily progress or experience won, that is all good and fair.
But the why on Earth would we lose/gain ranking points? Thats not fair at all!

Ye fix ur match making que. Im level 15 and rank 5 and i get 25++lvl and 8++rank higher players to play. BROKEN AND UNFAIR GAME = SHIT. How to hell this company managed make so awesome game as Witcher 3 and cant make working card game. WTF. Did your company used all profit as W3 to booze and hookers? and now there is handfull ppls to making this? I dont get coz i could dev better game than this alone. Also what i dont get it is why the f*ck developers and companys publish not even close to final versions. Yeye its a BETA! Still you had one job. DO MATCH MAKING FAIR CARD GAME and you fail it xD ROFLMAO cannot recommend this to any1

Last edited:
Detz;n7825490 said:
Ye fix ur match making que. Im level 15 and rank 5 and i get 25++lvl and 8++rank higher players to play. BROKEN AND UNFAIR GAME = SHIT. How to hell this company managed make so awesome game as Witcher 3 and cant make working card game. WTF. Did your company used all profit as W3 to booze and hookers? and now there is handfull ppls to making this? I dont get coz i could dev better game than this alone. Also what i dont get it is why the f*ck developers and companys publish not even close to final versions. Yeye its a BETA! Still you had one job. DO MATCH MAKING FAIR CARD GAME and you fail it xD ROFLMAO cannot recommend this to any1

If I may add, you face opponent based on your MMr, not your rank I believe. So rank 5 is around 1500 I think? But once you reach a rank, you can't lose it. That way, it's possible for a Rank 8 player to be back at 1500 points without having lost his Title of Rank 8. Of course, It seems unfair, because he clearly have a bigger card pool and more experience, but a loss against an opponent with bigger win rate makes you lose fewer points! The more player there will be in this game, the better the matchmaking will be.

I think it's too soon to judge this game as a finished one. They are focusing a lot on getting out a good number of balanced cards for the official release as well as a big campaign. I do agree that matchmaking is a key feature of a card game and it's vital for the future of this game, but they are improving it.

As a closed beta, the devs also open the door for suggestions. So if you feel your points would change the game for the best, I strongly advise you to make your suggestion post asap!

I hope you will stick to this game, it clearly has a lot of potential and is really fun to play!

Coco992;n7825660 said:
Of course, It seems unfair, because he clearly have a bigger card pool and more experience

Idd, i need to pay to play if i want to win games and if i dont pay i keep losing coz i lack some cards. Sure this is good game and hell maybe one day even better than Hearthstone. But now imo Elo hell is real and major issue most of starting ppls. Even a beta could get hotfix on that.

Top Bottom