Redanian Elite bug abusing

+
Redanian Elite bug abusing

I have found many players today abusing the Redanian Elite bug with Djikstra, i wonder if i should start individually reporting them or CDPR can keep track of them by themselves to take the appropriate measures. It's fine if you meet one of them eventually, but they're a plague.

Recently I have reported one who kept using Kaedweni Sergeants to buff a Redanian Elite twice. Exploits are like contagious diseases.

Ugralitan;n7546110 said:
Recently I have reported one who kept using Kaedweni Sergeants to buff a Redanian Elite twice. Exploits are like contagious diseases.

The bug is not with the elites,it is with the faction abillity that leaves the buff on a unit even after it's been demoted to silver.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7546230 said:
The bug is not with the elites,it is with the faction abillity that leaves the buff on a unit even after it's been demoted to silver.

Well that is what I said.

Kaedweni Sergeant silvered Redanian Elite, and RE re-promoted with additional faction benefit.

I'm sure they will fix the Elites, Sigrdrifa, King Bran, and Gaard traps etc. next patch. All of these are not game breaking bugs, and I find it very unlikely they are looking to punish players for using them. Exploits that are ban worthy are for example the intentional use of Mardroeme to actually disconnect players from the game to climb the ranked ladder. It's a beta, minor bugs are just part of the game.

On a side note, leave poor Dijkstra alone! At least someone found a way to make him useful. ;)

KaynOfNosgoth;n7546230 said:

The bug actually is with the elites, you can remove gold status from any card just fine, while Redanian Elites just re-promote themselves adding yet another +2 and making it abusable by every other unit getting buffs from gold cards appearing.
What you mention isn't even a bug, Kaedweni Sergeants or Dijkstra, unlike Dimeritium Shackles, aren't supposed to remove the buff, only gold status.
IAxiiYourMother;n7546500 said:
I'm sure they will fix the Elites, Sigrdrifa, King Bran, and Gaard traps etc. next patch. All of these are not game breaking bugs, and I find it very unlikely they are looking to punish players for using them. Exploits that are ban worthy are for example the intentional use of Mardroeme to actually disconnect players from the game to climb the ranked ladder. It's a beta, minor bugs are just part of the game.
I share your point of view and, while i highly doubt they will punish them in any way(even more if we talk about bans), i definitely don't want that kind of players around and i think it's CDPR's decision how to act or not.

IAxiiYourMother;n7546500 said:
On a side note, leave poor Dijkstra alone! At least someone found a way to make him useful. ;)
Kinda thought the same when i saw him being played, but after meeting 5 guys using the same weird deck and abusing the same bug it started to be annoying :p

I hope they fix it soon, cause it's really sad to see the same behavior in so many games vs NR.

Actually it is a bug and no,it's not elites related.The NR faction abillity description says it gives 2 points of power to every gold card.The second that card get's demoted to silver,it should also loose the 2 points.This way,demoting an elite would also take 2 points from it,and re-promoting it to gold would give that 2 points back,there for,no extra power for the elites.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7547070 said:
The second that card get's demoted to silver,it should also loose the 2 points.
No, it doesn't give +2 WHILE(here we go with the while discussion again), they are gold, it gives +2 to any gold card, so, becoming gold adds +2, but removing gold status has no other effect. If you demote and re-promote the same creature multiple times it will get +2 every time its promoted, just like it's happening with Redanian Elite, the actual bug is Redanian Elite re-promotes itself, not the buff part. You get it now?

Last edited:
Is that really a bug? One of my favorite decks redanian + Dijkistra now. The deck isn't so good just fun. I have much better Win rate with my ST deck.

6.Radenian Elite promotes itself after its gold status is taken away (by Kaedweni Sergeant and Dimeritium Shackles) - we are investigating it.

"we are investigating it" The devs/mods couldn't be more vague even if they tried.

As long as it's not confirmed to be a bug, you cannot claim it's an exploit/abuse.

TheWalkingHawking;n7542760 said:
I have found many players today abusing the Redanian Elite bug with Djikstra, i wonder if i should start individually reporting them or CDPR can keep track of them by themselves to take the appropriate measures. It's fine if you meet one of them eventually, but they're a plague.

If it is a bug (which I am not sure), it is not with the Elites, it is with the NR faction. Because every NR card keeps their buff, even they are demoted. The faction description is "Add 2 strength to each gold unit when it appears on your side". "appears" is the key word, here. So I don't think it is a bug.

4RM3D;n7547670 said:
"we are investigating it" The devs/mods couldn't be more vague even if they tried.

As long as it's not confirmed to be a bug, you cannot claim it's an exploit/abuse.

Now that's another thing, i didn't know about that, i always thought it had been recognized as a bug by CDPR.

Snfonseka;n7548050 said:
If it is a bug (which I am not sure), it is not with the Elites, it is with the NR faction. Because every NR card keeps their buff, even they are demoted. The faction description is "Add 2 strength to each gold unit when it appears on your side". "appears" is the key word, here. So I don't think it is a bug.
Here we go again, same affirmation, same answer.

TheWalkingHawking;n7547040 said:
The bug actually is with the elites, you can remove gold status from any card just fine, while Redanian Elites just re-promote themselves adding yet another +2 and making it abusable by every other unit getting buffs from gold cards appearing. What you mention isn't even a bug, Kaedweni Sergeants or Dijkstra, unlike Dimeritium Shackles, aren't supposed to remove the buff, only gold status.

TheWalkingHawking;n7547180 said:
No, it doesn't give +2 WHILE(here we go with the while discussion again), they are gold, it gives +2 to any gold card, so, becoming gold adds +2, but removing gold status has no other effect. If you demote and re-promote the same creature multiple times it will get +2 every time its promoted, just like it's happening with Redanian Elite, the actual bug is Redanian Elite re-promotes itself, not the buff part. You get it now?

That makes no sense."Becoming gold adds +2,but removing gold status has no effect"?:)) It's common logic that after the gold status goes away,so should the buff.We can contradict ourselves on this topic for days and we won't get to a conclusion.Best thing right now would be for a dev to tell us if it is a bug or not.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7550650 said:
It's common logic that after the gold status goes away,so should the buff.

Why is this common logic? The NR passive clearly reads: "Add 2 strength to each gold unit when it appears on your side." Nowhere does it state units lose 2 strength when they lose their golden status.

This game has a lot of weird interactions, but the NR passive is pretty straightforward.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7550650 said:
That makes no sense."Becoming gold adds +2,but removing gold status has no effect"?:)) It's common logic that after the gold status goes away,so should the buff.We can contradict ourselves on this topic for days and we won't get to a conclusion.Best thing right now would be for a dev to tell us if it is a bug or not.

"Add 2 strength to each gold unit when it appears on your side."
Your statement would be true if it read "Add 2 strength to any gold unit while it is on your side."
If you still don't get it, i give up.

TheWalkingHawking;n7554390 said:
"Add 2 strength to each gold unit when it appears on your side."
Your statement would be true if it read "Add 2 strength to any gold unit while it is on your side."
If you still don't get it, i give up.

I understand what your saying but the key word here is "Gold unit".It's not right to keep the bonus power as a silver no matter how you word the description.

The NR buff works like any other buff, all buffs that are non-weather based stay in effect until acted on by a card which damages or resets to base value. demoting and debuffing are different things, only dimeritium shackles does both at the same time.

Ok let me put it this way:Weather used to set the str of all units on the row to 1 when it was played AND at the end of the round.It got changed to only affect when it's played BUT the description says:Spawn a -Weather- effect on both -X- rows that sets the strenght of all non-Gold units on or appearing there to 1.
If we are to look at the description,it worked just fine,because the way it works now it should say "When played spawn etc,etc.".You get what i'm saying?
This word-plays can go on as long as you want,as i said,there should be a dev clearing things up if it is or it isn't a bug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom