Problem updating from 0.8.37 to Nilfgaard

+
Problem updating from 0.8.37 to Nilfgaard

GOG finished downloading 2.5GB update, but at the end it says "Gwent installation postponed (game is running)". If I try to restart GOG it says game installation corrupted.

I then try to verify gamefiles, it checks all the files and gives new "Gwent installation postponed (game is running)" pop up.

Go to task manager and find the active gwent exe running. End that process, and either verify again, or try starting gwent again.

I just copy pasted everything from "\GOG Galaxy\Games\!Downloads\temp\1971477531\Gwent_Data" to "GOG Galaxy\Games\Gwent\GWENT_Data" and at least it started, let's hope it works. :D

I have the same issue.

Lim3zer0;n7682720 said:
Go to task manager and find the active gwent exe running. End that process, and either verify again, or try starting gwent again.

The game is not running though which is the problem.

During the installation 99.9 complete portion I'm noticing that xdelta3.exe seems to be performing the installation... it just sits there sipping 14% CPU use on my 6700k. I don't really trust the gwent install method, bit odd.

I'm having the same problem. Retry does nothing. When I close GOG galaxy (stop the program running) and boot it up again, it shows the game as corrupted. Uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling fixed it. It also was faster than the update download.

Last edited:
Nothing works. Installed but nothing works. When i press retry game tries to update than after some time doesnt manage to do it.

I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall the game now. For me it kept the downloaded patch, so it seems I only need to download 2.9 of the 5.4 GB.

Shimatta;n7684100 said:
I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall the game now. For me it kept the downloaded patch, so it seems I only need to download 2.9 of the 5.4 GB.

This is messed up... I uninstalled gwent, uninstalled gog galaxy, went in and manually deleted the gwent folder with all the data and then reinstalled gog... just like you it is telling me that it only needs 2.9GB and lists the rest already present when I have definitely deleted it all. I'm downloading this bit now but I'm not optimistic as it is clearly bugged.

Chaob_N7;n7684210 said:
This is messed up... I uninstalled gwent, uninstalled gog galaxy, went in and manually deleted the gwent folder with all the data and then reinstalled gog... just like you it is telling me that it only needs 2.9GB and lists the rest already present when I have definitely deleted it all. I'm downloading this bit now but I'm not optimistic as it is clearly bugged.

I think the update was stored in "Downloads" in the gog folder but outside of the Gwent folder. If you only deleted the Gwent folder but not the whole GOG folder maybe the data is still there?

Shimatta;n7684320 said:
I think the update was stored in "Downloads" in the gog folder but outside of the Gwent folder. If you only deleted the Gwent folder but not the whole GOG folder maybe the data is still there?

I had deleted gwent from both locations. Crazy stuff :(

I uninstalled and reinstalled and can confirm that worked for me.

Before that I restarted PC to make sure nothing else is running or interfering with the install.

trulez;n7683000 said:
I just copy pasted everything from "\GOG Galaxy\Games\!Downloads\temp\1971477531\Gwent_Data " to "GOG Galaxy\Games\Gwent\GWENT_Data" and at least it started, let's hope it works.
Did the same thing as well, and it works. :victory:

My update also got stuck.I had to uninstall the game AND Galaxy (programs were running error or something), then I restarted my laptop, reinstalled everything and now it works just fine.

trulez;n7683000 said:
I just copy pasted everything from "\GOG Galaxy\Games\!Downloads\temp\1971477531\Gwent_Data" to "GOG Galaxy\Games\Gwent\GWENT_Data" and at least it started, let's hope it works. :D

This worked for me as well, but GOG still shows 0.8.37 as current version and it's really bugging me :p

Top Bottom