[BUG] Gwent monopolizes sound on the computer.

+
[BUG] Gwent monopolizes sound on the computer.

Issue: Gwent takes sole control of the sound on my PC preventing anything that is not already open from outputting sound.
PC Specs: Windows 7 65 bit, i7-4790k @4.00GHz, 16.0GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX960 4GB PCIE, Sound outputting through a Blue Yeti USB Microphone with headphones plugged into it.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Launch Gwent
2) Try to open any other program that outputs sound or start a new youtube video/twitch stream.
2a) Anything already running will continue to have sound unless streaming videos is paused long enough it needs to reload.
3) Experience it being muted until Gwent is closed.
3a) Reconnecting the USB microphone can sometimes solve the issue.

Last edited:
Gwent shouldn't have the capability to do this. It sounds more like an issue with your Windows (configuration) in general.

1) Do you also have the issue when you play Gwent in windowed mode?
2) Do you also have the issue playing another game in full screen?

I just tried it in windowed mode to the same result.

I am pretty much always watching a stream or youtube videos on my second monitor while I play games and Gwent is the first game I've come across that mutes everything else. It was also affecting my Discord if I switched servers.

I should also re-iterate that if I have a video running that's muted and I close Gwent, the sound returns instantly.

This is Gwent problem, not OS. Game mutes other sound for me as well, because it has problems with 96kHz audio mode (which I use), but switching to standard 48kHz fixes it (which is not an option for me). System is set up to prevent audio monopolisation. No other game has this problem, and this doesn't happen even if i run any program that uses ASIO.

I have the exact same problem. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? Pretty annoying when i cant even listen to music while playing Gwent ._.

Thirding the "Send it into Support" sentiment.

But you can also try going to Speaker Properties --> Advanced. Simply lower the sample rate to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). Beneath that, are two options for Exclusive Mode. I strongly recommend leaving them both ticked, as disabling this can cause other programs to take focus away from games and create errors. If simply lowering the sample rate doesn't free up more sound processing and allow for other sounds to play, for troubleshooting purposes, go ahead and disable both Exclusive Mode options and see if it makes a difference.

Top Bottom