[Bug?] Monster faction trait doesn't keep unit from Alzur's Double-Cross

+
[Bug?] Monster faction trait doesn't keep unit from Alzur's Double-Cross

This is either a bug from the new patch or not working consistently as ability text reads.

My last example was:
Second last play : Arachas
Last play : Alzur's Double-Cross -> Ekimmara -> Devour Nekker.
After passing, faction trait triggered on the Arachas played.

Since both description on faction trait and Alzur's Double-Cross says play,
I believe it's not working as intended, or the card text needs to be changed.

The Monster Passive states: "last played unit from your hand". What you did was play a spell from your hand and then a unit from your deck (not hand). So the monster passive is technically working as described. Regardless, I do understand the confusion.

After noticing units played by rally not staying on board, I read the faction ability again and figured it out.

I would prefer better keywords though.

Maybe this should be in the non-Bug FAQ?

Ianethas;n8209160 said:
I would prefer better keywords though.

I hear you! :) The game really has a lot of interesting mechanics, and it is quite difficult to "compress" the info in one language (let alone multiple languages). I know work is ongoing, trying to develop clear "jargon" for the game. Something tells me, though, that there will always be some level of trial and error needed to figure out exactly how different combos will execute. For a game built around the core concept of "deception"...I guess that fits. ;)

Monster faction totally broken

Sorry devs, but you have totally broken the monster faction with the latest patch! The last non-gold card often no longer stays always on the battlefield like before. Several times I played Ekimmas with a high strength value as the last card, then passed and the program took another low strength card.
Monsters are practically completely without chances now against Scoiatel.

There are other bugs I found. I will post them later since they are very specific and require some explanation and I doubt anyone cares anyway.

Only a small bug here:
When opening a new Keg Gold cards are often shown as 0X although they are already in the account. For example I selected the 12 strength witcher once although it was already
in 'my collection'. It was shown as 0X owned but this was of course wrong. As a newbie I thought this might be some other witcher card at that time.

rgds

Last edited:
soph912;n8282960 said:
Sorry devs, but you have totally broken the monster faction with the latest patch! The last non-gold card often no longer stays always on the battlefield like before. Several times I played Ekimmas with a high strength value as the last card, then passed and the program took another low strength card. Monsters are practically completely without chances now against Scoiatel.

The passive was changed to keep the last non-gold non-fleeting non-resilient unit played from your hand.

Units pulled by rally of alzur's double cross etc.. don't count.
If you want to know what card you'll keep the history tab will show you. Look for the most recent unit on that list.

soph912;n8282960 said:
Only a small bug here: When opening a new Keg Gold cards are often shown as 0X although they are already in the account. For example I selected the 12 strength witcher once although it was already in 'my collection'. It was shown as 0X owned but this was of course wrong. As a newbie I thought this might be some other witcher card at that time.

Are you sure it's not a question of being premium or not?

You already have the premium vanilla Geralt, so if a keg gave you the non-premium version it therefore would show that you have 0 in your collection.

Lim3zer0;n8283270 said:
The passive was changed to keep the last non-gold non-fleeting non-resilient unit played from your hand.

Units pulled by rally of alzur's double cross etc.. don't count.
If you want to know what card you'll keep the history tab will show you. Look for the most recent unit on that list.

But it was not pulled by rally and I don't know why this shouldn't count anyway!
It was just a regular Ekimma absorb of another card on the battlefield.
If last cards are weakened they always show up weakened for the next round so why shouldn't a buffed card stay for the next round?
Lim3zer0;n8283270 said:
Are you sure it's not a question of being premium or not?

You already have the premium vanilla Geralt, so if a keg gave you the non-premium version it therefore would show that you have 0 in your collection.

I'm not sure but I think I have ecountered this problem several times with legendaries, not only once but: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
It does not make sense to offer the non-premium version if you have already the premium.

Last edited:
Top Bottom