Cannot Use my Mouse Properly Because the Game Shows the Xbox Keybinding

+
N3gativ3SPG;n8603110 said:
Hey, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I was able to get around the xbox overlay on the PC Gwent. (Exit the game if you are still playing.) What you do is unplug your PC controller (if you have one connected...I did). After, go to the GOG app. Do a verify/repair on Gwent, then restart the game (without the controller plugged in). GO to Trinkets to see if it worked. It should no longer show the xbox buttons, just navigation arrows for your mouse. Hope that helps and see you on the Battlefield!

Does not work for me.. I try several times.. this is annoying please HELP!

Vo0zie;n8603020 said:
I found short term solution but it's not a good solution for people who use gamepad in other games. Gwent uses xinput and loading it always when games starts, to resolve our problem just go to C:\Windows\System32 and found xinput1_3.dll and rename it, xinput1_3-old.dll is ok. Now when you start the game it will be unable for exe to load settings for gamepad and game will run in forced mouse and keyboard mode. For me everything works flawless now. If someone of you use gamepad in other games then you need to rename it again to xinput1_3.dll when you finish playing in gwent.

Can't change the name on that file..With permissions enabled windows(10) asks me for trustedinstaller at the end.. I hate windows :p

HALP PLEASE!

N3gativ3SPG;n8603110 said:
Hey, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I was able to get around the xbox overlay on the PC Gwent. (Exit the game if you are still playing.) What you do is unplug your PC controller (if you have one connected...I did). After, go to the GOG app. Do a verify/repair on Gwent, then restart the game (without the controller plugged in). GO to Trinkets to see if it worked. It should no longer show the xbox buttons, just navigation arrows for your mouse. Hope that helps and see you on the Battlefield!

nice call dude, worked for me.. seems that the file to use the joypad creates confusion.. unplugging, repairing and restarting seems to work.. i did a thread on reddit.. if i discover something, i'll write here too, to help who has problem

Press what to continue?

Sorry I'm a bit drunk and find this a wee bit funny, mostly because I don't even own a controller... :D

Vo0zie;n8603020 said:
I found short term solution but it's not a good solution for people who use gamepad in other games. Gwent uses xinput and loading it always when games starts, to resolve our problem just go to C:\Windows\System32 and found xinput1_3.dll and rename it, xinput1_3-old.dll is ok. Now when you start the game it will be unable for exe to load settings for gamepad and game will run in forced mouse and keyboard mode. For me everything works flawless now. If someone of you use gamepad in other games then you need to rename it again to xinput1_3.dll when you finish playing in gwent.

I've tried this, renamed, but didn't help.

Update on it.
Same bug make pretty much impossible to manage card collection, as it always scroll down to the very bottom.

Another small update.
I actually had this issue very rarely before in other games.
Still no xbox controller, but game sometimes think that i have one.
In other games it was fixabe simply by unpluging both of my joysticks (t.16000m and Defender Cobra M5 if that important).
In Gwent however that doesn't help. After unpluging and restarting the game - bug still persist.
If that will help, besides unpluged two joysticks i'v mentioned, i have also plugged:
Logitech G13 gameboard
Logitech G600 mouse
Logitech K290 keyboard

Felderpwnz;n8598970 said:
Okay, I managed to figure it out in my case.
Check your virus protection software, mine (Comodo) was marking gwent.exe as "not defined" , not even the currenctly installed version but it was still blocking the game from running properly.
Thanks! Worked for me aswell. Even when deactivated, Comodo still blocked the .exe as "unkown".
Make sure to remove it from block list. Just deactivating Comodo seems not to be enough.
Cheers!

I am having the same issue, I have attempted the fullscreen fix, and plugging in my controller. Neither have worked for me. When I first launch the game the issue does not occur, when I navigate to the Single Player > Challenges is when it starts.

Red-Wyrm;n8605660 said:
Update on it.
Same bug make pretty much impossible to manage card collection, as it always scroll down to the very bottom.

Exactly, is totally unplayable, can't mill cards or do anything in collection, or trinkets, or challenges.. I played the closed Beta And this is the first time this happens to me :(

I try everything, uninstall-reinstall, disconnect gamepad, connected, uninstall gamepad drivers, fullscreen, windowed, verify/repair GOG thing,, windows(10) update, Nvidia Update restart, restart, restart... nothing helps

anyone with more ideas? thanks!

Anti-virus can often be the culprit! Thanks Felderpwnz!

bejiti;n8596600 said:
I can't even complete installation. "Installing MSVC_x64-2015 redistributables" - Installer just freezes on this file.

Any sugestions?

If the problem persists, try manually downloading Visual C++, Visual Studio, and .NET Framework directly from Microsoft.com. Grab everything from 2015 onward and install them all.

I've got a same bug with the exception that I am using Xbox One controller to navigate on PC. It's 100% reproducable on my side.

1. Launch game
2. Push any button on controller to swap input
3. Move mouse so input switches to mouse
4. Second you push anything on controller again, all menus start constantly scrolling left for me

What fixes mouse only for me is launching game, using mouse as last input, exiting game. On next launch using mouse again without toughing gamepad. Controller is 100% broken thought, can't use it to navigate anything at all.

Edit:
What's strange for me is what happens when I am not using the mouse. Reproduction above is for main menu. When launching the game with gamepad inputs only, main manu is working fine. Collection and Trinkets are broken 100% of the time for controller, no matter what. When I swap to mouse and pad again, main menu is scrolling as well.

Last edited:
avham82;n8604170 said:

Sorry I'm a bit drunk and find this a wee bit funny, mostly because I don't even own a controller... :D

FIXED

My internet security suite was blocking Gwent.exe

TKone84;n8596870 said:
Evertime it tries to connect after the welcome screen it says that the connection has a problem. But I'm online.
I repaired the installation and even reinstalled the game. It didn't help.
And besides that I deactivated my internet security but this doesn't seem to be the reason as well.

I got the same problem, also tried the same things to repair it. It didnt help.

Ok, Maybe this can help to find a solution... take a look to this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K99OQLnDYi8&feature=youtu.be

When I use the Windows button It's as if he recognized it (the mouse) and change it, if I hit the button faster I can select things, but if it takes too long to accept the conflict comes back..and some times do nothing.... is a kind of conflict between windows (tab) and the game... this happens with fullscreen or borderless/windowed

I hope this helps to find some solution ;)

Mouse control non-functional in certain menus

If you have an Xbox controller plugged in, mouse does not work:- In Challenges selection, Collection Menu and Crafting / Transmute screen

Quite frustrating. I have a controller plugged in for other games. Yes I could unplug it but this was not an issue prior to pubic beta
Love the game though and it's a minor issue which I'm sure you guys will get fixed. Thanks for all your hard work

d3vil_dant3;n8594370 said:
as title, i can t navigate using my mouse to switch card in my collection, or for trinket and achievements.. is only me??

Same issue here. You can use the arrow and enter keys in the meantime. I even disabled my controller but same issue.

Cannot Get Past the Opening Screen Because of Xbox Keybinding

When I am starting the game, there is showing attached screen and no-key is working.

Attachments

• photo137830.png
    photo137830.png
    652 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom