[PC] Playstation 4 controller

+
[PC] Playstation 4 controller

Hello (it's me again),

There is a small problem with PS4 controller support in Gwent. I know it's PC version and yes, I'm playing on mouse but the problem is that when I enter to "Challenges" mode, while charging my DS4 gamepad, Gwent immediately switch controls to XBOX controller (yup XBOX...) also disabling mouse buttons.
Fortunately I'm still able to move back to menu by pressing ESC key or controller "X" button which seems to be mapped to Xbox's "B", but still I'm unable to play Challenges mode without unplugging my controller.
It's not big deal however it should be fixed at all.

I know this is frustrating, but it's unlikely to be a priority. Simply for ease-of-use reasons, it would be nice for PC users to be able to select which button prompts display. It will likely be something added in toward the end, though. You can certainly send a ticket into CDPR Support with the request, though!

EDIT: Re-reading what you describe, however -- definitely send it in. It might be something they haven't gotten to yet, or it might just be an oversight if the buttons work correctly in other parts of the game.

Last edited:
SigilFey;n8620700 said:
I know this is frustrating, but it's unlikely to be a priority. Simply for ease-of-use reasons, it would be nice for PC users to be able to select which button prompts display. It will likely be something added in toward the end, though. You can certainly send a ticket into CDPR Support with the request, though!

EDIT: Re-reading what you describe, however -- definitely send it in. It might be something they haven't gotten to yet, or it might just be an oversight if the buttons work correctly in other parts of the game.

"Your request was submitted"

Now...we wait. (Cracks open a beer. Realizes it's a Dr. Pepper. Gazes sadly into the distance.)

No Title

SigilFey;n8621950 said:
Now...we wait. (Cracks open a beer. Realizes it's a Dr. Pepper. Gazes sadly into the distance.)

Yup. But like I said. It's not big deal until this problem do not affect online matches and probably no one but me find that problem.
It's more less as inconvenient as (see attachment [evil laugh])

Attachments

• photo137320.jpg
    photo137320.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 70
Fr33c3l;n8622180 said:
It's more less as inconvenient as (see attachment [evil laugh])

I get that all the time as well. You are not alone. ;) I'm also wondering if your config files are borked. Have you tried resetting all controls to default, then verifying / repairing. Or, reinstalling the the game?

Fr33c3l;n8619980 said:
Hello (it's me again),

There is a small problem with PS4 controller support in Gwent. I know it's PC version and yes, I'm playing on mouse but the problem is that when I enter to "Challenges" mode, while charging my DS4 gamepad, Gwent immediately switch controls to XBOX controller (yup XBOX...) also disabling mouse buttons.
Fortunately I'm still able to move back to menu by pressing ESC key or controller "X" button which seems to be mapped to Xbox's "B", but still I'm unable to play Challenges mode without unplugging my controller.
It's not big deal however it should be fixed at all.

Same problem here with XBox controller plugged in: Cannot use mouse in Challenges selection, collection and crafting

SigilFey;n8625850 said:
I get that all the time as well. You are not alone. ;) I'm also wondering if your config files are borked. Have you tried resetting all controls to default, then verifying / repairing. Or, reinstalling the the game?

Well I think DS4Windows applciation (emulates XBOX controller) would solve this issue and I would able to play Gwent on pad but still it's forced option because mouse won' t work anymore. In my opinion it should work like in the other cross platform games such Rocket League where last input from keyboard/mouse/gamepad defines which controller are you using currently.

Top Bottom