Passing a round causes me to pass every round after that instantly, even if I'm ahead

+
Passing a round causes me to pass every round after that instantly, even if I'm ahead

I don't know if I'm just dumb and playing the game wrong, but when I have more points on the board I pass to save cards. Then the other player plays a card, and when it becomes my turn I automatically pass the round right off the bat. I'm not clicking my mouse or touching space bar. It just skips as soon as it's my turn. I had a round wear a guy played almost his entire deck and I never got to go again. It only ended when he passed and won. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm not understanding?

An_Atom;n8646160 said:
Is this a bug, or is there something I'm not understanding?

It's working as intended. When you pass, you cannot play any more cards until the next round.

Oh, wow. So Pass means "Pass entire round", not just "Pass this turn"? If so, can this be made more clear, maybe by renaming the button or expanding the tutorial, or providing some help topics ? thanks.

I have to agree, it wasn't very clear during the tutorial that passing would allow them to play their entire hand out for the round. Also seems a rather strange mechanic to give up, simply because you'd like to postpone using any more cards, making the game a bit more one dimensional.

JustJinxed

Allowing you to pass turns instead of rounds will wreck havoc upon card advantage and tactical thinking. Just spam as many higher powered units as you can and retaliate the last minute.

But if you disagree and want to discuss it further, I suggest making a new topic about it.

Good point ;) I'd just like to see the tutorial explain the pass better. Wasn't evident since the first opponent we play simply passes the round as well. And if my memory serves me right, the second time it happens, the tutorial isn't explaining why the opponent is playing two cards.

I learned the pass mechanic the hard way during chapter 2, which luckily won me the second round since the AI went nearly all in.

Psider;n8935960 said:
Oh, wow. So Pass means "Pass entire round", not just "Pass this turn"? If so, can this be made more clear, maybe by renaming the button or expanding the tutorial, or providing some help topics ? thanks.

that's how Gwent works, and it wouldn't work otherwise. You MUST play a card on your turn, or pass for the round. That's why card advantage is such a big thing - the ability to make more plays without passing, not just the greater impact of playing 3 cards versus playing 2 cards.

It's kinda like blackjack. Once you pass the dealer will start to deal for himself. You can't choose to continue playing after the dealer beats your hand.

MrRagdoll;n8971420 said:
It's kinda like blackjack. Once you pass the dealer will start to deal for himself. You can't choose to continue playing after the dealer beats your hand.

This is a great explanation that I can't believe I've never thought of or come across before. :D

Top Bottom