Loading Screen Bug Have Already Contacted Support

+

Guest 4129750

Loading Screen Bug Have Already Contacted Support

Hi,

I see every time I launch the game, it freezes. The only thing appearing is the CD Projekt Logo and then nothing else happens, the cursor changes to "busy" and I have to forcefully close down Gwent.

I have already submitted the bug through the gwent support web page, however it's been two business days and there is no email from support. My understanding is that there should be a reply by now.

Please advise.

From the support page:

After releases we receive more inquiries than usual and the workload of our embedded technical support team grows proportionally.
Please expect delay in replies.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Without any technical specs, it's difficult to give a solution. Please try the steps below:
  1. Remove all add-ons (GwentUp, Gwent Tracker) and third party overlays (recording software, graphics card GUI software).
  2. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  3. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.)
  4. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86), and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  5. Disable the Galaxy overlay (only for debugging; it should be enabled for buying kegs and inviting friends)
  6. Disable your virus software protection / firewall
  7. Change your language and system's locale to English
  8. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game.

Guest 4129750

Running a Windows 10, 16 GB Ram desktop pc. The game still freezes when launched, while I understand that support might have more workload, I hope they understand I have been completely unable to play the game for three days now.

fw_k

Forum regular
i don't have Chrome installed, and i have a similar problem.
i get an infinite loading screen.. totally black, without the logo, but with a busy cursor. it seems to happen if GOG Galaxy is left to hang unused in the background for a while, but i'm not sure it's relevant.
when i click within the black window, the Win10 dialogue box appears.. "Program stopped responding.. end or wait for it to respond". if i end it, it quits, but keeps freezing the same way during the next start. nothing seems to help.. not if i restart Galaxy, nor the Repair feature.
i think i noticed that when i kill the hanging Gwent from the taskbar (right-click and "close window"), i'm usually able to start up the game normally upon the next start.

Does it make any difference if the game is launched via GOG or desktop shortcut?

Have you tried reinstalling both GOG and Gwent? If not, then you could try that. First uninstall both, restart your computer and then install everything back.

I would also suggest that everyone with this problem contacts to Support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support If possible, try to give them as much information as possible, like how to reproduce this, launching via GOG or desktop shortcut, does it happen every time, randomly or just time to time etc...

Guest 4129750

Support has finally sent me an email, although I contacted them on June 12th, very unacceptable the time they take to reply. I did as they requested but it did not help.
Hope something is done to improve the service.

TrustNoOne100;n8975320 said:
Support has finally sent me an email, although I contacted them on June 12th, very unacceptable the time they take to reply. I did as they requested but it did not help.
Hope something is done to improve the service.

Sorry for the delay, but it can be a triage situation at times. Meaning, the things that definitely can be helped come first. Plus, the number of reports have exponentially increased since the game went into open beta, and there are floods after each update. System-specific issues can be the worst, too.

What they need are 500 Tech Support Reps! And 900 developers!! And...and...1,200 artists!!! :p Maybe in a few weeks...

For now, feel free to post some additional info: your specs, Windows version, the response from Tech Support, what you've already tried, etc. We can do some digging here, too.

Top Bottom