Using witcher 2 assets for other games? is this allowed?

+
Using witcher 2 assets for other games? is this allowed?

After searching for so many details on the internet and such, people keep saying they allow, allow , this and that.

But of yet there is no offical statement on whether or not they really allow it.

i asked one of the dev and here is the response,
http://imageupload.co.uk/files/c47vdwtzi79movqvu86b.png

is this a yes or a no, i am still very confused, there are tons of mods out there on skyrim that is using witcher models and don't get in no troubles.

I also import witcher models into another game, but people are asking for proper permission and screens as proof. i can't just show them (yes its allow from some random internet folks)

more mods with witcher 2 models is becoming more and more, they are almost everywhere, and if you look into their credit list they will say things like Thanks for CD Project Red for giving permission for modders to use their models and stuff rfrom TW2 for any other games, i was like what?

Please help!

@OP
Did you receive it from CDP?
Then I'm afraid you can't use Witcher 2 models into Skyrim, despite CDP has stated once they had no problem with import. So probably they have changed their mind, but for what I am reading, it is possible that there's an issue with Skyrim Devs.

If you want a further confirmation\denial, I can pass you the contact of the Community Manager of this forum: marcin.momot@cdprojektred.com

Unfortunately, he won't answer until the next week, he's not at work.

As far as I know, you should have permission from both the Developers, Bethesda and CDP RED in this case.

Additionally, my personal piece of advice: don't mind to much of what people say here and there in internet. When there's a query about such an important issue, directly contact the person in charge for PR of a Developer Team. Like you did ^^

~ M4xw0lf, then why are there so many witcher2 mods for skyrim?

@ secondchildren,

Thanks for the respond,

i receive the message from one of the dev called Aga, i contacted him by searching his mail on this site. (I don't know if he is part of CDP)

i did tried to contact staff on facebook but they never respond, and its a pain in the ass to contact them.

if you Please do, i am not in a rush, i just want to make things clear, i was hoping to get proper permission or screens to proof it to my modding community so that my mod can stay. (It is currently hidden unless i show them the proof. My mod is only using 1 ported model of the Hedge Knight, that it.

hopefully we will get a response soon

Agnieszka Szostak (Aga) is the PR in charge at CD Projekt RED https://twitter.com/Aga_Szostak
so her answer is "the" answer. I know it isn't what you expected but....

You have not to contact the team on their FB profile page, they won't answer coz FB page is just a public promotional profile. Of course they care of the feedback and they sometimes communicate with the community, but with such an issue you need one personal contact, and there's no one better than Agnieszka to answer.
I am afraid that the Community Manager also might rebouncing you to her. But, it's worthy a try in my opinion and asking never hurts. Send an email to Marcin Momot (or a private message, if you prefer. Here's his forum profile http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/user/33661-mm360/

Alexdragon said:
~ M4xw0lf, then why are there so many witcher2 mods for skyrim?

M4xw0lf can't possibly answer that question, he was simply commenting that the email reads as a "No".

If you need to understand Agnieszka's response, or understanding what's changed, or what she sees as a difference between your request and the earlier ones, have you tried replying directly to her email?

Hey guys, I don't want to you to treat my answer as an official one as well. I will act as a fellow modder. All I can say that you can use the assets. You have to be careful with how you use them, avoid using them in a way that will cause harm to our company in any way. If you're still not sure if you should do this mod, feel free to ask us by e-mailing the details.

E.g. "Hey CDP, I'm creating this and this mod, in this game, I'm doing this and that, is it okay if I use this and that assets?"
I'm sure you'll get your response ;)

Now, you should also know that selling this kind of mods and using them in any way to earn money is strictly forbidden (I'm sure you know that already, just reminding you ;) )

Hold on, didnt Skyrim Monsters mod just did t hat and addedd all the witcher monsters to the game? heck! every weeks top armor model is a recolored witcher armor.

The other guy who makes Skyrim Mods videos made a ton of advertisement and affiliate money over making videos with Witcher Assets :/

At one point, CDPR had explicitly given permission to use their asset in mods, provided said mod was free. Don't know if this has changed.

Putting Videos on youtube will not earn you any money, if you post videos on youtube, youtube will earn money via advertisement, not modders.

We are only using the hedge knight armor, and our mod is free and is going to be free forever, and we will never bring trouble to CDP, thanks to CDP guys for the response, much respect. />

EDIT: We are not like the guys who likes to show off Witcher 2 assets, we give respect to their work and honour

BANAN said:
Hey guys, I don't want to you to treat my answer as an official one as well. I will act as a fellow modder. All I can say that you can use the assets. You have to be careful with how you use them, avoid using them in a way that will cause harm to our company in any way. If you're still not sure if you should do this mod, feel free to ask us by e-mailing the details.

E.g. "Hey CDP, I'm creating this and this mod, in this game, I'm doing this and that, is it okay if I use this and that assets?"
I'm sure you'll get your response ;)/>

Now, you should also know that selling this kind of mods and using them in any way to earn money is strictly forbidden (I'm sure you know that already, just reminding you ;)/> )

Pretty much what BANAN wrote. As long as it's not for commercial use and you're not doing anything offensive with it, we're fine with your creations:)

Top Bottom