Eurogamer Interviews Sapkowski

+
SarahAustin;n8189920 said:
If its a series i might get it, if its just short stories, then no.
Really? I enjoy the short stories immensely. I'd almost venture to say I like them more than the series. "The Last Wish" and "Sword of Destiny" both contain short, sweet, and very important stories. Some contain some very heartbreaking and emotionally intense moments, and have some very good morals. In fact, I believe that almost all of them have valuable and important moral lessons.

It was a nice read, and Sapkowski seemed way more approachable and funny than he is (or seems to be) in other interviews.
I would definetely read new Witcher stories, I would love a new series, however, if it's not a new saga that he has in mind, I would be happy with a book of short stories, too.

I'm not sure about this idea. In 2006 he finished Hussite trilogy and since then, which is 11 years, ha haven't done anything interesting...he released only 2 books - one Viper was totally panned, and Season of storms was average...so can he make a Witcher book that would be as good as the ones he wrote 2 decades ago? I doubt it, but ofc he can do whatever he wants to.

I was crushed at the ending to Lady of the Lake but now I understand. I will continue to read new books and play new games. Screw canon if it comes to that.

Top Bottom