[Book spoilers] What happened to Galahad?

+
[Book spoilers] What happened to Galahad?

Galahad is a knight whom Ciri meets in Lady of the Lake after leaving Geralt and Yen at the Isle of Avalon, and, apparently, and, apparently, develops feelings for. Here's an excerpt from the book for those willing to refresh their memory:
"Come with me to Camelot, Lady Ciri. You have to meet King Arthur, he will show you honour and reverence... I will... I will always love and revere..."
"Get up! Or not. While you are kneeling you can rub my feet, they are hurting terribly. Thank you, you are very kind. I said my feet! Feet end at the ankles."
"Lady Ciri?"
"I'm still here."
"The sun is about to set..."
"That's the truth," Ciri bent down and buckled her shoes, then stood up. "We'll saddle the horses, Galahad. Is there somewhere around here where we can spend the night? Ha! From your look I can see you know this land about as well as me. But no matter, let us set out, whether to sleep in the open or in the woods. Let's not let twilight catch us near the lake. The night will be very cold here... What are you looking at?"
"Oh," she said, looking at the young man blush. "You're smiling at the thought of spending the night in a carpet of moss under a hazel bush? Listen well, young man, I do not have the slightest desire..." She paused, looking at his blush and sparkling eyes. Seeing something there, in his face, which was not really ugly. Something squeezed her stomach and gut, and it was not hunger.
Something is happening to me, she thought. What's wrong with me?
"Do not bother!" she almost cried. "Let's saddle the horses!"
When they were in their saddles, she looked at him and laughed out loud. He looked at her, his eyes filled with amazement and questions.
"Nothing, nothing," she said easily. "It was just something I was thinking. Lead the way, Galahad."
Carpet of moss, she thought, holding back a chuckle. A hazel bush. And me in the role of a fairy. Well, well.
"Lady Ciri..."
"What?"
"Will you come with me to Camelot?"
She held out her hand. He held out his hand. Holding hands, they rode side by side.
By the devil, she thought, why not? I bet any money that this world has jobs for a witcheress.
"Lady Ciri?"
"Let's not talk about it now. Let's ride."
Then, in TW3, Ciri says that "She found herself pursued by Eredin and his Red Riders as soon as she left Geralt and Yen on the Isle"
[video=youtube_share;kBNM9-m2P9Q]https://youtu.be/kBNM9-m2P9Q?t=380[/video].
I know that the events after Lany of the Lake is the point of "divergence" between Pan Andrzej's Saga and the game continuity, but can't help wondering about what happened since, after all, this is the point that connects the games to the Saga. Was there any commentary provided by CDPR on that matter or does it remain a "blank spot" in the story?

While there is clearly something specific that is missing, it's safe to say that she was pursued by the WIld Hunt and had to eventually leave that world. So as the books don't state what happens, I guess CD Projekt didn't see it necessary to include it. Galahad probably had potential but I think CD Projekt was a little worried on merging real life medieval England to fantasy Witcher world. They don't go too indepth on the source of the Catriona Plague (which we know was because Ciri teleported to Europe during the black plague and brought infected fleas unintentionally to the Witcher world) So in the end, Galahad was just a character in another world whom Ciri had to leave because of the Wild Hunt chase.

Top Bottom