Siegfried Of Denesle Easter Egg (?)

+
Siegfried Of Denesle Easter Egg (?)

Hey guys, going through a regular playthrough and noticed something or someone. While scurrying bodies in the Dwarven catacombs looking for loot, I noticed a corpse that was much more fresh looking and somewhat familiar. After a closer look, (This body always bothered me because it looked important at least compared to the rest of the bodies, which are generic and burned.) and evaluation I noticed it was none other than Siegfried! He has the same model and hair seen in the PC version of the game for Witcher 2. I'm on the 360 so I can't really see him in-game. The icing on the cake is he holds a withered flower resembling The Order Of The Flaming Rose. Plus the time gap from the first game was a year ago/ in Henselt's camp a Knight of the same Order accuses his death on Geralt.

Took a screenshot of it. Sorry for the quality: http://i63.tinypic.com/2cep2yc.jpg

Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
It's not Siegfried, Geralt would have recognized him if so, and I don't want to spoil anything, but in one of the expansions of Witcher 3 there is a reference to him (a noticeboard), so canon-wise he is not dead.

I think that's what it would make it an easter egg, though. Geralt not saying anything about it I mean. Because essentially the previous game was for the PC and most references to that game are moderate. Since in Witcher 1 the cannon path is the neutral stance, Siegfried dies in said path. And how he's automatically dead in Witcher 2 UNLESS you have data from the previous game that carried over while taking the Order path.

Yeah I remember that notice board. What confused me is that it's credited to 'Sir Siegfried de Lowe' unless that's a title?

Is that right? Hmm, makes sense since I'm always siding with Vernon Roche. I'm a sucker for him! Such a brilliant character. Don't know much too much of the Iorveth path.

Well thanks for the debunking doods! I love my lore, just had to know what I stumbled on, best regards :)

Top Bottom