Convince me that this is worth playing

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just completed W3 and now moved to W2. I have defeated the kayran and am not sure which storyline to go down. I don't have much time so probably won't be able to do both. I heard Iorveth is the better one?

I have just completed W3 and now moved to W2. I have defeated the kayran and am not sure which storyline to go down. I don't have much time so probably won't be able to do both. I heard Iorveth is the better one?

Kinda hard to tell. Iorveth's path was better "quest wise" IMO, but Roche was just so great character that his path too is worth taking. I don't think that you go wrong, no matter which one you choose.

Phew... you cannot say that one path is "the better one". Both are good. It's down to personal preferences.

Let's see...

- Do you like Iorveth? -> Iorveth
- Do you think that hanging out with friends from your past and being treated kindly is fun? -> Iorveth
- Do you get a sick feeling in your stomach if Zoltan feels depressed and Dandelion gets into mortal danger, and you actually prefer then happy? -> Iorveth
- Do you want to get to know Philippa better? -> Iorveth
- Do you dig lesbians? -> Iorveth
- Do you like watching dreams of others? -> Iorveth
- Do you prefer non-human issues over human squabbles? -> Iorveth
- Would you like to know more about the dragon from the intro? -> Iorveth
- Do you have a soft spot for awesome, phantastic ambience music? -> Iorveth
- Would you like to have sex with a succubus? -> Iorveth
- Do you dig "you're captured" scenes? -> Iorveth
- Do you enjoy sneaking about and hiding from guards? -> Iorveth
- Do you think it's important to know what exactly happened to that Triss, now that she disappeared? -> Iorveth
- Would you like to have an antagonistic meeting with the Nilfs? -> Iorveth
- Do you like a Tolkien-themed dungeon delving? -> Iorveth
- Would you like to investigate a crime? -> Iorveth

- Do you like Roche? -> Roche
- Do you think hanging out in military camps is fun? -> Roche
- Don't you actually not care if Zoltan is depressed and Dandelion in danger? -> Roche
- Do you want to know more about the assassins? -> Roche
- Would you like to get to know Sila, Dethmold and Sabrina more? -> Roche
- Do you prefer human politics over hon-human issues? -> Roche
- Would you like a chance to be the knight in shining armor and rescue Ves in a "damsel in distress" role? -> Roche
- Ever dreamed of punching Roche into the face? -> Roche
- Ever dreamed of getting a chance to totally ruin Roche's life? -> Roche
- Would you like to have sex with Ves? -> Roche
- Would you like to finally get a personal meeting with Odrin? -> Roche
- Would you like to be able to explore the last chapter freely and without worry from guards? -> Roche
- Would you like to have a friendly meeting with the Nilfs? -> Roche
- Do you love lifting curses from kings? -> Roche
- Do you just dig politics and conspiracies? -> Roche

(I prefer the Iorveth path, Checklist might contain bias.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, just got onto Act II and the game has improved alot. Found most of the first act pretty boring and dull. Playing on easy as the combat doesn't seem that fun so don't want to waste time, just focus on the plot.

Don't rush the third act, as there are some really good quests in there if you search a bit.
If you rush straight to the point as I did, you can complete it in less than two hours.

So I have completed the Witcher 2, doing all endings in the process.

Overall it is a very good game, I just wish I played it much earlier. The graphics are good and the storyline/characters are superb. I much prefer the combat in W3. I feel like you get to know the characters better in W3.

The choices were very hard. On Roche's path I felt that saving Triss was the best option as Temeria was already screwed. However on Iorveth's path, I felt going with Philippa over Triss was better. Both paths were very interesting, I hated to see Vergen lose on the Roche path. Vergen was more interesting than the Kaedwen camp however maybe the choices were more interesting in Kaedwen.

I don't understand why everyone loves Triss so much, she wasn't really that much in the game and Yennefer in W3 is much more interesting.

the problem with playing W2 after having first played W3 is that you already know in the back of your head what's gonna happen.

====spoiler alert

your bro Roche wants to kill the rapey old king? yeah, sure, why not, might as well give him the pleasure coz Radovid's gonna off him anyways.

on a more problematic level, the entire Iorveth path turns pointless when you find out what happens via the comics. at least if you save Anais via Natalis, you can hold out hope that yeah, with the Ciri Empress ending Temeria will be a Toussaint-like protectorate with Anais as the titular head.

Convince me that this is worth playing
Best sex scenes in gaming. Triss romance is the best ever in videogames, including other TW games. Awesome artistic direction. The Swordplay FEELS like swordplay. If you are an alchemy hater in other games, this one might just make you find it cool (it did to me anyway).

That's some necro. I sincerely doubt the thread is relevant almost 5,5 years after its posting. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom