x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roche's path in Chapter 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roche's path in Chapter 3

    Is it just me or does Roche's path seem to have a lot more content in chapter 3? When I played Iorveth's path (a while ago, though) chapter 3 felt like the developer's rushed to finished it. Compared to chapter 1 and 2 there seemed to be little quests and it was over soon. On Roche's path chapter 3 felt much more on par with chapter 1 and 2.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rayquorz View Post
    Is it just me or does Roche's path seem to have a lot more content in chapter 3?
    As I recall, the entire quest 'Lilies and Vipers' was added to Chapter III of Roche's path, when the Enhanced Edition of the game was released. This may account for the difference in content. Although, 'The Secrets of Loc Muinne' was also added for Iorveth's path.
    'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

    Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, review the Rules and Regulations of the Forums. Thank you.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think it's rather balanced with both paths (with the Secrets of Loc Muinne)- I did notice that depending on the paths you choose you either get a longer chapter 2 or a longer Chapter 3.

      Comment


      • #4
        If the numbers here are to be believed, there is indeed a fair bit more Roche content in the game than Iorveth. Although it is somewhat understandable given their roles in the story, you meet Iorveth later than Roche, and he needs to hide from the guards in Loc Muinne, so it also makes sense that he is seen less there. The last chapter is indeed rushed, the developers were running out of money and the game had to be released, there was originally even a fourth chapter planned that was cut. The enhanced edition improved the third chapter somewhat with the new quests.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Riven-Twain View Post
          As I recall, the entire quest 'Lilies and Vipers' was added to Chapter III of Roche's path, when the Enhanced Edition of the game was released. This may account for the difference in content. Although, 'The Secrets of Loc Muinne' was also added for Iorveth's path.
          When I played Iorveth's path Secrets of Loc Muinne was already added. Strange though, that CDPR adds more Roche content than Iorveth content.

          Originally posted by ninawindia View Post
          I think it's rather balanced with both paths (with the Secrets of Loc Muinne)- I did notice that depending on the paths you choose you either get a longer chapter 2 or a longer Chapter 3.
          This is an interesting lead for the perceived difference between chapter 2 and 3. Which path would be which?

          Originally posted by sv3672 View Post
          If the numbers here are to be believed, there is indeed a fair bit more Roche content in the game than Iorveth. Although it is somewhat understandable given their roles in the story, you meet Iorveth later than Roche, and he needs to hide from the guards in Loc Muinne, so it also makes sense that he is seen less there. The last chapter is indeed rushed, the developers were running out of money and the game had to be released, there was originally even a fourth chapter planned that was cut. The enhanced edition improved the third chapter somewhat with the new quests.
          Interesting numbers, thanks. It is indeed a pity (though not nearly as pitiful as the rushed chapter 3) that we do not know how much these numbers are influenced by the prologue and chapter 1.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rayquorz View Post
            This is an interesting lead for the perceived difference between chapter 2 and 3. Which path would be which?
            Iorveth's path in Ch 2 is noticeably longer.
            Even after EE, you're still most likely going to finish the game 2-3 levels higher should you decide to follow Iorveth.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rayquorz View Post
              This is an interesting lead for the perceived difference between chapter 2 and 3. Which path would be which?
              Roach's Ch 2 felt longer. Mainly since it took me forever to understand where I need to go and what I need to do. A lot of small quests to fill around it. Iorveth felt a lot a shorter and quicker (Less items to find in the symbol of war).

              I felt like Iorveth had a longer chapter 3, with all the stone puzzles available and Philippa's room and quests there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rayquorz View Post
                Interesting numbers, thanks. It is indeed a pity (though not nearly as pitiful as the rushed chapter 3) that we do not know how much these numbers are influenced by the prologue and chapter 1.
                For Iorveth vs. Roche, I also have the numbers for each chapter from an older post:
                Prologue (Iorveth / Roche): 0 / 130
                Chapter 1: 174 / 180
                Chapter 2: 99 / 168
                Chapter 3: 104 / 241
                Misc. (voice set, default dialogue): 52 / 77

                Of course, these are only for the characters themselves, and do not necessarily mean that Iorveth's path is lacking in quest content. Other characters may play a larger role, like Philippa in Chapter 2.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hmm. Seems Iorveth is an elf of few words.
                  'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

                  Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, review the Rules and Regulations of the Forums. Thank you.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X