x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Combat Rebalance 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Combat Rebalance 2

One of the most prominent modders of the first Witcher, Andrzej Kwiatkowski (modding scene nickname – Flash), who’s currently working with us as a Gameplay Designer, is finishing his own mod that tweaks the combat and alters some parts of gameplay of The Witcher 2. Here are just a few features that his upcoming mod will include:

- overall purpose of the mod is to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility
    - Geralt can parry attacks while he’s walking and running (new animations)
    - Geralt reacts faster to keyboard/gamepad buttons
    - active block was replaced by active Quen
    - during heavy battle Geralt uses pirouettes and focus (new animations)
    - difficulty levels were rebalanced
    - Geralt does not “bump” away from opponent’s swords when his attacks are parried which allows quick continuation of the attack sequence
    - opponents explode when particular attacks are used, e.g. Igni causes opponent explosion, just like in The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition intro
    - elixirs have negative influence

Flash said that he will release this awesome mod in the next two weeks. Personally, I can’t wait!
    Last edited by Marcin_Momot; 15-05-13, 18:24.

This sounds very much like an improvement to the already good game. It addresses the gripes I have with the combat system. Looking forward to it!!

Comment

Holy sheet!! (intentional wrong spelling)

Comment

Omfg 0_0 question tho, will it be a mod that can be incorporated into the game or will each mod still have to be run separately?
        Last edited by sidspyker; 15-05-13, 20:47.

Comment

If he's in your crew, why is that a mod and not something that was already there?

Is that something that he thought of afterwards? just curious.

Comment

Is Redkit going to get those tools he's using too?

Comment

- It will be a mod, not a patch so it won't be integrated with the game.
              - It's more than a year after the release of Xbox version of the game and EE version for PC. I have yet to play the game for fun at home, not as a part of work. For this first fan playthrough, in my spare time, I'm changing the game to my liking.
              - I've completely moved from dev version of editor to Redkit. Everything needed to make the mod is available in it.

Comment

- Geralt can parry attacks while he’s walking and running (new animations)
                - during heavy battle Geralt uses pirouettes and focus (new animations)

If animations is supported by the current version of the 3Ds max script could you then please write a guide how the animations are setup?

Comment

That's a question for animators. I don't know anything about it :-)
                  Mod uses 6 animations that are not among TW2 assets, others are already included with Redkit.

Comment

Any chance you could write down some small guides about this stuff?
                    Last edited by Joppe; 16-05-13, 02:09.

Comment

good to hear from you again Flash. I'm a big fan of your mod back in the witcher 1 days so I can't wait to use your new mod (Hopefully very soon, than later lol)

Comment

Really exciting news! I had no idea Flash got hired as a Gameplay Designer, I guess it explains why The Witcher 3's combat is sounding like it'll fix all the issues people had.

Was hoping to use the mod for a 3rd playthough, it's a shame it can't be integrated into the game. Thanks for taking the time to do this though!

Comment

Sweet Jebus! I had lost hope Flash would get around to a combat rebalance for TW2. This is great news. Which I will now spread the world over.

Comment

Well you didn't let me down with TW1 or Dragon Age, so I'm highly looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash
                              - It will be a mod, not a patch so it won't be integrated with the game.
                              I meant if it can run with other mods, because right now we can only run 1 mod module at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X