Why does TW2 look and feel so different?

+
Why does TW2 look and feel so different?

It looks more fantasy-like I admit (Flotsam forest, Vergen, Loc Muinne etc.), the slavic atmosphere is all but gone

I actually prefer it but its definitely a very jarring change, TW1+TW3 feel more similiar

Anyone know the reason? Regional differences?

I felt the same way from the beginning when I started to play TW2 back in time. I think the music style changed a big way which is affected the whole atmosphere.
I don't think that is caused by regional differences, because in Skellige I feel the same slavic atmosphere with some nordic taste because of the region.

Witcher 1 was more open world than witcher 2, at least that's how I remember it. Hence why witcher 3 doesn't feel like the second one but more like the first game.

Witcher 1 was more open world than witcher 2, at least that's how I remember it. Hence why witcher 3 doesn't feel like the second one but more like the first game.

I don't think its the open world TW2's atmosphere and world just feels very different
Its more fantasy

Yup. It's the atmosphere, music, visual style. Second one is somehow more colorful & unreal at the same time. Most of locations are not "ordinary", even if Flotsam look ordinary it is placed in the middle of fantasy forest. W1 and W3 feel more like a real world with it's dirt and grittiness. In comparison with W2 they seems dull & "down to earth" which, in fact, is more in the spirit of the novels, and is true to the "witcher atmosphere". For most of the time they're more like real middle age than full-on fantasy, which W2 resembles.

Top Bottom