Kayran: Can someone please kill the kayran for me? :(

+
Hi everyone. I am fenwe2, and I am having similar problems killing the Kayran as Kaleigh23. I fight the Beast on Easy Difficulty, because I die on higher Difficulties. I have no problems chopping off the 1st three tentacles. But when it comes time for a ride on the big tentacle after that is where I keep having epic failures. So, after chopping off the 1st three tentacles, the big one swings at me, automatically swoops me onto it, and whether I fill the hack box or not, the tentacle always drops me off before I get to the part of the swing where I am supposed to press "Space" and jump off myself. I have done it over and over, ad naseum, and am ready to stop playing because I dont like RPGs that have "impossible to kill" Boss Monsters because I suck at killing them. So could someone please explain to me either how to get past the point in which I fail to kill the beast, or help me out with this "save after the beast is dead" thing that I have been reading about in this thread? I really need the help because this is a great game and I am not going to fruitlessly attempt to kill a Boss Monster that I have no chance to kill. Thanks so much.

fenwe2;n7914230 said:
Hi everyone. I killed the Kayran with the help of a hardware adjustment.
Glad you were able to find a solution, and congratulations on your victory! Sorry no-one was available to help earlier, but it's been rather slow over here lately.

RidiculousName;n9474621 said:
Killed the monster for you, sending savefile as PM soon. :)

Hadn't played the game in months and months, so it was fun to jump straight into a boss battle. :D

Thanks dude, you're a lifesaver :D:D:D:D:D

Hi there,

I am playing this gem on mac & via steam and have the same issue, that my mouse just won't fill up that bar to unlock the final killing sequence which makes the bridge collapse.
I have also treid playing with graohics and mouse settings or even smashing that LMB in various frequences, but no success.

Can someone take my savegame as well and send it through once the monster is killed? :(

Heres' the link
[url]https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8a79ff6f8a4b3966f839fb64786fc7ab20171116000923/07f166c4b4281ea09b53cf0df097630b20171116000923/383843[/URL]

I really hope people still come by every now and then for this post.

T

hoffontim

I wonder if savefiles made on Mac are compatible with Windows.

If they are, and if no one has replied to you by this evening, I'll be able to at least try to help you. (Don't have the game on this computer.)

SOLVED! You have to set the graphic resolution settings down. It worked with 1024x768 pixels and lowest graphics settings for me! It's ridiculous but it works!
I had a pretty high clicks per day rate today :D well at least it worked out in the end! thank RidiculousName for offering help!

hoffontim;n9846361 said:
SOLVED! You have to set the graphic resolution settings down. It worked with 1024x768 pixels and lowest graphics settings for me! It's ridiculous but it works!
I had a pretty high clicks per day rate today :D well at least it worked out in the end! thank RidiculousName for offering help!

It is mentioned here that the QTE is buggy on slow machines, and interestingly also that clicking too much can make the problem worse, which is not what one would expect. The removal of QTEs in the next game is a welcome change in any case.

Can someone please kill the kayran for me, I have tried over 50 times on lowest settings but QTE just won't work it just shows the left mouse button and throws Geralt off the tentacle. Here is my savegame:

Last edited:
Top Bottom