Help with some questions

+
Help with some questions

So, I've just finished the game which I consider to be a true masterpiece but I have some questions :

1. From what I've understood Letho was captured by the Nilfgaardians when he was helping Yennefer recover and was given the mission to bring the Northern Kingdooms to their knees in exchange for the reestablishement of the School of Viper .Now, Letho had to kill the kings of the northern kingdoms, right ? But how does he get in touch withe Sile ? I remember the sorceress saying in the Epilogue that Letho was ''available'' or something like this. I also remember that he knew about the Sorceresses Lodge from Yennefer but I still don't get how he ended up working with Sile.

2. Did Sile told the truth in the Epilogue when she was about to teleport ? About Letho being on its own when he killed Foltest and that the Lodge didn't command such a thing ? She said that they used Letho to kill Demevand because he wasn't a good enough king for Aedirn which was falling apart during his reign and the Lodge wanted to save Aedirn.

3. How did Letho got to work with the Scoia'tael and Iorveth ? He said that Yorveth helped him to kill Foltest (which was pretty obvious since you can see Scoia'tael boats rescuing Letho from La Valetta) and to hide afterwards.

4. Why Letho betrayed Scoia'tael ? I remember he said that he saw Iorveth as being too clever and imposible to manipulate but in fairness what did Letho really want from Scoita'tael rather than help in hiding from those who now were hunting him (not too many as the majority thought that Geralt did kill Foltest) ? Did Iorveth wanted something in exchange for the Scoia'tael help ?? I know that he was speaking about a struggle against the humans ( in Flotsam 'cause since then at the elven ruins I haven't seen him) so maybe he wanted Letho's help in some kind of war ?

Thanks in advice ! And I'm sorry for my grammar mistakes as I'm not a native speaker .

Last edited:
So, I've just finished the game which I consider to be a true masterpiece but I have some questions :

1. From what I've understood Letho was captured by the Nilfgaardians when he was helping Yennefer recover and was given the mission to bring the Northern Kingdooms to their knees in exchange for the reestablishement of the School of Viper .Now, Letho had to kill the kings of the northern kingdoms, right ? But how does he get in touch withe Sile ? I remember the sorceress saying in the Epilogue that Letho was ''available'' or something like this. I also remember that he knew about the Sorceresses Lodge from Yennefer but I still don't get how he ended up working with Sile.

I'm not sure if it's ever made clear who contacted whom, but it was a similar approach to the one with Iorveth - Letho offering to kill a king the Lodge wanted rid of. The Lodge thought they were getting a dumb oaf, Letho was just using them. Contacting them would have been easy, the Nilfgaardians knew who were members, and both Sile and Philippa were public figures and therefore accessible.

2. Did Sile told the truth in the Epilogue when she was about to teleport ? About Letho being on its own when he killed Foltest and that the Lodge didn't command such a thing ? She said that they used Letho to kill Demevand because he wasn't a good enough king for Aedirn which was falling apart during his reign and the Lodge wanted to save Aedirn.

She was probably telling the truth, at least as far as she knew it.

3. How did Letho got to work with the Scoia'tael and Iorveth ? He said that Yorveth helped him to kill Foltest (which was pretty obvious since you can see Scoia'tael boats rescuing Letho from La Valetta) and to hide afterwards.

That was a cutscene just after the prologue - not sure if it's still there in EE? Letho made his way to Iorveth's cave near Flotsam, with Demavend's head in a sack, and promised to give him more like it if Iorveth could provide assistance.

4. Why Letho betrayed Scoia'tael ? I remember he said that he saw Iorveth as being too clever and imposible to manipulate but in fairness what did Letho really want from Scoita'tael rather than help in hiding from those who now were hunting him (not too many as the majority thought that Geralt did kill Foltest) ? Did Iorveth wanted something in exchange for the Scoia'tael help ?? I know that he was speaking about a struggle against the humans ( in Flotsam 'cause since then at the elven ruins I haven't seen him) so maybe he wanted Letho's help in some kind of war ?

It wasn't really clear in the detail. Iorveth was definitely getting suspicious of Letho's motives, and Letho would still have needed the Scoia'tel's help against Henselt. But yes, speculating (not in the game) - maybe Iorveth wanted Letho to help Saskia, maybe Letho heard the elves grumbling about being in Vergen and thought wrongly that he could get them to oust Iorveth.

So, Letho saw both the Scoia'tael and the Lodge as potential allies ( cause both wanted the kings dead ) and used them to fulfill his objective ? And so he used the Lodge as a scapegoat and somehow the Squirells turned out to be smarter than they seemed at first ('cause they realized that Letho is only pursuing his objective and doesn't give a shit about Scoia'tael struggle with the humans) and thus Letho decided to break-up with them ?

I'm not sure that I'd describe it quite like this:
and somehow the Squirells turned out to be smarter than they seemed at first ('cause they realized that Letho is only pursuing his objective and doesn't give a shit about Scoia'tael struggle with the humans) and thus Letho decided to break-up with them ?

Iorveth sees Witchers as being "humans", so I think that he was automatically suspicious, and not as co-operative as Letho had hoped. Also, Iorveth was starting to get involved in Saskia's revolution, which Letho would probably have seen as a distraction.

Letho didn't decide to break up completely with the Scoia'tel, he just wanted to cause Iorveth to be replaced by someone more manageable. Unfortunately for him, he picked someone who was loyal to Iorveth (the prisoner in the barge).

So, Letho wanted to cooperate with Scoia'tael still but Iorveth wasn't really the kind of person that is easy driven away so he planned to kill Iorveth but he needed an ally so he chose Ciaran which was (unfortunately) loyal to Iorveth and things took a bad turn for Letho. So, in the Henselt assassination plan neither the Squirells nor the Lodge did help Letho ? As I can't remember if Sile had something to do with this but I remember that she didn't agree with the necromancy spell on the assassin's corpse so maybe she had something to hide and also the assassins told Letho that they don't need Sile anymore and Letho said that they broke up up the Squirells so this means that the kingslayers (soon to be) were on their own alongside Letho, right ?

Minor quibble, it's stated in the game that Letho escaped from Aedirn after killing Demavend with the aid of Iorveth's Scoiatael, so I think it's probable that the Viper was introduced to the Scoiatael by Philippa or Sile, and lent their aid before he actually met Iorveth in that cutscene. It seems fairly obvious to me (from this and many other hints) that the Lodge were using the Scoiatael (with Iorveth and Saskia's permission) to destabilise Aedirn in their attempt to take over the country.

I suspect the Valley of Flowers had a hand in this.

Edit: The Lodge only wanted Aedirn and the Pontar, the other kings were safe from the Lodge, though there is some conjecture that Henselt was made sterile by the Lodge, possibly Sabrina before her death. That's speculation though.

Last edited:
So, in the Henselt assassination plan neither the Squirells nor the Lodge did help Letho ? As I can't remember if Sile had something to do with this but I remember that she didn't agree with the necromancy spell on the assassin's corpse so maybe she had something to hide and also the assassins told Letho that they don't need Sile anymore and Letho said that they broke up up the Squirells so this means that the kingslayers (soon to be) were on their own alongside Letho, right ?

Correct. The Scoia'tel were pissed off with Letho because he slaughtered Ciaran's group, and the Lodge had discovered they were being used after Foltest was killed. Sile was at Henselt's camp to protect Henselt, because she knew that he was probably the next target.

So, The Lodge did pursue to create an independent state rulled by magic and so they did support Saskia and Iorveth in the uprising against Henselt so they can also create a state in which humans and non-humans can live together pacefully. So that's why the Lodge had Letho kill Demavend, to secure Pontar Valley from Aedirn. However, doing so Letho hit a jackpot as he completes his objective (to destabilize the northern kingdoms) and also finds a scapegoat in The Lodge who ordered a regicide. That means that the Lodge and The Squirells were a common ally and not two separated ones. I still haven't played the Iorveth path so I may find something interesting when I do .

Edit : Wait, you kind of lost me when you said that the The Lodge discovered they were used after Foltest's death. But the Scoia'tael did help Letho there, right ? So does that mean that the Squirells were separate from the Lodge now ? And why would Sile be against Henselt's death ? I mean, the king wanted the Pontar Valley but the Lodge did the same...

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's ever made clear who contacted whom, but it was a similar approach to the one with Iorveth - Letho offering to kill a king the Lodge wanted rid of. The Lodge thought they were getting a dumb oaf, Letho was just using them.
That's not quite accurate. At the very end before you fight Letho , you can ask him that and he answers that he was doing some work for Sile and pretended to be dumb oaf, he even says and I quote "I couldn't believe my luck when Sile asked me to kill Demavend". How and why he get in touch with Sile in first place is not clear.

That's not quite accurate. At the very end before you fight Letho , you can ask him that and he answers that he was doing some work for Sile and pretended to be dumb oaf, he even says and I quote "I couldn't believe my luck when Sile asked me to kill Demavend". How and why he get in touch with Sile in first place is not clear.

Fair enough. :)
I agree, it isn't clear why Sile would have approached Letho. But presumably there were other Nilfgaardian agents around, maybe dropping some hints here and there.

Edit : Wait, you kind of lost me when you said that the The Lodge discovered they were used after Foltest's death. But the Scoia'tael did help Letho there, right ? So does that mean that the Squirells were separate from the Lodge now ? And why would Sile be against Henselt's death ? I mean, the king wanted the Pontar Valley but the Lodge did the same...

The Squirrels and the Lodge are totally separate, it just happened that they had a common objective in the case of Aedirn. (Play the Iorveth side - it'll be clearer then :) ). Iorveth wouldn't have mentioned anything to The Lodge about the plan to kill Foltest because he'd have known they wouldn't have wanted it.

Top Bottom