Is it just the prologue or is Dark Mode not too hard for an experienced player

+
Is it just the prologue or is Dark Mode not too hard for an experienced player

Yesterday I finished my first playhthrough of The Witcher 2 EE (Roche Path/ hard difficulty) .... what a great game. Today I had some fun with the arena mode and in a brave mood I decided to start a new game on Dark Difficulty.

In my first playthrough I got my ass handed to me by many of the enemy groups within the prologue (later, too). I had a real hard time readjusting from the fighting system of Witcher 1 to that of Witcher 2.

Now I'm ploughing my way through the enemies, many of them die after a 2-3 hits... is that normal on Dark Difficulty or what is going on? :sad:

Edit: I've just read... starting a new game with mods enabled from the start can create a bug that makes Geralt deliver much more damage... do you know something about this?

Last edited:
Yes mods can have an adverse affect on the combat . What mods do you currently have installed . Lykaon is a known offender .

Only one mod: Extreme Quality Flora v1... and it is really the reason for this bug: I do ~58 damage instead of ~12 at the beginning. When I start the game without it, save, leave the game, enable the mod and restart, everything seems fine... this is weird shit. I just hope that this method solves this problem for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Only one mod: Extreme Quality Flora v1... and it is really the reason for this bug: I do ~58 damage instead of ~12 at the beginning. When I start the game without it, save, leave the game, enable the mod and restart, everything seems fine... this is weird shit. I just hope that this method solves this problem for the rest of the game.

Should solve it, and yes, as you say, a known issue.

Top Bottom