CD-keys for GOG backup copies

+
CD-keys for GOG backup copies

CDP Red will be handing out cd-keys for the GOG backup copies . However be prepared to show proof of purchase such as a receipt or Proof of Purchase confirmation email .

If you have deleted your email confirmation - The place where you bought your copy may have a proof of purchase but you probably have to login to that account to retrieve it .

I generally save all online proof of purchase confirmations so if you do this then look in your Documents folder for such a save .

what about us who bought the boxed version like i did here in sweden its the version 2 of the game,there is no cdkey in the box,I do have reged my copy on the witcher server under this account. How can they ask for a cdkey when there is none in the box,they must know about this or atleast check with the ones who made the boxed version.what shall I do ?
I have sent an email to the support team but never got any answer.

I bought the retail version in the US and I have a CD-key printed on the back of the manual. Is this what I need to register? :)

I got version 2.0 and i just looked there is no cdkey what so ever anywhere in the box or manual or inside the dvd case grrrrr

I bought the Collectors Edition online from Amazon.com and have a CD Key printed on the back of the User Manual.

WardDragon said:
I bought the retail version in the US and I have a CD-key printed on the back of the manual. Is this what I need to register? :)
With GOG yes that`s what you will need .

benke50 said:
I got version 2.0 and i just looked there is no cdkey what so ever anywhere in the box or manual or inside the dvd case grrrrr
Did you get it online or brick and mortar store ?

Tommy said:
Steam copies are already digital and as such would be available to redownload from steam . So no need to back them up .

Wait. Does that mean if we bought a copy from steam, we cant get the backup at GoG? Didnt they say in the stream "No matter where you bought the game, you will have a digital backup copy at GOG.com". I only learned about GoG after I bought it from steam and I know its far superior to the steam one in addition to all the extra's the GoG copy gets you. I have receipts and documentation of my steam purchase and I was looking forward to trying the GoG version of the game for various reasons including not having to re-download the entire game every time there is a patch.

sstrike said:
Wait. Does that mean if we bought a copy from steam, we cant get the backup at GoG? Didnt they say in the stream "No matter where you bought the game, you will have a digital backup copy at GOG.com". I only learned about GoG after I bought it from steam and I know its far superior to the steam one in addition to all the extra's the GoG copy gets you. I have receipts and documentation of my steam purchase and I was looking forward to trying the GoG version of the game for various reasons including not having to re-download the entire game every time there is a patch.

Just to be on the safe side i`ll find out what i can .

Tommy said:
Just to be on the safe side i`ll find out what i can .

Uhh, yes please.

There are several good reasons why Steam users are wanting this, and expecting it to happen, and there's already a fair amount of discussion going on in the Steam forums about how to get your CD-key. If "available to everyone" turns out to mean "available to everyone except Steam users", you guys had better gird your loins for a significant amount of fury. There's already enough people in the Steam community feeling that we're being treated as second-class customers because of the other issues. This could be the last straw.

dragonbird said:
Uhh, yes please.

There are several good reasons why Steam users are wanting this, and expecting it to happen, and there's already a fair amount of discussion going on in the Steam forums about how to get your CD-key. If "available to everyone" turns out to mean "available to everyone except Steam users", you guys had better gird your loins for a significant amount of fury. There's already enough people in the Steam community feeling that we're being treated as second-class customers because of the other issues. This could be the last straw.

Thanks for the post and i`ll do what i can . Drawn and quartered and neutered doesn`t sound to appealing at the moment .

Steam users already got the backdoor treatment. As a forced Steam user myself, I hope they get all the fixes needed.

How do we contact CDP Red regarding the cd keys for steam users who can provide proof of purchase?
if we need to email them, i hope you can provide the email for us.

and When should we do that, on the 17th and after, or now?

Top Bottom