Sword is unsheathed when I cast a sign

+
Sword is unsheathed when I cast a sign

I am playing Act 1 of Witcher 2 Enhanced edition, retail version (discs) on the PC and since I killed the Kayran my sword (sometimes steel, sometimes silver) is automatically unsheathed whenever I cast a sign using Q or the assigned number. Only after the sword is unsheathed am I able to cast the sign. I tried reassigning the sign keys and then reloading the game but it still happens. Maybe something is wrong with the .ini file but I thought this would be corrected by reloading the game. I have tried to go back to earlier saves but it now happens with the saves before the Kayran episode. I haven't seen anything written about this bug but I wonder if someone out there can help me fix this as it is very cumbersome to play like this and the guards keep coming after me for drawing my sword inappropriately.

Shishya , I don't remember it ever being otherwise. I may be mistaken, but, as far as I recall from my last play, the sword was always unsheathed to cast a sign, except for lighting braziers, and special quest situations.

Top Bottom