In collaboration with CD Projekt RED's Pawel Burza (@Burza46) and @Marcin Momot, I've compiled the following FAQ for the forthcoming GOTY Edition of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, releasing on August 30th. Here you'll find some useful official answers to basic questions about the new edition.
Many thanks to Pawel and Marcin for all the information, and, as ever, congratulations and thanks to the entire RED Team for all of their hard work over the past year!
All the best,
GOTY/Complete Edition FAQ
1. What is the GOTY/Complete Edition?
The Game of the Year Edition includes the critically acclaimed base game, both expansion packs -- Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine -- and every piece of downloadable content, as well as every update and improvement ever released. This is a physical disc collection.
The Game of The Year Edition contains:
• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
• The Hearts of Stone Expansion
• The Blood and Wine Expansion
• The 16 free DLCs
• An update with various fixes and improvements (The patch will also be available for everyone who has the base game – it will be published once the GOTY Edition goes live).
2. Is this an ‘Enhanced Edition’?
A: No. This edition includes all of the previous fixes, improvements, DLC’s and expansions.
3. Does the GOTY/Complete Edition add any new content to the game?
A: The GOTY Edition does not include any additional unpublished content, so if you have the base game and the expansions, you technically have the same content as the GOTY Edition
4. Are fixes and additions from the previous patches included?
5. On what platforms is it being released (PC, PS4, Xbox One)?
A: The game will release on PC (Windows), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
6. Can I transfer my existing saves or do I need to start over?
A: If you own the base game on PC and you want to buy the GOTY Edition your game saves will work.
However, if you own the base game on consoles (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and you want to buy the GOTY Edition, our suggestion is to buy the Season Pass instead. Should you buy the GOTY Edition, game saves from your base game will not work because the system treats the GOTY Edition as a separate product.
7. Where can I buy the GOTY/Complete Edition?
A: Check your local retailers and buy.thewitcher.com for availability!
8. Is there a GOTY Strategy Guide included?
A: No. ***Update: Although not included in the boxed edition,The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition Strategy Guide is available separately from Prima Games.
9. Is there a GOTY Collector’s Edition?
A: No. There's only one box version.
10. What is the changelog for the GOTY Patch? (What’s fixed/improved? Is it just bug-fixes?)
A: The changelog for the GOTY Patch will be released before the patch itself. The changelog may be viewed here.
11. How many discs are there? How large is the install?
A: PC: 6 DVDs.
PS4: 1 Blu-ray Disc.
Xbox One: 1 Blu-ray Disc.
12. Is there a GOTY Complete Soundtrack, including the music from Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine?
A: No. The soundtracks are available on Spotify and other streaming services. **Update: Soundtracks for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine (MP3 and FLAC) are also available for download on GOG.com to those who purchase the GOTY digitally, and for players who already own the two expansions. They are also available on Steam and Origin:
A: A short user manual and discs. Some boxes will contain wolf stickers which were randomly distributed (not all).
14. Can I get the boxed Gwent cards with the GOTY Edition?
A: No. The decks were included with the limited boxed edition of Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine only.