GOTY/Complete Edition FAQ

+

Greetings, all,
In collaboration with CD Projekt RED's Pawel Burza
(
Burza46 ) and Marcin_Momot , I've compiled the following FAQ for the forthcoming GOTY Edition of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, releasing on August 30th. Here you'll find some useful official answers to basic questions about the new edition.

Many thanks to Pawel and Marcin for all the information, and, as ever, congratulations and thanks to the entire RED Team for all of their hard work over the past year!

All the best,
~Riven

1. What is the GOTY/Complete Edition?

The Game of the Year Edition includes the critically acclaimed base game, both expansion packs -- Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine -- and every piece of downloadable content, as well as every update and improvement ever released. This is a physical disc collection.

The Game of The Year Edition contains:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
• The Hearts of Stone Expansion
• The Blood and Wine Expansion
• The 16 free DLCs
• An update with various fixes and improvements (The patch will also be available for everyone who has the base game – it will be published once the GOTY Edition goes live).

2. Is this an ‘Enhanced Edition’?

A: No. This edition includes all of the previous fixes, improvements, DLC’s and expansions.

3. Does the GOTY/Complete Edition add any new content to the game?

A: The GOTY Edition does not include any additional unpublished content, so if you have the base game and the expansions, you technically have the same content as the GOTY Edition

4. Are fixes and additions from the previous patches included?

A: Yes.

5. On what platforms is it being released (PC, PS4, Xbox One)?

A: The game will release on PC (Windows), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

6. Can I transfer my existing saves or do I need to start over?

A: If you own the base game on PC and you want to buy the GOTY Edition your game saves will work.

However, if you own the base game on consoles (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and you want to buy the GOTY Edition, our suggestion is to buy the Season Pass instead. Should you buy the GOTY Edition, game saves from your base game will not work because the system treats the GOTY Edition as a separate product.

7. Where can I buy the GOTY/Complete Edition?

A: Check your local retailers and buy.thewitcher.com for availability!

8. Is there a GOTY Strategy Guide included?

A: No. ***Update: Although not included in the boxed edition,The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition Strategy Guide is available separately from Prima Games.

9. Is there a GOTY Collector’s Edition?

A: No. There's only one box version.

10. What is the changelog for the GOTY Patch? (What’s fixed/improved? Is it just bug-fixes?)

A: The changelog for the GOTY Patch will be released before the patch itself. The changelog may be viewed here.

11. How many discs are there? How large is the install?

A: PC: 6 DVDs.
PS4: 1 Blu-ray Disc.
Xbox One: 1 Blu-ray Disc.

12. Is there a GOTY Complete Soundtrack, including the music from Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine?

A: No. The soundtracks are available on Spotify and other streaming services. **Update: Soundtracks for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine (MP3 and FLAC) are also available for download on GOG.com to those who purchase the GOTY digitally, and for players who already own the two expansions. They are also available on Steam and Origin:
The soundtracks for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine are now available for download on GOG.com, Steam and Origin!

13. Are there any extras included in the box?

A: A short user manual and discs. Some boxes will contain wolf stickers which were randomly distributed (not all).

14. Can I get the boxed Gwent cards with the GOTY Edition?

A: No. The decks were included with the limited boxed edition of Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine only.

Last edited:
Sorry if it got answered somewhere already, but I own the base game and the expansion pass on gog, is it possible to get the GOTY edition as "bought"? I mean, there really is no difference between these versions.

Soundtracks for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine (MP3 and FLAC) are also available for download on GOG.com to thosewho purchase the GOTY digitally, and for players who already own the two expansions. (Additional details pending.)
PS4 users?

Last edited:
Sorry if it got answered somewhere already, but I own the base game and the expansion pass on gog, is it possible to get the GOTY edition as "bought"? I mean, there really is no difference between these versions.

I would very much like to know that also, because it would give us a unified setup for all patch levels and all DLCs. I read that there are unified installers coming from 1.30, but for the base game owners there will likely still be separate DLC setups. I'd like to have a single executable.

It seems like there are only english version of OST with vocals, i would really want a Polish version of BaW and HoS songs

Why GOTY have version 1.31 after applying patches from gog, From physical it's 1.30 . Changelog 1.31 patch pls.
View attachment 68480
Without patch 1.31 old saves from 1.24 not working with GOTY gog version. So sadly, it's need really big update, this is PC , why not work the old save and write that they have been made in newer versions of the game?
FAQ 6. Can I transfer my existing saves or do I need to start over?

A: If you own the base game on PC and you want to buy the GOTY Edition your game saves will work.

Lie//

Attachments

• aGLrc0S.png
    aGLrc0S.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
PS4 users?

Yes, i just bought it, and have it actually with me. CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME LATER ON...

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

It seems like there are only english version of OST with vocals, i would really want a Polish version of BaW and HoS songs

The package of my PS4 GOTY edition says:

Subtitles: EN, FR, DE, PL, IT, ES

Voice-overs
: EN, FR

Downloadable Voice-overs: DE, PL

Because on the PS4 you would download all the patches again until 1.30. (that's over 23GB)

And i don't like that!

-----------

Also my PC can't handle the Witcher 3, and i did not purchase it digitally.

I want to have it on a disc. (Completely mine) I don't want to bother with internet connection problems and speeds.

That's why i purchased a hard copy of the GOTY on PS4. ;)

I figured out problem with save. Its because Nvidia Ansel patch. Saves before patch 1.24 working with physical copy GOTY , but after 1.24 not.

Hello......i've a ps4 console and i've 2 questions:

-Patch 1.31 is included in goty edition? or dowloaded?

- Patch 1.31 is only for the goty edition or also for the standard edition?

I just picked up my Complete Edition of TW3 for the Xbox One and was SORELY disappointed to see that NONE of my save files from my original TW3 can be used on the Complete Edition. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY GOOD TO KNOW, CDPR! I've installed and updated both versions, have all the same DLC and Expansions, and I still can't use my saves. I just powered through TW3 from scratch a couple of weeks ago for the express purposes of A: Enjoying a thoroughly KICK ASS GAME and B: To set up my New Game Plus for all future playthroughs. I can't begin to express how completely aggravating and deflating it was to find out that all that hard work is for naught with the Complete Edition. I'm no programmer but if you guys at CDPR can figure out how to port saves between entirely separate games then it CANNOT be any harder to figure out how to let us use our original saves on this Complete Edition.

Having said that, I'm still glad I got the Complete Edition. No more having to redownload all my DLC from the marketplace if something happens and it all gets deleted. So thanks for putting that out, CDPR, and I can't wait to see what you all do next. If this Cyberpunk thing is anything like TW3, you got nothing to worry about.

I just picked up my Complete Edition of TW3 for the Xbox One and was SORELY disappointed to see that NONE of my save files from my original TW3 can be used on the Complete Edition. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY GOOD TO KNOW, CDPR! I've installed and updated both versions, have all the same DLC and Expansions, and I still can't use my saves. I just powered through TW3 from scratch a couple of weeks ago for the express purposes of A: Enjoying a thoroughly KICK ASS GAME and B: To set up my New Game Plus for all future playthroughs. I can't begin to express how completely aggravating and deflating it was to find out that all that hard work is for naught with the Complete Edition. I'm no programmer but if you guys at CDPR can figure out how to port saves between entirely separate games then it CANNOT be any harder to figure out how to let us use our original saves on this Complete Edition.

Having said that, I'm still glad I got the Complete Edition. No more having to redownload all my DLC from the marketplace if something happens and it all gets deleted. So thanks for putting that out, CDPR, and I can't wait to see what you all do next. If this Cyberpunk thing is anything like TW3, you got nothing to worry about.

It literally says that saves dont work between versions on console here on this FAQ. You should have done some research first..

i haveI have a version of the game Cusa-05574. I need Polish dubbing. Which distribution is this game? I need this to set the region accounts from which I download the dubbing.

This release was a mess on PC, those who own the base game and dlcs should have instant access to the GoTY edition and those who have the base game (only) should have an option to upgrade to the goty edition.

Anyone who got the game earlier got ran over.

This release was a mess on PC, those who own the base game and dlcs should have instant access to the GoTY edition and those who have the base game (only) should have an option to upgrade to the goty edition.

As mentioned in the Q&A;
"If you have the base game and the expansions, you technically have the same content as the GOTY Edition."
The only difference is the "Title". No different contents. "GOTY Edition" sounds little more catchy, thats all.

By the way i was expecting something extra; an OST CD, a map of the world, maybe... Its sad that GOTY Edition's box content limited with game discs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom