[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
I LOVE the DLC! :D

I don't want to say too much as it might reveal some spoilery-spoilers, but both stories are amazing, they feel like 100% part of the game, I didn't for a minute feel like "Oh, that's the game over there and here's some separate detached stuff for the DLC".

I think I preferred the story to HoS but that's if I absolutely had to pick, equally they are stunning! :D

Started playing this the next day I finished the main game. All world felt so empty. all my favorite characters (Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion) disappeared. I only managed to find Thaller and Roach. Actually I couldn't force myself to play the game. Had to wait couple days till I was able to focus on new stuff.

Other than that, main story in exp1 was great. Top class. Shame not a word about Thaller and Shani as a couple (they were in my story, reason I import saved games...)

nage83;n7445400 said:
Shame not a word about Thaller and Shani as a couple
I've often wondered why the REDs decided not to pursue that little detail. (Perhaps Voldimir reminded her a wee bit of the old boy?)

It was a nice change of pace for the combat was becoming to easy to overcome, then you meet the new 8 legged beast for the first time and then your eyes are peeled as the combat is ramped up from easy to wow really im dead already lol. I loved the dlc it was a little bit pricey in terms of glyphwords and runewords, I had to break from quests to farm wolves for a couple of days just to afford it, but then it turn out to be so worth it. Again well done!

Dwinblade;n7493880 said:
It was a nice change of pace for the combat was becoming to easy to overcome, then you meet the new 8 legged beast for the first time and then your eyes are peeled as the combat is ramped up from easy to wow really im dead already lol. I loved the dlc it was a little bit pricey in terms of glyphwords and runewords, I had to break from quests to farm wolves for a couple of days just to afford it, but then it turn out to be so worth it. Again well done!

^This! Totally with you on the Runewords, they are great, but I found myself hanging on to armour with less stats for the sake of the price I spent upgrading! :D
So with a little research I waited till I could get the Grandmaster version (also amazing!) Overall beautiful DLC and I can see why even now people are still raving with positivity for this expansion!

Originally posted by Dwinblade View Post

^This! Totally with you on the Runewords, they are great, but I found myself hanging on to armour with less stats for the sake of the price I spent upgrading! :D
So with a little research I waited till I could get the Grandmaster version (also amazing!) Overall beautiful DLC and I can see why even now people are still raving with positivity for this expansion!

I am on my ng+ death's march playthrough I am dreading going to toussaint for grandmaster gear. What grandmaster gear do you main with the rune/glyphwords. I mained the wolven gear, I am thinking of the feline gear this time?

Hi,
while I think the main idea about expansion was really good, I have several problems with final release.

Background quests:
1) Man getting his head cut off in front of Olgierd's house:
Mostly problem with dialogue and consequences. I don't remember now, but I think there was no reason provided, why they wanted to kill him. Dialogue is basically "Do you want to kill this guy?" with answers "Yes" and "No". There could be multiple endings like find out what he did and let him go or to kill him, maybe he could decide to help you fighting Olgierd depending on your responses. Let's say just more endings than "dead" or "alive".

2) Wedding:
Quests at wedding are good in my opinion, but it's quite weird to have to do them all. This include Gwent even if some players don't collect cards and don't play it at all. If there is player which expects serious dark world, I understand that beating pigs, getting drunk and rescuing guy scared of dog is bit out of Witcher style.
I think that there were more of those "funny for kids" moments through whole Wild Hunt, Hos and especially BaW that there should be, but with no offense and all the respect :)

3) Order of flaming rose
For me it felt invisible. They could be found in one or two places and main base had to be massacred in fight like 1vs40. Sorry if I am mistaken, but there were no options to infiltrate, spy or talk it out of them. Player just got quest to follow minimap, go to base and kill them all.

Upgrades - Runes and glyphs:
Just go and throw about 40k money at Offiery merchant, than another 20k for upgrades and that's it. Maybe it would be better to have more of specialized merchants on the map which would require something different than money to create upgrades, but in overall this would provide more possibilities to craft something.
I think that if there is only one source for non-(main)-quest items, in this case Offiery crafter, than it's bad desing.

Main story
1) Killing Offiery crew
There is optional quest to kill all the remaining crew from wrecked ship, but it has no consequences at all. It would be cool, it there were another Offiery fighters send to investigate, They would be split among Novigrad, Oxenfurt and Offiery camp, ask Geralt some questions and if they would find out, they would make some surprising attacks on Geralt. This would also harden ways to craft glyphs and runes, but there should be another crafters, as mentioned above.

2) Fail at every of Oddims's tasks:
As mentioned in the title, it would be cool, if all of the "three wishes" quests could end in more than one way each. For example, in second, player could find spell to smallen the house to inventory and than pop it in desired place, try to buy it in auction, act as he is rightful owner and so on. In third, maybe he could bring real rose ash, or ask those magical dog and cat for help and they would provide something.
Depending on outcome of every "wish quest" in chain, there should be somewhat different endings as in Wild Hunt. At least three or more "make-Ciri-happy" moments to get closer to happy ending. As right now, player can't fail at wishes quests and decides ending manually by dialogue option no matter previous actions. But there also should be moment at very end, when player decides side to join.
It should be more worked out I think.

3) Professor visit.
Linear walk through. Only dialogue is quite interesting, but changes nothing in result. Maybe this school environment would be cool for some Shani romance scene, but as it is already in the game, it should not be there again.

Overall
But in overall, as it was probably done in parallel and so with inconsistencies and in short time, quality is really high.
Main idea I rate 75% to 95%, but the replaybility, consequences, options and gameplay mechanics is about 50% to 70%.

Amazing. Gaunter is an intriguing villain. I wish his rewards would amount to something. When given the choice I preferred helping Everec though. I am glad because it was much more rewarding than his so called other rewards. I looked at those on youtube.

e-ahmet;n9200121 said:
...much more rewarding than his so called other rewards. I looked at those on youtube.

Oh, I always get that "Fast like a wind" saddle. It turns my Roach to super cool ghost horse with nice side effects. I just love that!

image_56361.jpg

But yeah, Gaunter is one of the best characters in this game, me thinks :)

Last edited:
That's really nice! I've gone through it after Blood and Wine and when I started playing I thought I've made a mistake. But maybe there was no. It's not worse.

I must be playing it wrong. I never got into the runewords mechanism because loot and merchants offer perfectly fine armor and weapons.

And that's my issue with the game: do all the side quests (they're amazing, I enjoy finding an old woman's pan for her, etc) and your gear levels up naturally (again: drops and merchants) without ever having to get involved with the runewords.

Am I missing something? I really love the world of Witcher but it's the only RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate 2 (that's how old I am) and I get the feeling that i just don't know how to get the most out of it. I'm totally enjoying it but I keep on thinking that I could be enjoying it more.

TessaTickle;n9310411 said:
I must be playing it wrong. I never got into the runewords mechanism because loot and merchants offer perfectly fine armor and weapons.

And that's my issue with the game: do all the side quests (they're amazing, I enjoy finding an old woman's pan for her, etc) and your gear levels up naturally (again: drops and merchants) without ever having to get involved with the runewords.

Am I missing something? I really love the world of Witcher but it's the only RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate 2 (that's how old I am) and I get the feeling that i just don't know how to get the most out of it. I'm totally enjoying it but I keep on thinking that I could be enjoying it more.

I think there is both win and lose in the way you play. Crafted and enchanted armor is much more powerful that things which you could randomly loot making this loot useless, so you get more exciting gameplay (good loot always excites on proper difficulty) but you lose diversity of additional battle styles offered by crafting and enchantment.

Hey! I haven't played yet this DLC. And sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. But... any of you know any website or place where I can still buy the DLC in the physical version which bring the gwent cards? Thank in advance!

php1992;n9488441 said:
Hey! I haven't played yet this DLC. And sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. But... any of you know any website or place where I can still buy the DLC in the physical version which bring the gwent cards? Thank in advance!

It was limited edition, so it might be difficult, if not even impossible, to find that anymore from the stores.

I didn't like it much, it's ok-ish but it felt a bit weird, adding lot's of magical fiery stuff with a expected things, like Gaunter is more or less invincible, prince turned into frog, 3 wishes? and i hated the whole part with brother ghost and searching for wife, just too magical for me. Enjoyed stealing the house tho, and battling interesting bosses!

one of the best stories in gaming history. i liked this story more than main story and blood&wine. no boss fight in fighing game was diffent too. i would like to see more content of odimm.

Nowhere near as good as BAW but it had a truly heartwrenching story. I ended up feeling pretty bad for all of the Olgeird, despite the fact that he's a real s***. If you can get me to feel bad for a villain of his caliber, you have my favor.

With Hearts of Stone i made the mistake of not playing it in one weekend, work got in the way. It was definitely a darker and more twisted storyline and I feel it lost some impact on me because i kinda forgot the first half by the time i returned to the 2nd half of the dlc.

I do have to say though i still thoroughly loved it and found it a nice twist in the missions in the base game which I also loved.... such amazing story telling in witcher 3.

Top Bottom