Witcher 3 Enchanced Edition happening?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimme all the main characters back into the world after the story, Witcher 2 style armor and better FPS on PS4 and I'll happily buy it again lol.

I think that this is fake for 2 reasons:
1)BaW was delayed until Q2 2016(Technically,it is still first half of 2016,but practically they meant Q2 2016).Even though an EE adds stuff to the main game,and has nothing to do with the expansions,it wouldn't make sense to leave the expansions out.

Not saying that it is not fake, but it would still be possible to release a "GOTY" edition as well with the expansions later. This early EE (should it actually be made) would just try to sell the base game to those who do not have it yet, and hesitate about buying.

2)Even if it would make sense though,who worked on the EE?Most REDs have moved on to Cyberpunk.The remaining ones have been working on the free DLCs,HoS and BaW this whole time

There has been no new patch for almost 3 months now, this is the longest delay between patches so far, and it was said that 1.12 will only include "fixes". Previously, both patches after long delays (1.07 and 1.10) were quite major. So, it is not impossible to make something more significant than those between 9th October (1.10, the last "big" patch) and February, it just would not be anything like the huge content overhaul many are hoping for.

Then again, I could very well see this being fake, just not outright impossible.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Assuming there's something true in this (and for the record "two different stores have it" is not a proper confirmation because it could just be that someone copied someone else's mistake) I'd been extremely interested in what kind of "enhancements" that would imply.

"Nvidia exclusive features" as main dish sounds unlikely, since console versions are listed as well. But I surely would hope it wouldn't be just "vanilla game+ DLCs" likea GOTY edition.

Assuming there's something true in this (and for the record "two different stores have it" is not a proper confirmation because it could just be that someone copied someone else's mistake) I'd been extremely interested in what kind of "enhancements" that would imply.

"Nvidia exclusive features" as main dish sounds unlikely, since console versions are listed as well. But I surely would hope it wouldn't be just "vanilla game+ DLCs" likea GOTY edition.

Reduced input lag would be a nice thing to start with.

I'd rather have a patch 1.12 and the enhanced edition later this year. What major improvements could they do in that small time? Also B&W is not out yet, so I think it's a big fake or mistake.

Someone posted this picture on neogaf:

Can someone confirm that this is actually listed on http://amazon.fr ?

Yes. Here's the link
http://www.amazon.fr/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt/dp/B019HQ42B0/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

I'd rather have a patch 1.12 and the enhanced edition later this year. What major improvements could they do in that small time? Also B&W is not out yet, so I think it's a big fake or mistake.

I don't understand how Blood&Wine is related to this.
An eventually Enhanced Edition will not include HoS and B&W for sure.

Tuco

Forum veteran
What major improvements could they do in that small time
I have genuinely no clue, but on the other hand there were rumors about new features/changes coming for a while.

Of course, when Marcin Momot says "awesome changes" I take it with a grain of salt, since it's pretty much the description of his job to hype the shit out of everything the studio does.

Attachments

• Rb7YJB5.png
    Rb7YJB5.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 71
I don't understand how Blood&Wine is related to this.
An eventually Enhanced Edition will not include HoS and B&W for sure.

They can sell this EE with an Expansion Pass code and be considered as a GOTY edition, which would make sense IF this is true.

They can sell this EE with an Expansion Pass code and be considered as a GOTY edition, which would make sense IF this is true.

It wouldn't make sense from a buisness point of view, since it will cause a massive loss for them. Because they should sell the game with an higher price, but then a consumer could buy a secondhand game at half of the prize. And what you pay for a secondhand game is not an income for the publisher.

Previous EE of TW1&TW2 were basically their versions of GOTY or complete editions, so I don't see the reason why would they release a EE for TW3 before releasing Blood&Wine.. but if this rumor is going to show up true, then in my opinion it's a dumb decision by CD Projekt

Previous EE of TW1&TW2 were basically their versions of GOTY or complete editions, so I don't see the reason why would they release a EE for TW3 before releasing Blood&Wine.. but if this rumor is going to show up true, then in my opinion it's a dumb decision by CD Projekt

Not if the EE sets the groundwork for the expansion. If there are significant tech and gameplay changes then an EE might be necessary. I personally think this is fake though. They've made it clear they've moved on to making new content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom