Blood and Wine FAQ [No Spoilers]

+
That should be May 30th. 7.00PM EST.

I am sorry Riven, but I still must disagree with the time. Nothing has been mentioned that CDPR has confirmed that Microsoft USA, Sony America, GOG & Steam in the US will release the game on our May 30th @ 7pm eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain & 4pm Pacific. To all of those companies releasing it in the States. The release date is Tuesday May 31st, not when reaches CDPR 1am on their May 31st.

It may be claimed as a world wide release date, but only if the country is on the same side of the hemisphere as CDPR. I know you said you would pass my question along to CDPR, but have yet to get a confirmation. So as it stands for people in North America and working it's way across the other time zones. No matter what, it will be after midnight (12:00am) on the 31st.

Warsaw is 6 hours ahead of the eastern time zone in North America. Which means (Using the States time zones and if Microsoft does the same thing like they did with HoS) B&W will be released 12:00pm (Noon) Eastern Time, 11;00am Central Time, 10:00am Mountain Time & 9:00am Pacific time on the 31st of May. The reason for the massive time difference is because Microsoft USA is based in Pacific Time zone. So us that is not in that time zone have to wait.

It's not fully CDPR's fault, it's just how everything is handled on release dates. If you go to the threads that are talking about the release of HoS (If they are still available) you will see the complaints of mine & others about how it was not a "World Wide Release" & I made the same comments then that just because it is the release day in Warsaw, does not make it the release day on the other side of the world.

Again, I am sorry Riven. But until CDPR gives us all a direct confirmation from all of the releasing partners that they will release B&W on our side of the world @ 7pm East, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain & 4pm Pacific on May 30th, then we will have to wait until our calendar day of May 31st.

I'm sorry, but, at this point, it is highly unlikely that we will receive any more specific information about the dates until Monday. (CDPR's offices are closed on week-ends.)

I understand, I think it is their holiday weekend, but different than the States holiday. I am just trying to get some prepared that the game MAY not be able to download when it is said to be available. That is all I am doing.

A "Trying to calm before the storm" if you will. I just get tired of all the complaints, so do you I suppose. I would love it if I am wrong. And I will check @7pm on the 30th to see if I got it. But I am prepared to wait until after 12pm on the 31st.

Moderator: For the benefit of those seeking information in this thread, please, refrain from further general criticisms of CDPR. Posts deleted.

Reminder: Responses to moderators' formal interventions must be conducted in private messages, please.

Thank you.

3 things I want to ask/say, not directly to B&W but the Patch 1.20, I would really like to get some answers from a dev :D :

1.) Why is the a enemey scaling option now (Thanks for listening) but you are still able to get that "1 experience point" from quests that are under your current character level? So many people complained about that,

Why don't you give us the option to get exp. points like that: Points earned for Quest "XYZ": "50 basic exp. points"(You always get them) + "Additional exp. points, depending on your level => Never getting 1exp. point for a quest and you have problems to reach lvl 30 for B&W, because of that..

2.) A Freeze Effect for your Aard sign (that comes with "mutations" in 1.20) is considered by MANY reviewers to be Overpowered (You can kill big monsters, without losing any health). Any plans to nerf it, before everyone gets the patch?

3.) Will there be a preload? The way the patch was presented was a bit of a "Cyperpunk 2077"-way. You give us a trailer and then people complain about, that the game is far from finished 4 years later :-/

You shared the patchnotes, knowing that in Poland (and many other countries) you have a long weekend ahead. People had 1000 of questions: Will we get the patch at the same date like B&W? If so, will there be a preload for the expansion, my internet is too slow? Then more confusion came in witch people saying that the patch was/is already live for XBOX1 users... Why don't you just share your plans next time and say write away on your social medias : "Listen guys, the patch is planned to go live on Monday. However it's not 100% ?"

This "feedback" is conecting to the Release of Patch 1.20 and not a post about General criticism.
Thank you for reading.

I know it's not specific to Blood and Wine but i thought i'd ask seeing as it's coming with the patch around the same time and it's relevant to most people's playthrough during Blood and Wine.

As far as the enemy scaling option goes do we have confirmation of whether it just scales lower enemies up to your level or will it scale higher enemies down to your level too ? ( hopefully not)

Apologies if this question has already been answered.

3.) Will there be a preload? The way the patch was presented was a bit of a "Cyperpunk 2077"-way. You give us a trailer and then people complain about, that the game is far from finished 4 years later :-/

You shared the patchnotes, knowing that in Poland (and many other countries) you have a long weekend ahead. People had 1000 of questions: Will we get the patch at the same date like B&W? If so, will there be a preload for the expansion, my internet is too slow? Then more confusion came in witch people saying that the patch was/is already live for XBOX1 users... Why don't you just share your plans next time and say write away on your social medias : "Listen guys, the patch is planned to go live on Monday. However it's not 100% ?"

This "feedback" is conecting to the Release of Patch 1.20 and not a post about General criticism.
Thank you for reading.

I'm not a dev but from my understanding there will not be a pre-load. As for the XBox One download, it is not really a preload or a patch, it's kinda hard to explain what it was, but I'll do my best. It is basically creating room on the hard drive for the B&W expansion. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's all it is. I will confirm this when I get the time. This is Memorial Day weekend in the States and I have family over.

Also you may not get an dev to answer this weekend. I think that they are not working. There holiday started on Thursday I think.

There holiday started on Thursday I think.

Yes,our "holiday" started on Thursday (Though many people had to work on Friday ;-) ) I guess the Fail with the XBOX1 patch was a failur from Microsofts site. I have read somewhere that actually a patch called "1.21" was released for xb1, and not 1.20 xD It's not really that important to answer the question why it happend, but why we didn't get an ETA for the patch :-/

No Preload? I have 600kb/s Download which would mean I can't play it until Wednesday if there is no Preload :/

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this - sorry if it is - but did 1.21 get rid of the detailed statistics screen?
You know, the one with your DPS per sword or how long, in in-game weeks, days, hours, minutes even iirc you have been playing the game.

I think you could bring it up from anywhere by pressing "C" before 1.21?

guys....i just started my Ng+ in White Orchard.....so must play until the A Poet Under Pressure then only can start? Is there any fast way to start Blood and Wine but remain all the equipment i am using?

guys....i just started my Ng+ in White Orchard.....so must play until the A Poet Under Pressure then only can start? Is there any fast way to start Blood and Wine but remain all the equipment i am using?
when you install the xpansion then go to the man menu it will be three diferent options to start, choose one or choose "only blood and wine" and you star right in the expansion

if start only with the expansion....all equipment from the existing save wont be transfer over.....

hey everyone. my game version is 1.8 and i wanna play this DLC. should i install patch 1.20 ? does this patch need any previous patch ? or it can be installed with 1.8 ? thanks

if start only with the expansion....all equipment from the existing save wont be transfer over.....

If you have a save from before starting NG+, then you could use that if NG+ is not very important. It is best to play Blood and Wine after completing the main story, and there is an extra scene in the epilogue that is only available in that case. Also, even though you can begin the expansion as soon as Dandelion is rescued, the quest levels range from the high 30's to the 40's (add 30 to those for NG+), so again, it is recommended to leave it to after the ending.

Top Bottom