Skyrim and W3

+
iCake;n8100750 said:
Oh, care to elaborate?

Easily, this is components of replay formula:
1. Character.
You have 9 races, 2 genders, and freely adjustable appearance. This appearance won't be very pretty in vanilla, but it will be distinctive, so you may create and roleplay any of your favorite character of fantasy genre - Gendalf, Geralt, Garry Potter - anybody of human height. Also TES has huge and deep lore from previous games, so you may create projection of different sides of your soul, based on that lore.
2. World.
After Helgen you may go anywhere in 9 holds, each of the holds has it's advantages for certain classes. There are almost hundred of different dungeons each with small piece of lore in it. There is a lot of talk that TES worlds are copy-pasted, but that is no true. If you start counting dungeons with attached non-random quests with unique voiced parts, lore and texts, you'll be tired to count them all and I doubt that most players visited at least one quarter of all dungeons in one playthrough.
3. Skills.
You may say it is boring to roleplay by dreaming up non-existent parts of character background and I'll agree. But in TES you roleplay not by dialogs, but by your actions, and there is huge variety of actions avaiable, 3 melee styles, 5 magic schools, 3 crafting, stealth, bow, thieving - each require actual using of the skill if you want to open it's full potential.
4. Quests.
There is 9 big questlines (with DLC) and when player completes at least two of them he will be already 40-50 lvl and there will be no point to continue with this character because vanilla is balanced only to this point.

Now if you multiply those numbers you will easily get at least dozen absolutely different characters which may travel world in combination of different ways with different skills along different questlines.

Eissa_Cozorav;n8100970 said:
so about witcher 3 modding, anyone know why it's not as big as skyrim?

i think the only downside of witcher 3 to skyrim is just you cant play as blank slate protagonist, plus the fact that all npc dialogue in the game involve geralt as player character further making it impossible to write a line for player created character.

First of all, there is no need for such amount of modding in TW3 :) most of Skyrim modding consists of textures, followers, body replacers and minor gameplay tweaks. Since TW3 textures are fine on ultras, there is no followers and there is no need to replace Geralt's body there is rather small room for modding..
Of course if you can play for example as Ciri/Yen/Triss instead of Geralt, have access to sorceress's magic and travel to find and save Geralt that would be a whole another story with modding :)

Martinvls

1) Yay, I've got a new skin there! Now I can replay this game. You know because looks are all there is to it. Gendalf, Garry Potter? Have you even tried to create a character that'll at least remotely resemble them? Not to mention the lack of tools to get in that role, like proper clothing and relevant gear. Lore is good though, but lore should affect your game somehow but it doesn't mean much for your character, people will not even care much about your origins and your race.

2) Another look alike tunnel... Oh, wait, it's supposed to be a cave that naturally tend to branch off, form chambers and be at least somehwat of a maze. Not in this game. So much for replayability, boring. At least there is a somewhat different vibe to many of them as you mentioned, but it's not something to hold you in the game for many playthroughs. Different holds? Once you've been in all of them and completed the "thane" quest in which there is one that is btw structured absolutely identically in relevant holds. What else is there to do? Do more radiant quests or yet more menial tasks for their denizens to see yet another look alike cave with "loot" at the end?

3) Skills I agree with, but I tried almost all of the playstyles they supposed to support in one playthrough. There are many, but that's kind of it. They don't change the mechanics much, other than now you cast magic/swing arms with less mana/stamina and more damage and magic falls short there as its damage output doesn't scale nearly as well as weapons do. There is also bow, but what's there? Slow time, okay... More damage, expected. Paralyze on hit? It turned out to be more of a hindernace than something useful. Stealth? Can't even insta kill an unsuspecting target, just more freaking damage with weapons exclusively. Damn effective, but shallow. The only perk tree I somewhat liked was the shield skills. At least there is ram for fun and bash.

I'm not saying skills are outright bad, they're fun to mess around with for one, maybe two playthroughs, but to validate endless games... I don't think so.

Roleplaying with skills? Yes, that's about the only kind of role playing in this game save for vampire/werewolf.

4) Okay, there are a lot of quests in Skyrim, most of them are garbage errands but there are good once, sure. I enjoyed many of those, but when I have completed them why should I play them all over again? Most of them lead to the same outcomes, only a handful have branching endings but most of them are about getting a different reward item in the end. Only some daedric quests gave some moral dillemma on top of that, Namira, Boethia, Molag Bal... That's about it or close to it.

And are you seriosly suggesting that having no point to continue past level 50 is a good thing? :D

Last edited:
iCake;n8108710 said:
And are you seriosly suggesting that having no point to continue past level 50 is a good thing? :D

It can be a good thing in the sense that it gives a reason to start over with a different character, and likely play a different subset of the available quests. That leads to many relatively short (tens of hours) playthroughs that only complete a part of the content and each one is different enough that it does not become too repetitive.

Only some daedric quests gave some moral dillemma on top of that, Namira, Boethia, Molag Bal... That's about it or close to it.

There are some more (on the Steam forums I see frequent "which side is better" discussions about the civil war and this quest, for example), even if it is true that most quests have only one ending.

sv3672

I didn't say there wasn't. The bottom line here is they're few and far between. Still not conviced about that level 50 drop out, if I drop out of a game I usually do not return and definitely not lose coutless hours just to start off fresh. I can have a pretty reasonable guess here that people with the same views on this matter are majority.

Martinvls;n8107500 said:
1. Character. You have 9 races, 2 genders, and freely adjustable appearance. This appearance won't be very pretty in vanilla, but it will be distinctive, so you may create and roleplay any of your favorite character of fantasy genre - Gendalf, Geralt, Garry Potter - anybody of human height. Also TES has huge and deep lore from previous games, so you may create projection of different sides of your soul, based on that lore.

... I like having character customization IF the characters still have personality. Skyrim's don't. You're a blank slate regardless if your a Breton, Nord, etc. I'll take one well developed character over an infinite number of blank ones personally. But this is a preference.

Martinvls;n8107500 said:
2. World. After Helgen you may go anywhere in 9 holds, each of the holds has it's advantages for certain classes. There are almost hundred of different dungeons each with small piece of lore in it. There is a lot of talk that TES worlds are copy-pasted, but that is no true. If you start counting dungeons with attached non-random quests with unique voiced parts, lore and texts, you'll be tired to count them all and I doubt that most players visited at least one quarter of all dungeons in one playthrough.

The dungeons do feel very similar after a while. Some are unique-ish ... but a lot of them feel the same. Also as far as world building I really disliked that the "cities" were 10-20 buildings with big walls. Novigrad is a city. Beauclaire is a city. Solitude is not a city. It's a bridge with some houses on it.

Martinvls;n8107500 said:
3. Skills. You may say it is boring to roleplay by dreaming up non-existent parts of character background and I'll agree. But in TES you roleplay not by dialogs, but by your actions, and there is huge variety of actions avaiable, 3 melee styles, 5 magic schools, 3 crafting, stealth, bow, thieving - each require actual using of the skill if you want to open it's full potential.

The skill trees are alright. But using the skills is pretty bland. Crafting, alchemy, enchanting and all melee combat is incredibly boring IMO. Archery and magic can be kind of fun at times. So while the skills system is decent, actually leveling up most of the skills is not ... which is kind of the point -- to have fun while you do it.

Martinvls;n8107500 said:
4. Quests. There is 9 big questlines (with DLC) and when player completes at least two of them he will be already 40-50 lvl and there will be no point to continue with this character because vanilla is balanced only to this point.

The questlines in the game are awful IMO. This is the big problem in Skyrim. Worse all the faction ones are functionally the same ... you join as the new-comer ... do a couple quests. Something bad happens. Then you save the day and become the boss.

Martinvls;n8107500 said:
Now if you multiply those numbers you will easily get at least dozen absolutely different characters which may travel world in combination of different ways with different skills along different questlines.

Skyrim is a fun sandbox ... but I haven't played it since early 2013 because everything felt the same and wasn't really that interesting. It was a good game ... but not on TW3's level IMO. I would not say it's endlessly replayable because it couldn't hold my interest. I think I did two playthroughs -- one on release and one after dragonborn came out. The games I regularly replay (Mass Effect, TW, TLoU) have a great story. Skyrim does not. All of this is about preference though ... so I respect your position even though I disagree with it.

Last edited:
iCake;n8108710 said:
1) Lore is good though, but lore should affect your game somehow but it doesn't mean much for your character, people will not even care much about your origins and your race.
There is reaction to your selected race just after it's selection and before your execution :D "We will deliver your body to Elsweyr" (c)
Bethesda thinks that this is enough, maybe that's about toleration and so on. Not to mention that most marriageable NPC's are bisexual.
But NPC's randomly react to your skills, possesion of daedric artifacts, illness, that's not perfect but that is more that most games can offer. "Hey, can you conjure me a warm bed?" (c)

In W3 NPC reaction is ONLY for completed quests, so no matter how you develop, NPC's will still say the same. I have no problems with that, but option to turn off NPC chatter speaks for itself.
p.s. I shaved clean two times just before going to Craite, and Yen still says that Geralt looks good with beard.
:hmm:
iCake;n8108710 said:
2) Another look alike tunnel... Oh, wait, it's supposed to be a cave that naturally tend to branch off, form chambers and be at least somehwat of a maze. Not in this game. So much for replayability, boring. At least there is a somewhat different vibe to many of them as you mentioned, but it's not something to hold you in the game for many playthroughs. Different holds? Once you've been in all of them and completed the "thane" quest in which there is one that is btw structured absolutely identically in relevant holds. What else is there to do? Do more radiant quests or yet more menial tasks for their denizens to see yet another look alike cave with "loot" at the end?
Only thane quest's? let's take small hold as example, Falkreath - you got Barbas talking dog, Werefolf daedric quest, quest with ghosts devouring souls connected to bard college, challenge with master-archer up in the mountains, two unique vampire dungeons etc. It's just what you can use around town without quests connected to big questlines.

And here is key difference with W3 - most quests in Skyrim can be started already at lvl 10 (which you may get in 1st hour), there is no level requirement and invincible bandits which are invincible simply because you are level 5, and they are 25.

iCake;n8108710 said:
3) Skills I agree with, but I tried almost all of the playstyles they supposed to support in one playthrough. There are many, but that's kind of it. They don't change the mechanics much, other than now you cast magic/swing arms with less mana/stamina and more damage and magic falls short there as its damage output doesn't scale nearly as well as weapons do. There is also bow, but what's there? Slow time, okay... More damage, expected. Paralyze on hit? It turned out to be more of a hindernace than something useful. Stealth? Can't even insta kill an unsuspecting target, just more freaking damage with weapons exclusively. Damn effective, but shallow. The only perk tree I somewhat liked was the shield skills. At least there is ram for fun and bash.

If you are playing proper difficulty for your build, many perks have key difference. Bow - you start with zoom to hit distant targets, then slowdown for fast moving targets, then stagger to slowdown fast moving targets which will otherwise kill you with power attack.. etc. About insta kill -> good dagger + stealth perk + dark brotherhood gloves = natural not scripted instant kill. Also you get silent roll with which you may climb higher and ability to hide in the middle of the battle. And this only about two perk trees.

And what new mechanics (not stats) we receive in W3 during character development? Whirl, Rend, alternative version of signs and few tricks with alchemy - that's all.

iCake;n8108710 said:
4) Okay, there are a lot of quests in Skyrim, most of them are garbage errands but there are good once, sure. I enjoyed many of those, but when I have completed them why should I play them all over again? Most of them lead to the same outcomes, only a handful have branching endings but most of them are about getting a different reward item in the end. Only some daedric quests gave some moral dillemma on top of that, Namira, Boethia, Molag Bal... That's about it or close to it.

Moral dilemmas? Black Star - very cool artifact if you choose to desecrate it and betray Azura (in TES lore, betraying Azura is something comparable to spit in Vesemir's face in W3) or select goddess side and have nearly worthless soul gem. Will you pickpocket your teacher, priestess of Love and return your gold or leave several thousands of gold in her possesion? Destroy Dark Brotherhood for 3k of gold or start killing of innocent people to get cool armor and horse? So moral choices in TES games are not in dialogs but in actions and even in Morrowind you have choice to kill one essential character for set of best armor in game, doom world to destruction and continue playing.

iCake;n8108710 said:

Initial question was not about good things, but about replayability and vanilla Skyrim is designed exactly for that - to wake up as a unnamed prisoner and begin new way in unexplored world from level 1 instead of travelling as a god and world-savior in level 45, killing occasionally met level 35 wolves which can't even do notable damage to human in leather armor.

All mentioned above doesn't make Skyrim better then Witcher, but it makes it much more replayable and without any mods.

Why are bringing the Witcher 3 into this? All I ever questioned was your claim of Skyrim's virtually endless replayabilty. I never said the Witcher 3 is an example of that or even if it's better. Please, don't steer the conversation away. One might assume it was either your great love for Skyrim, which is obvious (no harm there) that carried you away or your desire to sidetrack the conversation.

1) What Bethesda thinks is enough is in no way indicative of what is actually enough. Hearing different remarks here and there about your accomplishments and whatnot is no where nearly enough to get me into the game again. Especially since your looks, that I bring up here because you started off with how looks are so important here in number 1, don't matter here, just your deeds. Whatever your look like you'll get virtually the same comments about your dees as most quests don't branch. Yep, good daggers + stuff/skill is an insta kill but this is not the point, the point is why be stealthy if you can't just slit somebody's throat by sneaking up on them, don't even need daggers for that. But this is beyond replayability issue, I digress.

2) No, all you really need is damage output and/or damage protection/good skill to avoid damage, nothing else directly contributes to getting through the game whatever the difficulty. Hell, you might not even have any level up in heavy armor but still where a heavy armor set that'll protect you to the cap (80% damage reduction IIRC), same with weapons, just temper them well enough and your actual skill doesn't matter squat anymore. I forsee you say that this can be said about any game, but Skyrim is unique that you can pull that off without making it a chore.

3) Okay, I stand corrected. There is more to moral choices that boil down to: "are you greedy enough to do despicable things for a cool reward?" or "are you virtuous enough that you don't mind skipping content because of that?"

4) Oh, now you remembered what the initial question was about :D Very convenient. Anyway, see my reply #25

Rawls;n8109780 said:
The dungeons do feel very similar after a while. Some are unique-ish ... but a lot of them feel the same. Also as far as world building I really disliked that the "cities" were 10-20 buildings with big walls. Novigrad is a city. Beauclaire is a city. Solitude is not a city. It's a bridge with some houses on it.

The skill trees are alright. But using the skills is pretty bland. Crafting, alchemy, enchanting and all melee combat is incredibly boring IMO. Archery and magic can be kind of fun at times. So while the skills system is decent, actually leveling up most of the skills is not ... which is kind of the point -- to have fun while you do it.

The questlines in the game are awful IMO. This is the big problem in Skyrim. Worse all the faction ones are functionally the same ... you join as the new-comer ... do a couple quests. Something bad happens. Then you save the day and become the boss.

Skyrim is a fun sandbox ... but I haven't played it since early 2013 because everything felt the same and wasn't really that interesting. It was a good game ... but not on TW3's level IMO. I would not say it's endlessly replayable because it couldn't hold my interest. I think I did two playthroughs -- one on release and one after dragonborn came out. The games I regularly replay (Mass Effect, TW, TLoU) have a great story. Skyrim does not. All of this is about preference though ... so I respect your position even though I disagree with it.

Yes, cities are more like villages and lot of skills are useless, main quest is boring, Companion quests are badly implemented and selection between Imperials and Stormcloalks is even more boring, but world still feels alive, like it exists on it's own, without your character. You may simply go wherever you like and there will be what to do and what to explore - that is main reason why TES games are popular despite of all their flaws.
In TW3 all that system with levels and leveled items completely kills this - even if you find something better than you have, you still can't use it. As for adventures there is very little amount of them which you may start wherever you want, without completing something in main story first. Only notable exceptions I remember are Undvik and Cave of dreams with Lugos..
Yes, I completed them in 1st walk-through before Craite asked me about it :) and such unexpected Undvik was really my best experience in all TW3 - you are travelling around mysterious island with no questmarkers, you just see footprints and then they are divided in two different sides - and start to investigate what happened and with exceptions of witcher sense there were no tips where to run and what to do - that's how "open world" should work. And I felt so rewarded when Craite later sad something like - "oh I know that you already helped my son" and then Lugos Jr. made a step forward during investigation about berserks and said - "hey, I beleive Geralt - he helped me". But when I made this quests as part of official line in 2nd walkthrough It was just a routine. Yes I felt some nostalgia and enjoyed scenery, but everything else was predictable and linear.
And I think it was bad idea to make witcher sense highlight everything. Yes, witcher must see footprints, scents, magic energies etc but everything else player must notice with his own eyes or ears - and all older games somehow managed to design levels and enemies which can be perceived without help of highlighting. After playing TW3 and new Horizon, I tried to play Skyrim and I was really afraid to make a step without casting detect life/dead spells though I never used these spells before and with them exploration turned into something too comfortable and boring. And not only in Witcher.. a lot of modern games have analogues of "witcher sense" and it made all them too bland. This is basically a very old cheat "see enemies through the walls", cheats in games are mostly used by small childs.. any 15+ person understands that such things simplifies games too much.
So this is another reason why a lot of people still play Skyrim - it has good balance of gameplay depth without excessive complexity of old games or over-simplification of new titles, combine it with photo-realistic graphics (with mods) and real open-world and I guess there is simply no game in existence which could replace Skyrim in current moment, maybe Cyberpank would do it :) I heard that CDPR is gathering money to create system of random generation of city levels, NPCs and so on.
As for the 2017 there are no rivals to Skyrim (in terms of single-player replayability with third-person view) - both open-world Horizon and open-galaxy Andromeda were released as something shallow and mediocre. Of course critics and everyone who owns PS4 cries that Horizon is super best game, but after playing it personally for 30 hours, I'll say that it is somewhere on Rise of TR level, beautiful but one-time adventure.

iCake;n8112670 said:
Why are bringing the Witcher 3 into this? All I ever questioned was your claim of Skyrim's virtually endless replayabilty. I never said the Witcher 3 is an example of that or even if it's better. Please, don't steer the conversation away. One might assume it was either your great love for Skyrim, which is obvious (no harm there) that carried you away or your desire to sidetrack the conversation.
No, there was no intention to sidetrack, TW3 was just an example to compare with.
So.. short, plain explanation - Skyrim world and mechanics + some mods + small bit of player's imagination create such variety that even TES fans will tire of game earlier than they will try all possible ways to play. :)

Detailed:

NPC reactions. Active magic on you - random different comment from any NPC. Shout - NPC will comment, and guard will run to you. Throw something to ground - NPC will come and ask if he may take it. And he will not only take, but also wear it if it is valuable enough. Cast telekinesis or simply jump on the table and some items will fall from it - people will ask - why in the hell are you doing this. And list may be continued for long, including membership in the fractions, skills, secondary quests and your personal level of favor with this NPC. I agree that majority of reactions will be the same each play-through, but there are so many of them, that in period of several days they will be various enough.
Physics. In Skyrim we get rather real physics. Stand on the hill, take book and throw it from you inventory - it will not teleport to ground or fall like a brick and stick to surface, but will roll around several times with animated pages and lay still even on hillside. Now throw something more rounded - like bottle, egg or helm - it will roll down the hill and you will never find it. But if you run fast enough and see where your bottle fall - it will be laying there, where physics place it. If it rolled down to water, then light items will flow above water surface and heavy will sink down. Place a basket on water and it will swim, now carefully place something heavy in this basket - basket will sink with item inside.
Lighting. There is huge difference in stealth with dependence of lighting. It's not some pre-defined hand picked zones of guard control and places of light. If you use mod with dark interiors you will be nearly invisible indoors - but this is not because somebody remaked all zones of sight in entire game, it's only light sources changed and everything connected to them changed automatically. Cast a lighting spell (with perk for silent casting) to enemy which stands turned back to you and he will react only when magic light will fly close to him, then he start searching - and will find you if you didn't hide from light. But if he stood looking in your side, you will be detected in moment of casting because light appears as soon as you release spell. Same comes with sound - you may wear heavy armor without perks - and no matter your stealth skills, enemy will easily hear you movement in close range. But you may use special shout to distract or throw some item from the table with spell or your own hands and bandits will run in desirable direction to investigate what happened. This is not scripted, it's game engine. Why bethesda need to place adventure-like scripts for silent kills if you may silent kill or distract enemies by game physics?
Balance. Map size, density of map objects, quests that make you travel huge distances, non-immortal and costly horses (stolen horses will runaway from you at first opportunity), universal crafting and alchemy materials, small number of trainers and a lot of skills which require training, it all makes world balanced and rewarding since you need to constantly think where to craft, where to sell, where to train, who I might kill (on high difficulty you can't kill anybody you want until very late game), what follower to take with you and how to gain his favor (also matters on high difficulty, without follower to absorb damage most enemies will kill you from 1-2 hits and there is no direct dodge to avoid this).
Variety and depth. Each hold has different trainers, resources, followers, standing stones, unique useful artifacts available in early game and critical for different classes. A lot of unique mechanics such as silent roll, shield tricks, magic effects are put on high level of skill development - so developers were confident enough to hide a lot of content from availability in 1st playthrough. My favorite Telekinesis spell makes miracles but you may cast it freely only after you become skilled alteration mage and enchanter - and I guess there is rather little percent of builds with focus on alteration school. To put it further - there are daedric artifacts with unique mechanics, there are dungeons with unique mechanics and this dungeons are not a part of main questlines, you will find them only occasionally or for example by reading certain book which will never happen if player don't pay attention to books.

Now put it all together and you will see how many ways exists to create and play different "builds" without any sufficient limitations. Idea may look boring, but funny NPC's, beautiful music, graphics and a couple of new mods will turn this "another dull build" into real adventure - if you want to.

If we return to title of this topic - "long life of skyrim because modding community support it". Yes it is true, mods are essential for TES, but community can't do anything without appropriate game engine. TW3 is not that bad from that side and there a some of complex mods for it. And for opposite example look at ME - there is almost no mods, because there not so many mechanics in "Unreal" engine, it's all scripted from start to end through all Mass Effect series.

I find things to love about TW3 and Skyrim, but I also find it hard to compare them side-by-side. There are certain aspects of each game that are similar, certain things I like more / less about each game, but modding is something that Bethesda games are specifically built for. I agree that adding modding capability to any game might increase its lifespan, but that really requires an engine to be specifically developed for that purpose. In turn, that would offset other things. I doubt we would have had all of those gorgeous cutscenes and bustling cities in TW3 if the engine had been tailored for modding instead.

Besides, aside from Bethesda's titles and Minecraft...there really aren't any other titles I can think of specifically built to let players create their own content. (Neverwinter Nights 1? Few people I know really play that anymore.)

nircc;n7891610 said:
Gonna make it short.
we got Skyrim like 6 Years ago ...
Till this day its one of the most played games in Steam .

While Skyrim got like 500k players , W3 barley gets 30k

The reason that skyrim is still most played game till this day is because they have Modding tools to make the game better , add content , fix bugs and so on.

W3 on the other hand - got nothing . bad modding tools (with awesome modding community which i appericiate alot) .

just saying that if W3 wont get any modding tools soon it will be dead...no 1 will play it in a year or so .. just because they got no reason to replay the game .

So please dear Devs, dont you want your amazing creation(W3) to survive long in the gaming indjustry ? , dont need patchs , dont need more expansions , NOTHING .
just bring us the Modding tools we so much need to make this game from Epic to Legendary !

Cheers!

Gonna make it short too.
1. I bought Skyrim on sale for $5 and I think that it's the price this game deserves, so, no disappointment here. First 10 hours are fun but then it's a bore fest spiced with large amount of atrocious glitches and bugs. I've played it for a significant amount of time and uninstalled it finishing about 50% of the game. Never felt like I want to look for any mods for it or ever run it again because the only good part about the base game is the landscape, which is still not as good as in TW3 ...
2. TW3 on the other hand I replayed twice and second time I tried different mods because the BASE game is awesome. I haven't experienced any notable bugs or glitches. I'll replay it again with more mods in the future because of the story, but I cannot imagine a mod for RPG that would make me replay it just because of the mod.

Just to chime in.
Redkit 3 will be amazing. Look at NWN community. They are still creating mods for 15 year old game.
With Redkit, we could create new worlds to play in with favorite characters.

So if CDPR rrading this, please consider.

Martinvls;n8099030 said:
Skyrim has virtually endless replayability, that's why people are still playing it. Mods are just adding new flavor but basic game is still fun to play each new time and majority of mods are for visuals not for gameplay itself.
Also you may safely play Skyrim for a few hours and abandon it for month or two as soon as you get bored. In W3 you must play consistently 2-3 hours several days in a week, otherwise you'll miss immersion and flow. So when somebody wants to get a bit of medieval fantasy, it's easier to select TES because it doesn't require so many time as W3.

Not to mention that unlike Beth games you have to re-orient yourself with TW3's controls as they're much more involved and demands precision within a 3rd person perspective, unlike Beth's that is designed with the first, with the 3rd person perspective that's been modified to behave much like the first perspective as in both you do not have an enemy lock-on/dodge mechanic...Plus the 3rd person perspective is much more akin to gears of war/Mass Effects off-center mode.

alexanderros;n8291290 said:
Just to chime in.
Redkit 3 will be amazing. Look at NWN community. They are still creating mods for 15 year old game.
With Redkit, we could create new worlds to play in with favorite characters.

So if CDPR rrading this, please consider.

Unfortunately TW3's engine is much more specific towards a closed-structure for a specific game environment that relies heavily on scripted events and maps that you would need the design notes in order to understand where to properly make changes to the main campaign in order to not break the game itself, unlike Bethesda/NWN 1-2/torchlight and Grimrock's game engines that were specifically designed for modding either for the main campaign/game world itself or setting up your own maps/scenarios that did not involve overly complex scripting and programming.

Not saying TW3's game engine cannot support modding but it will require a much, much higher learning curve that only a few dedicated modding programmers that can organize an actual modding team in order to come out with a functioning quest-based mod, which usually takes 6 months to a couple of years to complete, which is why there isn't a strong library of mods (Not just re-skins and art assets/cheat mods) for TW2, Two Worlds series of games...

Been on the same page for years. If the witcher 3 got a complete set of tools it's life would be extended exponentially just like skyrim which we are still playing and still keeps getting new versions (special edition patches for x one x anyone?). I would love for a redkit3 or whatever it gets called with completely freedom to mod just like bethesda does and all the tools needed to do it.

Top Bottom