Whats the BEST Crossbow to use in NG+ ?

+
Whats the BEST Crossbow to use in NG+ ?

Im on ng+ and jst realized i have the 1st feline crossbow i went to craft wolven bow but upon investigating there's only feline & bear bows. Are there any legendary bows for ng+? Cause mines only lvl 27 lol. I also read about the 3 Elite X-Bows but idk if they are really worth getting? Whats your favorite bow and why? And what is the best bow in the game? Im sure theres gotta be some in one of those "?'s".

iCake

Forum veteran
Crossbow are only ever useful underwater and against flying monsters. They do not scale in NG+. There is a mutation in B&W that will boost your crossbow damage like 10 times over, I assume this is when they can finally become somewhat useful, but you'll have to purposely choose this mutation over another dozen of interesting ones.

Last edited:
The Witcher bows are the best & most powerful but level locked so you can't use until late in the game. I use the Ursine it has 210% attack power & 5% crit hit as I like the look better but the Feline has a slightly better attack rating at 225% but lower 2% crit hit. The three Elite crossbows are also good as you progress through the game starting with Nilfguaardian at Level 7 with 125% attack then Skellige at level 11 with 145% followed by Elven at level 21 with 165%.

I tried the witcher bow but they were locked due to my low level but they are very powerful as I tried them on my friends' profile.

[Edit Devivre: No spam please!!!!]

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 2091327

Considering we tend to walk around with rather many swords in our bags... how about a re-enforced crossbow that shoots swords?

Off topic in terms of the best bow, but this frustrates me a bit... I have a lvl 29 feline bow from my first play through. After starting NG+ I am lvl 89 and the same bow is max lvl 52 in the crafting menu... but once crafted it is a lvl 29. Tried twice to make sure I didn’t make a mistake now I have three feline bows at lvl 29 with same attributes.... And rant over. I love this game

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,563
  • 6363F1C6-672E-4011-9C8C-5AC9C5468C88.jpeg
    6363F1C6-672E-4011-9C8C-5AC9C5468C88.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,954
Last edited:
Top Bottom