[Spoilers] What's your Opinion on Blood and Wine?

+
the stash screen is extremely slow when you have lots of items in your stash.

it takes about 20-30 seconds for me to put 1 item from inventory to stash in blood and wine which would take me 5-8 secs in the game before this patch.

it's just crazy!

it's quite amazing that I still haven't seen any complaints regarding this issue. is it just me?

I can only say i love it. Love it.. Love it !
I don't know how far i am in the main story ( hope it's enough left^^) , but till now its very good.
Size of content is unbelievable for this addon...And nothing is boring.
The low price feels like robbing.

Aaaaaaaaaaand
I think i found the bruxa from a night to remember trailer now.
She looks extremely close to that model... dont know how this will end.
Yes, i was really hoping to see her ingame :like:
And i still don't know who is "the killer"..clever made..But i still think the true villain must be a vampire

That's all for now.. must play further :D

Last edited:
I dont understand how they decided to cut off Iorvet from the game? What's a poit of choises in second Witcher? I been waiting for his appearing during all game and DLC's. What the hell! i'm very dissapointed and i have no any aspiration to buy "Blood and wine".
It would be better to ask the fans first who should stay in the game!! Generally, I was a biggest fan of CDPR, until this moment.

:eredinfacepalm: Iorveth & Saskia were confirmed NOT to be in Blood and Wine ages ago.. This topic has been discussed over and over again and this thread is certainly not a appropriate place to continue such discussions. There's several threads with information about what was planned and developed for Iorveth if you feel like learning more.

Everything was amazing, characters, graphics new armors the plot, everything was great I couldn't have asked for a more perfect DLC.
Only gripe is we console players need some new camera angles to experience the beauty of Toussaint up close.

Amazing stuff. Played easily over 10 hours already. Scenery is amazing. Love the new monsters. Really can feel how CDPR gets more and more experienced in makin games. Theres so much these nice little touches everywhere. Just shows how much they put effort in what theyre doin. You can easily sense it. That makes me feel im experiencin something special and unique! This game really got in my alltime favorites with Mass effect series. Something i wont forget for a long time. Some bugs. Nothing game breaking. Some times get stuck in terrain for no apparent reason. Roach is still a dumbass, but he gets the job done :) I was afraid that i wouldnt like the new color palette, But now that i have actually played the expansion i really like it. Really fits the overall tone of Toussaint. Sometimes the sky looks a bit cartoony for my taste, but i can live with it.

Really lookin forward to cyberpunk. If they keep raising the bar like this, its gonna be amazing.

I dont understand how they decided to cut off Iorvet from the game? What's a poit of choises in second Witcher? I been waiting for his appearing during all game and DLC's. What the hell! i'm very dissapointed and i have no any aspiration to buy "Blood and wine".
It would be better to ask the fans first who should stay in the game!! Generally, I was a biggest fan of CDPR, until this moment.

Well, in simple terms, a lot of the choices were never going to matter because the Black Ones were invading. That was the point of the final cutscene. I also get the impression the developer team had a lot of people more interested in the mystical high fantasy elements of the setting instead of the politics.

Just finished the main story of the expansion and maybe about 70% of the sidequests.

This expansion was so full of love it made me tear up a bit, it felt like a final goodbye to Geralt and to the Witcher in general, all those book references and returning monsters from Witcher 1 made it even better, also the music, holy crap it is pure heaven, the new gwent music surpasses the previous music, just perfect.

I am so glad Geralt's final quest was truly awesome, thank you Reds <3

trust me...the quality of the material in B&W is top and this is coming from a hardcore W2 fan. Without spoiling anything for you, there's one character / companion that fits in perfectly and is present throughout almost all the campaign - bet if you liked Iorveth, you'll love this one ;) I can't find proper words to praise the REDs for the writing, design, music and overall blend of these .. it just feels like it has the best parts of W1's plot and W2's grim twists along the way - and the main quest's endings / story branches, you can tell they really listened to what people had to say.

Played several hours. Better than the base game, so far, but definitely worse than Hearts of Stone. Hearts of Stone though is almost perfect it would be super hard to beat by anything. Will see if I'll change the opinion when I progress more.

P.S. And I absolutely HATE the "magic colors" oversaturation effect, which spoils a share of fun for me of otherwise awesome game.

Last edited:
Still a bunch of side quests to go till Blood and Wine is cleared thoroughly, and of course different choices in the story line yet to experience for which I'm planning to make another run soon.

Spoilers below obviously.

With that experience, I'd say this is the crown jewel of The Witcher and it gushes with the love CDPR put into making this expansion.
Side quests are so well done and probably the best side of the expansion. Even the simplest ideas in all of the side quests in B&W are just made so intriguing and can't count the times I laughed out loud with the hilarious moments which there were so many. It's packed with references to the whole history of Geralt, and I love it.
The moment with Aerondight *sigh.*.. :)

Atmosphere for me personally, in it's own way and differing from others draws closest to the atmosphere of the first game in quality. The music is incredible, Beuclair is alive and the whole Toussaint is one of the most beautiful places I've seen in a video game. Absolutely love the atmosphere.

Main story holds so many interesting characters - Anarietta, Regis and Syanna being what made the story for me - and every scene, even the dialogues were very tense, the first half of the story building the plot around the mystery was one of the best bits. I think the narrative side of B&W and way it was delivered is the best yet in The Witcher. Dettlaff is the one that left me slightly unimpressed, for me he felt maybe a bit mindless and one dimensional ''overwhelming'' danger, ( not so overwhelming ), but I think the plot saved itself in the end. It was original and interesting.

Gameplay wise, I liked the new elements and especially some of the ''new'' monsters. :) Speaking of monsters, difficulty was a lackluster, which probably wasn't that much about the difficulty of monsters but the overpowered Geralt itself. At this point, I'm not sure how you could make the game difficult without doing it yourself by just restricting some of the ways to build your character. I didn't die once in the whole expansion, on Death March.

Overall, satisfying ending to Geralt in one of the best regions I've ever experienced in an open world RPG. :)

Very good expansion, they took care of most of the players' concerns. I'd say the only remaining flaws for me in the game is combat and difficulty (I disliked the narration of the base game, but they can't do anything about it anymore). There is new stuff everywhere in B&W: people treat Geralt differently, the setting/atmosphere looks, sounds and feels different, the side quests are more diversified and the points of interest more interesting. There are not many dungeons (I despise W3 dungeons) and the ones that are left are good (cf. Moreau). I liked the new bestiary, and could be better if this wasn't for the autolock combat (against the plants thingies it's very frustrating). There's still too much "treasure quests" with "find a letter and a key" though, and some quests felt like Assassin's Creed chores (with the two vineyards or the knight errands quests for instance, unnecessarily repetitive).
Corvo Bianco felt like a video game thing ("upgrade your base") and I'm not sure I liked it.
Some very memorable side quests, interesting characters and narrative (not as good as Hearts of Stone though, which had a fantastic narrative and an amazing antagonist).

The "romance" option in B&W, where and when it can happen, is a disgrace to the beautiful moments that came before. You don't have to make a "romance" scene for the sake of having a "romance" scene, this felt "childish" to me and made very little sense.
"I need a man, Geralt",... seriously?... And the sex scene afterwards might be the most cringeworthy scene I've seen in W3. Eww. Too bad it came after wonderland.

Thank you very much CDPR for the memorable journey. Not my favourite, but objectively the best game I've played. Looking forward to Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Game is not performing amazing for me, every time it auto saves it has a hiccup, it has hiccups over all and performance wise it doesn't seem to stable. Other than that it's great. (i'm on ps4). Foliage has been greatly improved upon too.

A lot of 'wow factors' in this expansion. I won't enumerate all as the list'd be too long.

So far my favorite part is the wonderland in 'a thousand fables': mesmerizing landscape, devilish yet playful villains, the parodies of classic fairy tales, and the reveal of another side of Syanna(so you may see none is pure good or evil, but in between).

Dettlaff was a complete disappointment though. Another Harkon-like vampire villain who's lived for millenniums yet possesses a babyish mind. It feels like he's there simply because devs need someone in the big bad costume to drag Geralt into the old world-saving cliche --- something I thought below the level of CDPR and Witcher series(actually that's exactly why I prefer TW2 over TW3 main game).

Overall I'd rate it between the main game and HoS. But nonetheless I consider it a good ending for the story of Geralt of Rivia.
Good luck on the path, CDPR!

Blown away by Toussaint. Blown away by Beauclair.

Personal highlights after about 6 hours of gameplay:
  • Topography &Architecture: Taking my time by slowly walking just to appreciate the amazing artistry that went into building this superb region.
  • Characters, Dialogues & Humor: I commend the writers. You guys know how to write proper characters. Dialogues are a pleasure. Humor is extra magnificent.
  • Music: Extra praise for the new music - it's a natural fit to the region, and just beautiful compositions all around. I think Marcin Przybyłowicz outdid himself with this OST.

Played a several hours. Better than the base game, so far, but definitely worse than Hearts of Stone. Hearts of Stone though is almost perfect it would be super hard to beat by anything. Will see if I'll change the opinion when I progress more.

P.S. And I absolutely HATE the "magic colors" oversaturation effect, which spoils a share of fun for me of otherwise awesome game.

Agree with you - HoS definitely the best for me.

I've completed B&W (main quest and a couple of side quests only) but it just didn't have the same buzz for me - although I have run into a lot of bugs that meant I was having to restart the game several times, so I was feeling frustrated. The loading screens have become noticeably longer and at one point during Night of the Long Knives I had to force-quit after one last 15 minutes. The plot pacing felt off.

Also agree with Cheylus. The fucking - there is no romance in B&W - was both cringeworthy and disappointing after how well done Geralt's interaction with Shani was, that's by far the best romance in any of the Witcher games, never mind W3. When I realised during Fairyland that Geralt was being teed up for a shag with Syanna I was really surprised. It just felt all kinds of wrong. I wondered if CDPR had realised there were no characters in the game to "romance" so they just wedged in a whacky one to get it done.

Dettlaff felt a bit flat too, we relied too much on Regis' exposition to make him interesting. And it really felt like there was a lot of talking.

I really hope a bug fixing patch comes out soon - I want to enjoy the expansion to the full, but it's impossible when you have to keep stopping and starting.

I play it a some little parts...because I just don't want it to be end. I completed a few side quests and a bit main story and I absolutelly love it. The atmosphere is amazing. The music is just so beatifull and reminds me w1 which I adore. Special thanks for monsters, especially bruxes and vichts which are amazingly done! You are the best cdpr. Thank you very very much for what you're doing. You are just wisards.

Top Bottom