Was 1.31 the last patch?

+

Guest 3842565

Was 1.31 the last patch?

There hasn't been a patch for over half a year already. Has there been end of support for Witcher 3 that I've missed? Or is CD Project RED just fully focused on Gwent now?

The game was said to be supported with patches until the end of 2016, so I would not be surprised if 1.31 was indeed the last patch, unless some serious bug is found that really needs another patch.

As sv3672 said, yes, 1.31 is probably the last patch Wild Hunt will receive from CDPR unless a game breaking bug is found. And they are, in fact, fully focused on Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077 at this time.

Let us hope so. I use a lot of mods, every patch was a pain in the ass to update them, the last patch useful to me was the 1.22.

I remember seeing a tweet by Marcin Momot back in January answering this question and he said there were no plans for another patch.

Merc616;n8367990 said:
I remember seeing a tweet by Marcin Momot back in January answering this question and he said there were no plans for another patch.

That is correct. At this moment we are not working on, nor planning to release, any patches for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Marcin_Momot;n8368750 said:
That is correct. At this moment we are not working on, nor planning to release, any patches for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

About future updates - is there any progress with Linux version or it's completely abandoned? The last time you said it's something you are looking into, but you never announced complete cancellation.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8368900 said:
About future updates - is there any progress with Linux version or it's completely abandoned? The last time you said it's something you are looking into, but you never announced complete cancellation.

Still nothing new I can share on that topic. Sorry.

Rafaelbw;n8367570 said:
Let us hope so. I use a lot of mods, every patch was a pain in the ass to update them, the last patch useful to me was the 1.22.

I would gladly swap every available mod for a new official patch with some nice improvements.
But i think you're lucky, and sadly nothing will happen anymore with Witcher 3.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8368900 said:

I do not think it is likely by CDPR themselves, the game is basically done and dusted by now. No new expansions, enhanced edition, modding tools, ports to more platforms, or - as it has just been confirmed - even patches. It might still appear one day here on Feral's radar, though.

how about a patch with an option to choose from old and new witcher gears looks, likr with Triss and Yen alternative looks..

Rafaelbw;n8367570 said:

Yeah, but...there's still something worth fixing that was broken in the recent patches.

Like this

Krull32;n8369390 said:
I would gladly swap every available mod for a new official patch with some nice improvements.

This ^

Only a minority of the player base use mods, so an official patch is beneficial for every single player, a mod only for a few, so i much rather have an official patch even if it screws some mods.

Marcin_Momot;n8368750 said:

A pity in my opinion, there is so much that could be improved, specially when taken into consideration that this is the final game on Geralt's story.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/485624149155621614/

Last edited:
Krull32;n8369390 said:

At most, the modding community could create an "Unofficial Witcher 3 Patch", similarly to those made for Skyrim and its expansions. I doubt there is enough interest, though, otherwise a mod project like that would already exist.

they shud make a mod where it adds a vendor somewhere in one of the locked buildings that buys any undroppable and diagrams. anyone else not like having to keep the diagrams of crap you'll never craft? the list can get long...

The music in the game is still quite buggy, stopping abruptly without reason - I would expect this to be patched as well, 2016 or not.

sv3672;n8422590 said:
At most, the modding community could create an "Unofficial Witcher 3 Patch", similarly to those made for Skyrim and its expansions. I doubt there is enough interest, though, otherwise a mod project like that would already exist.

If RedKit 2 was released as it was initially promised, then maybe this would be more feasible and more people would be interested into modding the game.

Top Bottom