XP problem in my first playthrough

+
XP problem in my first playthrough

Hello,

a little problem in my first playthrough. My style is: going beserk with all the icons on the map. So i Visited all the ? Markers before i was thinking about going to novigrad. Bought my enhanched griffin gear set at level 18. Sounds like a wonderful life in Velen.

but i didnt knew you cant get XP for quests 5 levels lower. So now I'm doing the main quests in novigrad at level 18 and miss an enormous amount of xp. I saw that there are 3 more side quests in novigrad below my level. Im very sad about it

it means that im mis a lot XP Just because i enjoyed the game how it was meant. And i Will finish the game on a lower level then other players who finished the main story first.

do you Guy's have tips? From now on i will prevent this situation but is there anything i can do to save the boat? I dont want to end on a lower level Just because i enjoyed the Velen counrty side that much

Ofcourse i read all the posts about people with the same problem. I want to fix it now i can. What is the best thing to do?

iCake

Forum veteran
Missing out on XP is inevitable in this game, don't worry about it though as it is not actually missing out but "being controlled" in how much you level. This "punish" for outleveled quests system is designed to keep players progression in check and at the same time get everybody to about the same level at key points of the game, no matter if they completed everything or rushed through the game.

E.g. If you did most of the stuff no matter the order you'll emerge around level 32 at the start of the concluding chapter, if you rushed through you'll be around level 28. But as I said, there is no missing out in retrospect, you'll still be able to get through the game without getting underleveled. Enjoy the game :)

iCake, thank you very much for your comment. It makes a lot clear now. Only one thing: when you think logical: when you do de ? marks and gain XP for it you don't get that much XP compared to when you do the main quests right? So you should say that you gain more XP by doing main quests in a level radius of 5 then when you do the ? marks and do the main quests when you level is +5 or more (bcause you gain arround 200 XP for mainquests and only 20 to 100 in ? markers and small quests)

The fact that you say i will be arround level 32 in the final chapter makes me confident that i play the witcher on the right way! Just enjoying every single bit of it. Thanks

iCake

Forum veteran
Kemet1

Those question marks have a kind of fail safe in them. What I mean by that is that they always reward you with a set amount of XP, abandoned sites and monster nests to be specific. Being overleveled doesn't have any impact on that, that's why they're best left till the very end, but only if you really want to squeeze every last bit of XP out of the game. In all other circumstances I'd say it time and time again, just play the game in whatever way you want to. There is no "right" order of doing things.

As for your assumption that main quests give most XP, you're absolutely correct. Generally the amount of XP given by quests follows this logic:

Main quests -> secondary quests related to main characters (Yen, Keira, Triss and so on) -> witcher contracts -> secondary quests.

Top Bottom