Using corssbow underwater

+
Using corssbow underwater

1. Should I draw the crossbow before going swimming?
2. Use the default bolts?
3. Is the crossbow an auto-aim weapon underwater?

Any tips? I hardly use this on land, I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly but my shots seem to miss.

Thanks.

Just keep the crossbow equipped, you can then draw that quickly underwater if needed. Geralt puts his weapons away anyways when going to water or while swimming, so no use of drawing that too early.

I had some problems with crossbow under water when using special bolts. Only default bolts were effective. Can't remember though was that some sort of bug or what happened back then. It has been a while since I last played.

Auto aiming works to enemies who's health bar is visible, but not very well if enemy moves fast or is in difficult angle, like practically behind your back.

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
I also learned to rely on quick-tap autoaim when underwater. Manual targeting with that sluggish velocity and curved trajectory of fired bolts can be very frustrating.

Thanks. It had quite the learning curve, but I think I got the hang of it.
Sunsibar - I too found that the default bolts worked best. I had a slightly better crossbow than the starting one, but I could still 1-shot lv10 drowners 95% of the time. Character had just reached lv 7.

iCake

Forum veteran
As far as I know the option to choose from different bolts underwater is a bug introduced with the patch that overhauled UI and nothing more, none-default bolts hardly do any damge underwater and you couldn't even choose any but the default bolts prior to the UI patch, which came a lot of time after release btw.

Top Bottom